Rambos is online now Registered User

Fisher four Pillars

When ask what is you philosophy

The new four pillars

Run the the ball

Protect the QB

Play good defense

Get the ball back
    RamDez, Truth, sashadpb and 2 others like this.

berg8309 is offline Registered User

Re: Fisher four Pillars

Those are oddly football-related.
    RAMarkable and THOLTFAN81 like this.

Tampa_Ram is offline Registered User

i like those 4 pillars.

also:

Cladwell fired, i wonder if Fisher regrets choosing and not waiting more. also seems a little odd they announce it right when they have a press conferance for Fisher.

Truth is offline Registered User

I'm only surprised it took this long. Probably had to clear it with Peyton.
    That's my story, and I'm sticking to it!!

jerseyramsfan is offline Registered User

The pillars left with Spags....Give me rotten SOB's that can flat out play ball...

01d 0rd3r is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by rambos View Post
    when ask what is you philosophy

the new four pillars

run the the ball

protect the qb

play good defense

get the ball back
    hahahahaha it's funny because it's mocking spags you're so clever
    C-Mob 71 likes this.

chucknbob is offline Registered User

Let me recommend these four pillars:1. Kick ass2. Take names3. Play to win the game 4. Stop dropping the ball!!!

Rambunctious is offline Registered User

While I am ready and glad we are at the next stage I will stand by this statement.

Devaney, Spags and the four pillars were needed at the time they arrived and they have left the team with a solid foundation for Fisher to build on.

It's easy to make fun of them now but if our locker room was riddled with bad characters and turmoil... there is a good chance today's press conference would have been held in Miami.

Rambos is online now Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by Rambunctious View Post
    While I am ready and glad we are at the next stage I will stand by this statement.

Devaney, Spags and the four pillars were needed at the time they arrived and they have left the team with a solid foundation for Fisher to build on.

It's easy to make fun of them now but if our locker room was riddled with bad characters and turmoil... there is a good chance today's press conference would have been held in Miami.
    I meant no disrespect to Spags really, I don't want a bunch of idiots on the team....

Fisher did lay out what he feels is the basis to build his team on...

“The philosophy is very simple,” Fisher said. “We want to do whatever it takes to win football games. We want to be a tough, physical football team.”

As for the rest of the team, Fisher wants it to pass block, run the ball, play stout defense and get the ball back for the offense.

Rambunctious likes this.

tomahawk247 is offline Registered User

1. Moustache

2. Moustache

3. Moustache

4. Sunglasses
    Rambunctious likes this.

GROUND DOG 39 is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by Rambunctious View Post

That's a fair point Rambunctious. The pieces he left us with, did ultimately pave the way for Fisher to choose us over the Dolphins. So for this reason alone, I'll be eternally grateful for Spags efforts, as coach of the Rams.
    Four pillars which actually correspond to the game of football. I think this is a much better concept than the original 4 pillars.?
    Rambunctious likes this.

mh-i is offline Registered User

I thought Fisher chose the Rams because our owner was going to stay out of his way. I don't see where Spag's 4 pillars has anything to do with it at all. In fact if good character translated to good football then Spags wouldn't have been fired.

Rambunctious is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by mh-i View Post
    I thought Fisher chose the Rams because our owner was going to stay out of his way.
    Didn't hear that in the press conference yesterday. You are making an assumption just like me. It's just my opinion that the current talent and character players we have on the roster helped influence his decision.

I don't see where Spag's 4 pillars has anything to do with it at all. In fact if good character translated to good football then Spags wouldn't have been fired.
    Good character doesn't automatically translate to winning football... neither does bad character. You can fill a roster with mean tough sobs and still lose.

Once again it just my belief but I think good characters in the locker room help to build a foundation and bad characters in the locker room are obstacles you have to over come.

GROUND DOG 39 is offline Registered User

I thought Fisher chose the Rams because our owner was going to stay out of his way. I don't see where Spag's 4 pillars has anything to do with it at all. In fact if good character translated to good football then Spags wouldn't have been fired.
    Id be the first one to admit that Spags four pillars philosophy, is flawed to say the least. But that doesn't mean to say it didn't have it's benefits. In fact, when Spags DID manage to find a talented, high character guy in the draft. It naturally give us, the ultimate professional.! Which Im all for. Implementing his ideas over a full roster though, is another story. Especially now that coaches are getting less and less time these days, to make it work. I think Spags made the mistake of thinking that good character would make up for any lack of talent on his team. As we all know, football doesn't work like this. But that doesn't mean to say character isn't important, because its obviously very important.
    I wouldn't ever downplay the effect of having good character players on any team. The feasibility of finding players in the draft, who have the talent to match their good character, was always going to be very difficult for Spags. But fair play to him, he did try and do it the right way.?

BlueTalon is offline Registered User

We had a GM who made getting high-character guys the highest priority. That philosophy took us from Super Bowl contenders to basement dwellers. That philosophy left us with a roster that needed to be completely blown up.

Apparently, it has done the same thing for you guys. When I read about the Rams, the topic is usually the dearth of talent, not the depth of talent. You have some key players that you can build a team around, but the only one that really figured into Fisher's decision was Bradford. I am as sure as I can be that the Rams' current talent and character in the locker room had very little to do with his decision to be the Rams head coach, because the majority of those guys are going to be gone soon.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast