Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    chipperjones is offline Registered User

Fisher-Bartell injury updates

I saw them both leave the game with injury's.I had to go to the store though so I have a question.1. Did either of them return?2. If not, what is the severity of the injury's?

Nick is offline Superbowl MVP

Re: Fisher-Bartell injury updates

Neither returned. Fisher injured his groin, which I believe was a problem for him last year. Bartell has a calf injury. I don't think either look to be too serious, but could be nagging, especially for Fisher since he struggled with it all last season.

bruce4life is offline Registered User

thats going to hurt us since the seahags have 5 quality wr's... branch, burleson, engram, jackson, and hackett...

RamFan_Til_I_Die is offline Registered User

It seems Tye Hill may get the start we are wanting. Too bad it may come from injuries instead of outperforming the starters.

ramsbruce is online now Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by RamFan_Til_I_Die View Post
    It seems Tye Hill may get the start we are wanting.
    Tye Hill started today in place of Brown.
    Quote Originally Posted by RealRam
    What next, NFL gay players kissing on the mouth. To me it is S.O.S.: simply/obscene/sickening. Rest assured I will never cheer for a known homo player

chipperjones is offline Registered User

Thanks.So what do we have now 2 healthy cornerbacks?

RamFan_Til_I_Die is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by ramsbruce View Post
    Tye Hill started today in place of Brown.
    Didn't know that...I missed the first quarter and a half of the game. Still glad he finally got to start and sad at the further depletion of the secondary.

RamsFan16 is offline Registered User

Fisher got hurt? Dang it I was hoping he got benched. I was all excited coming back saying hey! Fisher got benched but he was only slightly injured.
    RamsFan16

Quote Originally Posted by RamsFan16 View Post
    Fisher got hurt? Dang it I was hoping he got benched. I was all excited coming back saying hey! Fisher got benched but he was only slightly injured.
    No, he did not get benched. He had a decent day overall before leaving the game. I don't think the anti-Fisher crowd gained much ammunition this week. He was called for defensive holding on third down on a play where Favre had literally all day to throw, and when QBs have that kind of time, DBs usually have to resort to some grabbing in order to keep their man locked down. He had a nice pass break-up on a deep throw to Driver. Was step for step with him.

I'll tell you this. Bartell looked much better in that game than Fisher did all year.
    RamsFan16

MASSIVE is offline Registered User

Angry Re: Fisher-Bartell injury updates

It seems that almost everybody is riding Fisher's play so far but the real problem is the lack of passrush from our Defensive ends (Little,Hargrove,Green,and the rest). I read some where that Hasslet called out Little to make a play! The front four better improve or our secondary will keep getting burned.:\

I'll tell you this. Bartell looked much better in that game than Fisher did all year.
    Can you support this statement? Not trying to sound like a jerk, but I'd like to hear the reasoning that Bartell looked so much better. I don't recall hearing a lot of praise of Bartell during his limited time in the starting position, and the stat sheet certainly doesn't reflect a huge disparity.

Quote Originally Posted by MASSIVE View Post
    It seems that almost everybody is riding Fisher's play so far but the real problem is the lack of passrush from our Defensive ends (Little,Hargrove,Green,and the rest). I read some where that Hasslet called out Little to make a play! The front four better improve or our secondary will keep getting burned.:\
    THANK YOU!

When you can't generate pressure on the quarterback, then your secondary will be exposed. Doesn't matter who is back there, and it's magnified whenever you bring extra men and still can't get good pressure.

Fat Pang is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by MASSIVE View Post
    Agree completely. Our inability to provide pressure without sending the sink is putting our DB's under the microscope. Sometimes their close-up's won't be edifying. The line needs to do a better job.

Quote Originally Posted by Nick View Post
    Can you support this statement? Not trying to sound like a jerk, but I'd like to hear the reasoning that Bartell looked so much better. I don't recall hearing a lot of praise of Bartell during his limited time in the starting position, and the stat sheet certainly doesn't reflect a huge disparity.
    In Fisher's playing time which should be cut significantly he has been playing 10 yards off the recieving and getting beat all day and missing tackles. Today he played very little because of his injury and I'll say he did alright. But Bartell today against Jennings and Driver didn't get burned at all and was with the Reciever the whole game and had some nice pass breakups where he reached around and knocked it out. You may have not seen it on TV but while I was at the game I watched him and he did very well filling in.
    RamsFan16

In Fisher's playing time which should be cut significantly he has been playing 10 yards off the recieving and getting beat all day and missing tackles.
    One, how far off the ball a guy plays is a scheme issue. A player's position on the field is going to be determined both by the play that's called, the situation the team is in, and where on the field he actually is. I seriously doubt a defensive coordinator just leaves a guy's technique and position completely up to him as you suggest.

Two, again, where's the support? Saying he gets beat all day and misses tackles is a vast misrepresentation that you provide no support for. IMO, the only game where Fisher has played poorly was against Boldin in Arizona, but Boldin is one of the best young receivers in the game. So other than that, when has he consistently missed tackles? When has he really gotten beat all day? Point me to some plays this season to support those claims if you're going to make them.

Today he played very little because of his injury and I'll say he did alright. But Bartell today against Jennings and Driver didn't get burned at all and was with the Reciever the whole game and had some nice pass breakups where he reached around and knocked it out. You may have not seen it on TV but while I was at the game I watched him and he did very well filling in.
    So Bartell played much better than Fisher because he didn't get burned and had some break-ups (NFL.com play by play only credits him with one). But Fisher didn't get burned either to my recollection and also had a clutch break-up. So again, I don't see where Bartell played much better here...?

It's hard to judge either of these guys in this contest on limited time, but I simply did not get the impression that Bartell was significantly better than Fisher today. I would think if Bartell was so much better in general, the Rams wouldn't have moved him to a new position this summer.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast