Like Tree3Likes
  • 1 Post By Dwight Frye
  • 1 Post By RAMarkable
  • 1 Post By BrokenWing

Thread: Fisher Says He'll Listen to "Anyone"/PFT

THOLTFAN81 is offline Registered User

Fisher Says He'll Listen to "Anyone"/PFT

Per ProFootballTalk:

Teams like the Dolphins and Jaguars canít hire a new head coach until the regular season ends. They can start talking to anyone they choose to in the meantime.

Jeff Fisher has made it clear through his agent that heís ready to talk. His agent Marvin Demoff told the Miami Herald he hasnít spoken to the Dolphins, but that Fisher ďwill listen to anyone.Ē

Itís hard to imagine Fisher wonít end up with a job this offseason. Miami could make some sense.

Heís a ďbig nameĒ but heís also a big name that hasnít had personnel control in his career. As big names go, Fisher would seem to be amenable to working with Dolphins G.M. Jeff Ireland.
    And for those wondering yes, Fishers agent with the last name Demoff is the father of our COO Kevin Demoff.

r8rh8rmike is online now Superbowl MVP

Re: Fisher Says He'll Listen to "Anyone"/PFT

Quote Originally Posted by THOLTFAN81 View Post
    And for those wondering yes, Fishers agent with the last name Demoff is the father of our COO Kevin Demoff.
    That's the first thing that popped into my head. Initially I thought that may be a plus if Kroenke was interested in Fisher, but it very well could be a negative as a conflict of interest.

Dwight Frye is offline Registered User

I hope Stan is doing some careful planning as to what he will say in his attempt to woo ANYONE into the hc position because we certainly won't be able to let our product on the field speak for itself.

then again, dollars talk loudest ....
    THOLTFAN81 likes this.
    If a team won their division seven straight times, that would be a NFL record. Now add on that team did it with seven different QB's in seven straight years,that record is unbeatable. To do that feat, you must of had a great Defense. Jack Youngblood was the captain of that defense.

BrokenWing is offline Registered User

"So Stan, can I call you Stan? What reason can you give me for coming out of retirement to work with a really bad team and try to make them better?"

"I can give you two. The first, no one has won a Super Bowl with two different teams yet, and if you rebuilt the Rams and achieved that, you would secure a spot in Canton and a legend. The second is simple, money...a metric crap ton of it."

RAMarkable is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by BrokenWing View Post
    "So Stan, can I call you Stan? What reason can you give me for coming out of retirement to work with a really bad team and try to make them better?"

"I can give you two. The first, no one has won a Super Bowl with two different teams yet, and if you rebuilt the Rams and achieved that, you would secure a spot in Canton and a legend. The second is simple, money...a metric crap ton of it."
    Ahhh....but the first reason you gave is not applicable to Mr. Fisher as some team perched very near the Mighty Mississippi River beat him in the only Super Bowl he achieved.

Oh well, maybe reason number two will suffice....
    THOLTFAN81 likes this.

BrokenWing is offline Registered User

For Fisher, just double down on reason two =).
    THOLTFAN81 likes this.