STLRAMSFAN Guest

First three games how do we compare?

Tennessee
    Tits Record 1-2 (Our D stopped them in the Red Zone they had a shot at the end zone for the win)

Week 1 Pittsburgh 34, Tennessee 7 Tits lost by 27
    Week 2 Tennessee 25, Baltimore 10 Tits won by 15 against Baltimore who is 0-2
    Week 3 St. Louis 31, Tennessee 27 Tits lost by 4

Arizona

AZ record 0-3 (Our D stopped them in the Red Zone they had a shot at the end zone for the win)

Week 1 N.Y. Giants 42, Arizona 19 AZ lost by 23
    Week 2 St. Louis 17, Arizona 12 AZ lost by 5
    Week 3 Seattle 37, Arizona 12 AZ lost by 25

SF

SF Record 1-2 (only win Rams)

Week 1 San Francisco 28, St. Louis 25 SF won by 3 against Rams
    Week 2 Philadelphia 42, San Francisco 3 SF lost by 39
    Week 3 Dallas 34, San Francisco 31 SF lost by 3

Man if it were not for two goal line stances by the D we could easily be 0-3 as Bulger says. I dont want to leave every game in the hands of our D at the end. Combined record of teams we played excluding the Rams games 1-5. It only gets tougher we better step it up.
    Last edited by STLRAMSFAN; -09-25-2005 at 11:13 PM.

ZigZagRam is offline Registered User

Re: First three games how do we compare?

I always though it was humorous when people try to make these kinds of comparisons.

Some teams matchup better with other teams. Factor in other things like injuries, home field advantage, etc. In the NFL every win is important no matter what.

STLRAMSFAN Guest

I understand match ups and how a team can be tougher then their record for certain teams. So what you are telling me is we have played the toughest competition we are going to face this year. LOL

The teams we have played are not looking like playoff contenders. It’s probably a good thing they might not make the playoffs. According to your theory they are probably a match up problem. We don't want to face them in the playoffs if they are going to be a match up problem because they almost beat us. Maybe we could play Philly or New England I know they look good but we would probably match up better with them.LOL

Are you one of those that when you don’t like the look of something you ignore it? We could have been 0-3 if not for the Defense stopping them while they are throwing at the end zone. We left the only two games we won up to the defense in the red zone. We had home field advantage today. All I am saying is its nice to be 2-1 but its only going to get tougher and we better step it up.
    Last edited by STLRAMSFAN; -09-25-2005 at 11:48 PM.

talkstoangels61 Guest

Not good enough IMPO! but, ill take the wins thats for sure just hope they start clicking on all cylinders!

UtterBlitz is offline Registered User

Um, we did win today. Let's not forget that little fact. You can only play one game at a time, and so far we have two wins for the season.

Let's just be happy for a moment and thank the team for a hard fought victory.:football:

Rams....thanks guys. :clanram:
    I am still trying to decide which jersey to pick. Lots of good motivated play to inspire me.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]