Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    RamWraith is offline Registered User

Fisher on Rams radar

Mortensen is reporting that Fisher (Titans) is unhappy in Tenn, and wouldn't be opposed to leaving.

He's also mentioned that two teams have internally discussed seeking permission, The Texans and the Rams.

But the Rams are opposed to a compensation package.

bruce_wannabe Guest

Re: Fisher on Rams radar

that would be sick if the rams got jeff fischer, he is an awesome coach... he knows what he is doing and thats the bottom line

general counsel is offline Registered User

with the exception of jimmy johnson (the former cowboys coach), fischer would be my first choice, but there is no way i would give up a #1 pick to get him.

ramming speed to all

general counsel

Nick is offline Superbowl MVP

Quote Originally Posted by RamWraith
    But the Rams are opposed to a compensation package.
    Good. We need to keep our picks and get all the help we can get.
    ClanRam ModCast: Episode Four
    Rams Discussion Right at Your Fingertips!

Chi-Town Ram is offline Registered User

i think Rivera is the guy Shaw really wants but who knows?
    :clanram:

RamsFan16 is offline Registered User

I'd rather take Zimmer or Rivera over Fisher. What has he done the last few years?
    RamsFan16

RamWraith is offline Registered User

In Fisher's defense, his hands have been pretty strapped do to money constraints. They lost a lot of talent over the last several years.

Quote Originally Posted by RamsFan16
    I'd rather take Zimmer or Rivera over Fisher. What has he done the last few years?

I cant get over how people focus only on winning and losing when evaluating a coach. go check out how vince lombardi did after he left green bay. Talent.

general counsel

cowboyhater is offline Registered User

Regular Season Game -- 1999

Many of us remember the Rams / Titans regular season contest in 1999. The Rams had seemed unstoppable, and Tennessee beat us in a close match.

I hated Jeff Fischer that day. I saw him do something I had never seen a head coach do before. He actually persuaded them to reverse a crucial call (I do not remember the call, so don't ask) without going to instant replay. How many times have we seen a football/baseball/basketball coach/manager chewot an ump/ref, and either get ejected or just walk off in a huff without getting any satisfaction except for the satisfaction of speaking his mind?

n top of that, I was sure that whatever the call was, Fischer himself was wrong. Anyway, I disliked what happened that day, but I figured wither the refs hate the Rams, Fischer is one persuasive cookie, or both.

I wuldn't mind having hm on the sidelines.

jkramsfan is offline Registered User

who said it has to be a #1 pick, the chiefs are going to only give up a #4 for herm edwards.

gap Guest

Re: Regular Season Game -- 1999

Quote Originally Posted by cowboyhater
    Many of us remember the Rams / Titans regular season contest in 1999. The Rams had seemed unstoppable, and Tennessee beat us in a close match.

I hated Jeff Fischer that day. I saw him do something I had never seen a head coach do before. He actually persuaded them to reverse a crucial call (I do not remember the call, so don't ask) without going to instant replay. How many times have we seen a football/baseball/basketball coach/manager chewot an ump/ref, and either get ejected or just walk off in a huff without getting any satisfaction except for the satisfaction of speaking his mind?

n top of that, I was sure that whatever the call was, Fischer himself was wrong. Anyway, I disliked what happened that day, but I figured wither the refs hate the Rams, Fischer is one persuasive cookie, or both.

I wuldn't mind having hm on the sidelines.
    It was a spot on a failed fourth down play. The officials ran the chains out a second time, and low-and-behold, it's then a first down.

And don't forget the roughing the kicker on the last play of the game that would have given us the ability to tie or win the game. Had that flag not been picked up, someone else would have had to retry, or we'd have had to go for a TD.

gap
    Last edited by gap; -01-07-2006 at 07:24 PM.

bruce_wannabe Guest

id for sure give up a 4th round pick for fischer.....

Tony Soprano is offline Registered User

WE WOULDN"T GIVE UP A HIGH ROUND PICK.

KC is giving up a 4th round pick for Herm Edwards. That's the most recent deal and they're parrallels.

Nick is offline Superbowl MVP

Quote Originally Posted by jkramsfan
    who said it has to be a #1 pick, the chiefs are going to only give up a #4 for herm edwards.
    Of course, there's a big difference between Herm Edwards and Jeff Fisher. Not only in regular season success, but post-season success as well.

And even with that said, to only get a fourth rounder for your head coach makes me really wonder what's going on in New York. Even if you don't want Herm there any more, I think you could easily hold out for more than a freakin' fourth rounder.
    ClanRam ModCast: Episode Four
    Rams Discussion Right at Your Fingertips!

In classic jets fashion, they blew this. they only got a #4 because it was clear that they were going to fire him anyway once they turned down the extension request. the articles i read in the ny papers quoted all sorts of league sources on this point. go check out the compensation paid for vermeil and parcells. i admit fischer hasnt won a superbowl, but he is certainly more successful than edwards. a #4 would be no problem as far as i am concerned. The guy is a proven success at the nfl level.

ramming speed to all

general counsel

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast