Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree8Likes

Thread: Fisher: "We're going to get it fixed." (video)

Nick is offline Superbowl MVP

Fisher: "We're going to get it fixed." (video)

ClanRam ModCast: Episode Four
    Rams Discussion Right at Your Fingertips!

r8rh8rmike is offline Superbowl MVP

Re: Fisher: "We're going to get it fixed." (video)

Wow, talk about mailing in a press conference.

RockinRam is offline Registered User

He says that every week. What else is new.
    Rambos likes this.

Ram Dragoon is offline Registered User

...I am ill now....am going to lay down now

MauiRam is offline Pro Bowl Ram

Wow! That was inspiring .. I can understand how a coach might not wish to reveal the particulars with regard to game planning to the media. However, Jeff did not inspire confidence as to whether or not he believes he has a remedial plan that might actually work. "Shoot, we'll fix that" comes to mind.

I was really glad Stan K. hired Fisher, and loved the fact that players around the league wanted to play for him. That said, I'd be lying if I said my confidence in him and the rest of the coaching staff (Schotty and Walton in particular) wasn't severely shaken. We are all hoping Jeff can make some meaningful corrections, but can he really without replacing some of his staff?

Right now the good ship Rams is trying to ride out a storm, but is heading dangerously close to the rocks. Can Fish get it back on course in time? I certainly hope he can by hook or by crook. Maybe the Jags will provide the tonic we so desperately need. On the other hand we could end up being theirs ..

mde8352gorams is offline Registered User

I know everybody is massively disappointed by Thursday night's game preceded by the Dallas game. But honestly, who would you rather have as our coach? Jeff's strength is that he doesn't get too high at the the good things or too low about the bad things. That consistency is what makes him a good coach for our players. I know there are those coaches who scream to inspire or shout to reprimand, but Jeff isn't like that that's perhaps why players like playing for him. I still think he's one of the smarter coaches in the NFL and past few weeks haven't changed that. Have we all forgotten how when things got bad with Scott Linehan the team almost mutinied against him, remember Marc Bulger shouting at him on the sidelines. I don't see that happening with Fisher under any circumstances.

I'm as disappointed as the rest of my fellow clanners, but what can Fisher say? "We suck, let's postpone the season". No, we'll get through this and be respectable once again this season. Between Jeff, Les and Kevin a contingency plan will be developed and the Rams win a lot more games this season. I'm not being idealistic, I just see a strong management team here and remain faithful. There's a lot of talent on this team it just needs the proper channeling.

Go Rams!
    RamDez likes this.

Flippin' Ram is online now Registered User

If he truly wants to get it fixed, then he best adjust to the team's strengths, not weaknesses.
    r8rh8rmike and punahou like this.

♪ R.I.P. Nujabes ♫
    Your beat still laments the world

citr92 is online now Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by Flippin' Ram View Post
    If he truly wants to get it fixed, then he best adjust to the team's strengths, not weaknesses.
    but it's also good to strengthen weaknesses no?

i mean, the passing game should be a strength...but they can't run the ball to open that up

MauiRam is offline Pro Bowl Ram

Quote Originally Posted by mde8352gorams View Post
    I know everybody is massively disappointed by Thursday night's game preceded by the Dallas game. But honestly, who would you rather have as our coach? Jeff's strength is that he doesn't get too high at the the good things or too low about the bad things. That consistency is what makes him a good coach for our players. I know there are those coaches who scream to inspire or shout to reprimand, but Jeff isn't like that that's perhaps why players like playing for him. I still think he's one of the smarter coaches in the NFL and past few weeks haven't changed that. Have we all forgotten how when things got bad with Scott Linehan the team almost mutinied against him, remember Marc Bulger shouting at him on the sidelines. I don't see that happening with Fisher under any circumstances.
    I hear what you are saying about a head coach and “highs and lows.” Consistency can be a good thing, however, consistency applies to both sides of the spectrum – positively or negatively . One can be consistently stubborn to the detriment of one’s goals. I think some of us are wondering if this is perhaps the case right now.

As a fan I don’t pretend to know how to coach a professional football team period. At the same time, as fan, I can observe what occurs on the field of play, and deduce if a scheme is working or not. Something is wrong with our team now. I haven’t seen any signs of mutiny on the sidelines yet, but if we continue to try and force square pegs into round holes, I won’t be surprised if dissension occurs.

Nick succinctly phrased what many of us find extremely puzzling:

Quote Originally Posted by Nick View Post
    My concern is that this organization spent the offseason bringing in pieces to run a high octane passing offense but the coaching staff is still stuck in the old school power running mentality.

This is what Fisher has said since the Thursday debacle: “So we’re gonna fix it as I said (Thursday) night. And we’re gonna have to ... adjust our offensive philosophy to I think what’s probably better suited for us right now — and that’s to hand it off. And then everything else spins off of that.”

Really? You have Sam Bradford at quarterback, traded up to draft Tavon Austin at receiver, and spent big money this offseason to sign Jared Cook, and you think this team's personnel is better suited to run the ball? If the Rams wanted to rely heavily on the run game even without Jackson, then they shouldn't have traded up for Tavon Austin but rather Chance Warmack. They shouldn't have signed a hybrid mismatch tight end in free agency but instead some improved blockers on the edge or a fullback for the backfield.
    Fisher has repeatedly (publicly via media) implied that the remedial formula is to hand off the ball more - establish the run game. It's not working with our current personnel! Jeff''s "consistency" in this area is perplexing to some of us ...

Quote Originally Posted by mde8352gorams View Post
    I'm as disappointed as the rest of my fellow clanners, but what can Fisher say? "We suck, let's postpone the season". No, we'll get through this and be respectable once again this season. Between Jeff, Les and Kevin a contingency plan will be developed and the Rams win a lot more games this season. I'm not being idealistic, I just see a strong management team here and remain faithful. There's a lot of talent on this team it just needs the proper channeling.
    No - you're right - Fish can't say that. Hopefully our management team will find a way to channel our game plan to best utilize our personnel strengths as opposed to attempting to run through a brick wall over and over.

The Rams and their fans could gain a lot of mileage with a win at home over the Jags .. GO RAMS!!!
    RamDez and RealRam like this.

Flippin' Ram is online now Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by citr92 View Post
    but it's also good to strengthen weaknesses no?

i mean, the passing game should be a strength...but they can't run the ball to open that up
    It's a nice accomplishment but seeing that we're playing with a young team, I expect coaches to play through their strengths until the opposing team can find countermeasures against it. Playing like this right now is going to kill the team's confidence throughout the season and that's a huge concern for us.
    punahou likes this.

♪ R.I.P. Nujabes ♫
    Your beat still laments the world

punahou is offline Registered User

I think the difference here is that NFL teams are limited in resources (players) that could be used to strengthen a weakness. If we play to our strengths with what we have it may be a shorter term fix and solution rather than forcing and issue where we may need different personel.

citr92 is online now Registered User

i get it, i totally agree

but i do want to see improvement in the run game

though more improvement out of schottenheimer would be GREATLY appreciated, don't get cute, get first downs

RealRam is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by Citr92 View Post
    I get it, I totally agree.

But I do want to see improvement in the run game.

Though more improvement out of Schottenheimer would be GREATLY appreciated, don't get cute, get first downs.
    That's certainly a start!

Varg6 is offline Registered User

3rd and 1 might be a good time to run the ball and not throw a hail mary. Oh and maybe try running it up the middle and not long stretch plays! See, right there, already improvement by sheer logic and common sense!

Always and Forever a fan of the St. Louis Rams

Randart is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by Flippin' Ram View Post
    Okay good point, we don't need different personel we just need to use those we have better! One thing Jeff and Brian could learn from Harbough and his OC is using our back up O-Linemen as blockers instead of small running backs against giant fast linebackers like we faced in the dang Niners specifically Bowman! He destroyed our WR/TE type guys and our RB's. Now if we had put in say even our fine young rookie Barret Jones an award winner for blocking to be a full back he would eat Bowman up and put that punk on his backside! IMHO

If Jeff really does not know what to do this is a thought, and why worry they will guess he is in to block for pass or run plays did we fool anyone yet on what we are going to do? Ah No! So just execute and don't worry about faking any one out cause we are not! Just an observation of something we could do and incorrporate immediately...
    live4ramin likes this.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast