Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Like Tree11Likes

Thread: Fisher is in the house I think it's a done deal

Rambos is offline Registered User

Re: Fisher is in the house I think it's a done deal

HBalzer721 Howard Balzer
    Tony Softli (@SoftliSTL) reports Jeff Fisher at Rams Park and two assistants from Steve Spagnuolo coaching staff also arrived.
    16 minutes ago

CBSsports

Jeff Fisher continues to contemplate coaching the Rams or the Dolphins though it is increasingly looking like Fisher has all but made a decision.

A source close to Fisher says the former Titans coach is "95 percent certain" he's going to accept offer from Rams. An official decision could come as early as Monday, the source said. (Though my guess is the Rams would announce it on Tuesday so as not to interfere with news from national championship game.)

Now, there's a caveat here, and it's a big one. It's the wallet of Miami owner Stephen Ross. It's very possible Ross makes a huge, final offer that could sway Fisher. So far, a source says, that hasn't happened.

But that doesn't mean it won't and that's the only reason, I'm told, it's not a totally done deal. Fisher is waiting for the final word from Ross.

A source also confirmed Fisher has a fear the Rams might move to Los Angeles though that isn't said to be a deal-breaker.

But everything continues to point to Fisher coaching the Rams with the Ross wallet being the only possible hangup

SoftliSTL Tony Softli
    Rams playing hide and seek with the Media, very interesting!

SoftliSTL Tony Softli
    Coach Fisher and Kevin Demoff just left Rams Park
    3 minutes ago

MiamiHerald.com

Fisher leaves St. Louis (flying commercial)

Jeff Fisher spent four hours at the St. Louis Rams facility today before leaving for the airport where he reportedly boarded a flight on Southwest Airlines, according to the St. Louis Post Dispatch.

The man the Dolphins flew to their training facility on a private helicopter apparently doesn't mind flying commercial with unassigned seats and no first class cabin!

And so what all does this mean?

Fisher was flying to Denver. The actual purpose of his trip is unknown but I suppose it's possible he could be returning to a second talk with St. Louis Rams owner Stan Kroenke. Fisher met Kroenke on Thursday at the owner's Denver headquarters.
    GROUND DOG 39 likes this.

miamiherald.com

Miami Dolphins have backup plan if Jeff Fisher takes Rams job

With the belief spreading that Jeff Fisher will take the Rams’ coaching job, the Fins will interview Mike Zimmer and others.

Jeff Fisher, by logic, is Miami Dolphins’ top choice

By Barry Jackson

With Jeff Fisher reportedly leaning toward taking the St. Louis Rams coaching job, the Dolphins are planning to book interviews with other coaches in the coming days.

One of those candidates is Cincinnati Bengals defensive coordinator Mike Zimmer, who has a very good relationship with Dolphins general manager Jeff Ireland from their time together in Dallas.

As of Sunday afternoon, Fisher had not informed the Dolphins of his intentions. But the Dolphins — who were optimistic they would land Fisher after he visited Tuesday — were no longer optimistic Sunday. One official who spoke to the Dolphins said the team expects Fisher to go to the Rams.

Fox’s Jay Glazer said he would be “shocked” if Fisher doesn’t pick the Rams and a deal with St. Louis could be done within 24 to 48 hours.

Fisher visited Rams headquarters Sunday and was expected to meet with quarterback Sam Bradford. The Rams apparently are appealing to Fisher because of Bradford and because they have a high draft pick (second overall). The Dolphins’ draft position — eighth or ninth — will be determined by a coin toss with Carolina next month.

Glazer said the Dolphins are expected to ask permission to interview Zimmer, who has spent the past 12 years as an NFL defensive coordinator — seven with Dallas, one with Atlanta and the past four with Cincinnati. His defense ranked 15th last season and seventh this season.

But Zimmer’s defense didn’t play well Saturday in a 31-10 playoff loss to Houston, which was led by rookie quarterback T.J. Yates.

The Dolphins also plan to speak with Atlanta Falcons offensive coordinator Mike Mularkey, whose offense played poorly in Sunday’s 24-2 playoff loss to the Giants.

The Dolphins have conducted four interviews (interim coach Todd Bowles, Fisher, Bears special-teams coach Dave Toub and Packers offensive coordinator Joe Philbin). Philbin reportedly made a good impression on the Dolphins during his interview Friday and Saturday.

Zimmer, 55, has never been a head coach, and neither has Toub or Philbin. Mularkey was 14-18 in two years as Buffalo’s coach (2004-05).
    Last edited by Rambos; -01-08-2012 at 08:41 PM.
    viper likes this.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12