Rambos is offline Registered User

Fisher will have the inside track on Lions coach Jim Schwartz

Fisher will have the inside track on Lions coach Jim Schwartz, his former assistant in Tennessee. That will work both ways, of course, but Fisher will have one advantage. He will have multiple seasons of Lions tape to analyze. Schwartz won't have anything on Fisher since 2010, and nothing on Fisher with St. Louis beyond exhibition games.
    I was starting to think what if any impact will the Schwartz and Fisher's relationship have in game one. These guys go way back and know each other very well. Fisher was his boss with the Titans and I'm sure he knows his tendency well. Also Brandon Fisher was an assistant to the defensive coaching staff with the Lions last year. He may even provide some valuable info this week.

Going in we know way more about them then they do about us. IMO advantage us, not sure it will be enough to win the game, but it can't hurt.
    Last edited by Rambos; -09-03-2012 at 12:40 PM.

Azul e Oro is online now Registered User

Re: Fisher will have the inside track on Lions coach Jim Schwartz

I think those kinds of things tend to even out. Schwartz has schemed against SJ & Sam a couple of times in the last few years so there's familiarity on both sides.

And it's one thing to know they're gonna throw to Megatron & quite another to stop him.

It does seem likely that it'll get a little chippy in the trenches. Whoever keeps their heads may have a major influence.

One comparison that has me a little annoyed is the Goodell factor. Haven't heard about too many suspensions,etc, for all those Lion off-season shenanigans. How does Pettis get suspended for 4 games for taking prescription kiddie crack & these repeat DUI/stoner fools get away with it ?

r8rh8rmike is offline Superbowl MVP

Quote Originally Posted by Rambos View Post
    Going in we know way more about them then they do about us. IMO advantage us, not sure it will be enough to win the game, but it can't hurt.
    Absolutely. We're going to need a lot more than an intelligence edge, but every little bit helps. Who knows, maybe that'll be the first star that falls into alignment, resulting in a good ending.

Rambos is offline Registered User

Leshoure's suspension for his offseason transgressions is already decided. He will sit out the first two games of the regular season and rejoin the team for their trip to Tennessee in Week 3.

Fairley's is still up in the air, though considering he was arrested twice, like Leshoure, and was actually speeding while driving under the influence, it is reasonable to think that Fairley gets a similar, if not slightly greater punishment than Leshoure.

That said, Fairley's legal hearing has been postponed until November, and it is unclear whether the commissioner's office will wait until Fairley's legal proceedings have finished to pass down punishment.

There has been plenty of time to review the situation since Fairley's second arrest in late May, so it seems like Commissioner Roger Goodell is waiting on something before making his decision. If he is waiting on Fairley's court proceedings, his suspension won't happen until after Thanksgiving.

But let's assume Goodell is simply taking his sweet time on the case and that Fairley will, indeed, be suspended for somewhere between two and four games to start the season.
    Does not look like Fairley going to get his suspension until after his court case in Nov. Goodell is thinking twice before he pulls the trigger these days.

Azul e Oro is online now Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by Rambos View Post
    Does not look like Fairley going to get his suspension until after his court case in Nov. Goodell is thinking twice before he pulls the trigger these days.
    Thx for the update. I guess it's poor sportsmanship on my part but I won't be sorry to see The Rams catch a break here esp with Brockers out & H. Dahl's situation a mystery. I think Best went on the PUP in pre-season as well. Not sure if the 6 week thing applies if it happens before the regular season (?)

Trevor is offline Registered User

We're winning this game.

laram0 is offline Superbowl MVP

Quote Originally Posted by Trevor View Post
    We're winning this game.
    There's the Kool-Aid we've all been looking for. Pass it around!

HornIt is offline Registered User

I think it's going to be more about Fisher vs. Linehan and Gunther Cunningham than Fisher vs. Schwartz though.

RockinRam is offline Registered User

All I know is, is that if Suh injures Bradford I will be pissed.