Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree4Likes

Thread: Fisher In so who does it get for DC

CRAZYHORNS is offline Registered User

Fisher In so who does it get for DC

Who do you want as the DC coordinator.

My vote is for Gregg Williams. Lets get this guy and see what this team can do with an aggressive coordinator.

Go Rams

DE_Ramfan is offline Registered User

Re: Fisher In so who does it get for DC

Would be nice to see but how do you convince a guy to jump ship from a Superbowl caliber team to a Supperbowl caliber team?

sosa39rams is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by DE_Ramfan View Post
    Would be nice to see but how do you convince a guy to jump ship from a Superbowl caliber team to a Supperbowl caliber team?
    $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$ talks.

TylerBishop is offline Registered User

apparently Gregg Williams to St. Louis is all the rage right now...all major sources reporting this is possibility

Rambos is offline Registered User

by Ryan

Jeff Fisher is expected to fill out his coaching staff quickly now that he has accepted the job as the St. Louis Rams' head coach. Several names are being mentioned as possible hires. Peter King of SI.com reported on Friday that Fisher is expected to hire Gregg Williams as his defensive coordinator.

Williams is currently holds that same position with the New Orleans Saints. His contract there is up in February. Both Fisher and Williams are very familiar with each other. Williams brought his blitz-heavy approach to the Oilers/TItans from 1997 through 2000, while Fisher was the head coach.

For the Xs and Os inclined readers out there, Doug Farrar and Greg Cosell, the NFL Films guru, discussed Williams' approach on the Shutdown Podcast. The Saints blitzed more than any other team in the NFL this year. They also dropped eight men into coverage more than any other team. With two pure pass rushers like Chris Long and Robert Quinn on the roster, Williams could really have some fun with the Rams' defense in 2012.

Another name on Fisher's potential list, according to Jim Thomas, is Dave McGinnis, currently the senior assistant coach with the Titans. McGinnis came to the Titans in 2004 as the linebackers coach. He was promoted to assistant head coach the following year while keeping oversight of the linebackers. In his current role, he assists with the defensive staff as well as personnel duties, something to note with Fisher likely to have considerable say over personnel.

THOLTFAN81 is online now Registered User

Gregg Will. A missou native who's best friends w Fisher

Keenum is offline Registered User

After today's game, I'm not sure if the Saints would want to bring Williams back! That was an UGLY defensive showing by both teams in the 4th quarter.

But I've read a few articles that say Williams is the most likely candidate as of now.

mh-i is offline Registered User

After watching the Saints game today and the Rams/Saints game earlier this season, we may want to expand the search beyond Williams.

THOLTFAN81 is online now Registered User

Clearly didn't watch the full game. The defense wasn't the reason they lost. The offense had 5 turnovers... Saints should've lost that game by 30 but the defense kept them in it the whole game. Just broke down at the end because they were gassed, much like the *****. Never wanna see the rivals win, but I am happy they did, because now we can get Williams in over having to wait a few weeks or not getting him at all because we can't wait.

Ty SF
    Jockelite and FestusRam like this.

mh-i is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by THOLTFAN81 View Post
    Never wanna see the rivals win, but I am happy they did, because now we can get Williams in over having to wait a few weeks or not getting him at all because we can't wait.
    I'm thinking the Rams will sign a GM before they start hiring assistant coaches. There really isn't a major rush as the Fisher signing should have shown everybody.

FestusRam is online now Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by THOLTFAN81 View Post
    Clearly didn't watch the full game. The defense wasn't the reason they lost. The offense had 5 turnovers... Saints should've lost that game by 30 but the defense kept them in it the whole game. Just broke down at the end because they were gassed, much like the *****. Never wanna see the rivals win, but I am happy they did, because now we can get Williams in over having to wait a few weeks or not getting him at all because we can't wait.

Ty SF
    Bravo for pointing out the fact that Saints offense made the defense look bad. The offense allowed seven points and turned the ball over FIVE times! Like you said, they were gassed by the 4th quarters. Either way, I would love to see him here next year.
    THOLTFAN81 likes this.

TekeRam is offline Registered User

Yeah. I was thinking to myself with about 9 minutes left in the 4th quarter, Williams going over to his guys, "Ok, we haven't lost this game for us, but we certainly haven't won it either. Keep holding them and turn the damn ball over!"

If I wasn't so pissed off that the Whiners won, I'd be happy that we can interview him in the near future, unless the Saints re-sign him quickly.
    I believe!

RuffRams is offline Registered User

Yea you guys realize 17 of those 32 points came from ***** having to drive only 20 yards to score....and of course 3 of those were because saints defense took a stand in the redzone after the turnover
    THOLTFAN81 likes this.

Curly Horns is offline Registered User

Although I don't know much about Williams, I certainly did not like what I saw yesterday in the playoff game between the saints and whiners.

The only whiner that was beating coverage all day long was davis.

Why in the hell does Williams not double cover davis? WHY?

Not that I have a say, but I don't want that kind of stupid running a defense.

Rambos is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by Ferter View Post
    Although I don't know much about Williams, I certainly did not like what I saw yesterday in the playoff game between the saints and whiners.

The only whiner that was beating coverage all day long was davis.

Why in the hell does Williams not double cover davis? WHY?

Not that I have a say, but I don't want that kind of stupid running a defense.

Looks like he's on his way...

Report: Gregg Williams leaving Saints

By Pat Yasinskas
    This isn’t a huge surprise, but ESPN’s Adam Schefter reports that New Orleans offensive coordinator Gregg Williams is expected to leave the Saints and join Jeff Fisher in St. Louis.

Williams worked for Fisher in Tennessee and the two are close friends. Williams’ contract with New Orleans is expiring and there had been speculation he would join Fisher. Williams joined the Saints in 2009 and his trademark opportunistic defense came up with lots of turnovers as New Orleans won the Super Bowl that season.

But Williams’ defense wasn’t able to produce turnovers at anywhere near the same rate in 2010 or 2011. The Saints’ defense collapsed late in the fourth quarter of Saturday’s playoff loss to San Francisco. If Williams hadn’t already made a decision on his future, the two late touchdowns scored by the ***** might have sealed his fate. I never got the sense Williams and head coach Sean Payton were especially close and Payton might have been looking to make a change after what happened Saturday.

Schefter reports that New Orleans already has a short list of potential replacements -- former Rams head coach Steve Spagnuolo and Miami defensive coordinator Mike Nolan. Those two also have been mentioned as potential defensive coordinators in Atlanta.

Even with the season over, we could see the Falcons and Saints battling over defensive coordinators.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast