Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    RAMarkable is offline Registered User

Re: Fisher on Rams radar

I was hoping something like this would happen! It's time for J. Fisher to get out of Tenn and the Rams would be well advised to pursue him provided the cost is reasonable. While I am intrigued with candidates like R. Rivera and M. Zimmer, I believe the Rams are built to win now and a veteran coach like The FISH just needs a change in scenery.
    Just look at his style of play: Tough, PHYSICAL defense, strong and at times dominant running game, solid special teams, and excellent clock managemnt and game-day decision making. What's not to like?

WHAT SAY YE?

Tony Soprano is offline Registered User

Well, if Fisher has made it known he's unhappy .. Maybe Tennessee will be motiviated to unload him JUST like the Jets.

I heard on NY radio that the Jets Front office leaked that they could no longer stand for Edwards flirting with the Chiefs organization. The point being I think there are a couple things Fisher could do to make the situation untenable for the Titans.

Fat Pang is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by RAMarkable
    I was hoping something like this would happen! It's time for J. Fisher to get out of Tenn and the Rams would be well advised to pursue him provided the cost is reasonable. While I am intrigued with candidates like R. Rivera and M. Zimmer, I believe the Rams are built to win now and a veteran coach like The FISH just needs a change in scenery.
    Just look at his style of play: Tough, PHYSICAL defense, strong and at times dominant running game, solid special teams, and excellent clock managemnt and game-day decision making. What's not to like?

WHAT SAY YE?
    AYE, no objections here. Cap issues hamstrung him for the last couple of seasons, and I think' he'd be solid. He used to be our DC under Robinson didn't he?

RAMarkable is offline Registered User

Don't think so Fat Pang, if I recall correctly he was a defensive assistant coach, but Fritz Shurmer was the DC. Excellent point you mentioned with regards to Fisher's cap problems. When he had the talent his teams produced and played well. For some reason I seem to recall a Buddy Ryan connection; it may be that Fisher either coached or played for the guy. Well, at any rate, let's hope this works out for the Rams.

WHAT SAY YE?

Robinson's last season, I'm pretty sure he was. could be wrong though, wouldn't be the first time..................

jkramsfan is offline Registered User

i agree he would make a great addition for us, and even though i think he can win a super bowl with the rams,we can use the fact he hasnt won a sb as a bargining chip to keep the price down.i would even go as high as a # 2 pick since you know what your going to get with fisher and as we all have discovered with the draft, it a crapshoot, so give up the pick and take the sure thing with fisher as to rolling the dice with a draftpick.i know people will say that we need players and we do, but lets get a good solid head coach first and then fill in the players.

RamsFan16 is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by RamWraith
    In Fisher's defense, his hands have been pretty strapped do to money constraints. They lost a lot of talent over the last several years.
    Pretty much the same thing here. He has no money to work with on Defense since our Offense is stuffed with money.
    RamsFan16

OldRamsfan is offline Registered User

with the exception of jimmy johnson (the former cowboys coach), fischer would be my first choice, but there is no way i would give up a #1 pick to get him.

GC My same thoughts my friend

bruce_wannabe Guest

again we would not give up a 1st round pick for him..... it would be more like a 4th...the rams can still light it up on offense given a healthy bulger, faulk, jackson, etc... now if they can get their defense back on track with just a new defensive scheme same guys even( im not joking about this either), the rams could go far into the playoffs next year. FISHER COULD BE THAT MAN

Nick is offline Superbowl MVP

Quote Originally Posted by bruce_wannabe
    again we would not give up a 1st round pick for him..... it would be more like a 4th
    Seriously doubt it would be a fourth. The Herm Edwards compensation package shouldn't be used as an example for what coaches are worth. Look at what Gruden got a couple years ago for Oakland. Successful, good coaches will bring in more than a fourth. If anything, this shows how little the NY organization wanted or thought of Herm. The same will probably not be the case for Tennessee.

Besides, if Fisher's future in Tennessee was in danger, I doubt they would have allowed him to go coach the Senior Bowl.
    ClanRam ModCast: Episode Two
    Rams Discussion Right at Your Fingertips!

maineram is offline Registered User

OK, if fisher is being considered, is norm chow coming along for the offense ????
    I'd welcome fisher as long as he brought Chow along as the OC. no wasted talent on the O side of the ball.
    Fisher puts his mark on the D-side !!

Maineran -
    and out of the ashes rise ...The Breakfast Club !

RamWraith is offline Registered User

No money?? We are projected to be 25 million under next season. I would also disagree with not having the talent. I think there are several workable pieces here in St. Louis with a lot of the current talent we have. We just need to find the few missing components to put it together.

Quote Originally Posted by RamsFan16
    Pretty much the same thing here. He has no money to work with on Defense since our Offense is stuffed with money.

Quote Originally Posted by RamWraith
    No money?? We are projected to be 25 million under next season. I would also disagree with not having the talent. I think there are several workable pieces here in St. Louis with a lot of the current talent we have. We just need to find the few missing components to put it together.
    Yes, cash is no problem for us this coming season and I think he'd do a good job here, but how do we feel about experience over a fresh face?

Seasoned coach or someone fresh out of the blocks and hungry to make a name for himself?

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12