MauiRam is offline Pro Bowl Ram

Fist hand camp report .. by Gametime ...

Posted: Sat Aug 04, 2007 12:48 pm Post subject: GameTime's Rams Report for Saturday 8/04

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Well i went to my first ever Rams training camp with a friend today, my my what an experience and also a good day to choose.

Day/Temp. - St. Louis weather, VERY VERY hot and humid. Many fans showed up today, much of the place was packed.

I was sitting in the bleachers on the side and today had a very very good view at DB's, LB's, DL, and also Punters/Kickers.

DB's :
    Lenny Walls is a giant CB. IMO he is a very ker piece because he is a fast player who can cover the tall receivers in our division such as DJ Hacket, Larry Fitz, Boldin, etc. OJ Atogwe has also taken some leadership on defense. He barks out many signals and makes some big hits, such as on Steven Jackson today which started a little fight between Pisa, Richie, Oj, and Steven; however everything is ok, some helmets just went flyign and OJ went to the ground by Richie. IMO it was not a bad thing at all because shortly after all the players were fine and joking about it, especially Richie. Another player that really caught me eye today is Tye Hill, boy has he improved. He is so much better in coverage I cant even begin to explain. In the scrimmage today, he made a very nice INT against Isaac Bruce, with OJ becomign his lead blocker.

LB's :
    Did not watch them very much, however did notice some things.
    Pisa is in very very good shape and is unbelievably thick and appears to be back at full speed. Quinton Culberson is as good as everyone is talking about, and continues to run with the second unit. Will Witherspoon is fast fast fast. And in the INT drill, the newly acquired Larry Edwards dropped a little toss to him, not very good at all. Also, Jon Alston appears to be improving, because I rarely heard him get yelled at and he is also running with second unit once again.

Defensive Line :
    Well, this is basically what I think about Adam Carriker.... . I cant even explain to you guys how large he is. And also one player to me comes to mind when I look at him.... Marcus Stroud. Adam hold up very well against the run and continually denies double teams to move him out of the hole. James Hall is a great improvement and Leonard Little is quickly becoming friends with him, as they are always found talking. Once again, Claude was seeming pretty slow to get to do things, however he did look pretty good in scrimmage. Victor Adeyanju did not do all that good today, in scrimmage he was sometimes pushed back by tackles, however he is still improving on pass rushing greatly. One player to watch for very much is Clifton Ryan. He had a very very good day today. In scrimmage against second unit offense he took every double team greatly, sometimes even pushing both players back. On one specific play, it was a bad snap and Clifton was able to push the Center almost on his butt, while snatching the loose ball right up on the ground. ery good future for Clifton I do believe.

Other notes of the day :
    Derek Stanley is a diamond in the rough. He is a very very fast player, who today returned a kickoff all the way while Dante was sitting out today. Our second round pick Brian Leonard is trully as good as everyone says. On numerous plays today, he showed both great quickness and burst through the hole as well as to the outside. Isaac has not lost a step at all, and caught a nice TD pass today. Drew Bennett is the redzone target we have been needing for so long. He is so big compared to our other WR's, and hauls in almost everything thrown his way. And oh yes as for Dane Looker possibly not making the team, you can forget about that one because today he was all over the field, and even had a very nice sliding catch out of bounds. I almost forgot to tell you that today I basically watched Donnie Jones for a good portion of the practice up close. He is doing much much better than people have been saying. In fact, once today when the punters were attempting to put the ball inside the 20, he rolled the ball to about the 2 yard like, and on many of his punts he gets great hangtime.

Plays of the day :
    -Tye Hill had a very nice INT against Ike today.
    -Derek Stanley took a kickoff 'too the house' today against first unit special teams I believe. (He was in because Dante did not practice today)
    -Kay Jay Harris busted a run around the corner and high stepped in the endzone.
    -My #1 play of the day has to go to Ryan "Harvard" Fitzpatrick. Today on a play he faked the handoff and sold it very well, than he quickly bootlegged around the corner with only Todd Johnson closing in and made a 20 yd TD run.

Ok ... so I plagiarized another board, but it's 1st hand --new-- fresh off the press !!

z.nrd Guest

Re: Fist hand camp report .. by Gametime ...

You didnt plagiarize. You listed the guy who wrote it, so it's not plagiarizing.

Posters, AND sites, do not have copyright. Posts are considered public domain.

So you can copy them at will. Or at least, that was true last time I checked net copyright law, which was a couple of years ago (I have a friend in this big law firm who specializes in internet copyright law).

It's just good net courtesy to cite the original author/compiler/poster, which you did.
    Last edited by z.nrd; -08-04-2007 at 05:03 PM.

chipperjones is offline Registered User

Culberson, I have heard, is doing great. I'd love to see him play. He was really practicing with the second team. Thats good for a UFA!

AvengerRam is online now Moderator Emeritus

Quote Originally Posted by z.nrd View Post
    You didnt plagiarize. You listed the guy who wrote it, so it's not plagiarizing.

Posters, AND sites, do not have copyright. Posts are considered public domain.

So you can copy them at will. Or at least, that was true last time I checked net copyright law, which was a couple of years ago (I have a friend in this big law firm who specializes in internet copyright law).

It's just good net courtesy to cite the original author/compiler/poster, which you did.
    Well, in theory, copyright protections can be extended to website contents. Message board comments, however, would not qualify.

The real issue, as you noted, is courtesy. If someone posts something and you wish to repeat it, the courteous thing is to give credit. That said, there is also a line at which we might deem it inappropriate to reproduce materials from other sites here if the purpose is to solicit, rather than to merely inform.

In this particular case, what Maui did was fine.