Thread: Fitz is the...

RamsFanSam is online now Pro Bowl Ram

Fitz is the...

Go ahead, fill in the blank.
    What I see is a raw, inexperienced QB with a lot of talent. He has been thrown into a very complicated offese with very little preperation. He has an offensive line with more holes than swiss cheese, yet still tries hard to make a play.
    Today, it looks to me like his passes that were intercepted might just have cost us the game. But, were they really his fault, or the fault of a system that relies on QB maturity?
    If he had a chance to pass a ball to a reciever instead of relying on a spot pass that counts on timing would he be better?
    Somehow, I think that if he had the chance to pick his own plays, he might be doing better. Then again, Marc would, too.

NY RAMFAN is offline Registered User

Re: Fitz is the...

He just have to pay the price for being a rookie. That MF eli manning was 10 times worst than the Fitz (like it or not, fitz won a game on the road coming from behind)and he improved over the off season, and he was 1st round pick i believe

He has to keep stepping up for us and throwing the best he can. Next season we'll probably have a qb controversy, again.

SFCRamFan is offline Registered User

..back-up. He is young and is gaining valuable experience this year. Games like this really make you miss Marc.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

SJax, a developing quarterbacks best friend...

bruce_wannabe Guest

ya if bulger was back in the lineup, those interceptions would of been receptions!!!!! fitz will be a good 2nd string qb, but bulger is still our guy and i believe will mature into an even better qb next year

Tony Soprano is offline Registered User

On Fox post-game Bradshaw and J. Johnson said this is a learning experience that young QBs go through.

This is what happens when Rookie QBs start in the NFL in a pass-oriented offense.

maineram is offline Registered User

I like Fitz, he has poise and most of all Moxie. He must learn to settle down, but that will come. If we had any kind of line right now, he'd put up some decent numbers, as well as Jackson. Nice future at QB, regardless of the coaching staff.

Maineram -
    and out of the ashes rise ...The Breakfast Club !

Truth is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by RamsFanSam
    Go ahead, fill in the blank.
    What I see is a raw, inexperienced QB with a lot of talent. He has been thrown into a very complicated offese with very little preperation. He has an offensive line with more holes than swiss cheese, yet still tries hard to make a play.
    Today, it looks to me like his passes that were intercepted might just have cost us the game. But, were they really his fault, or the fault of a system that relies on QB maturity?
    If he had a chance to pass a ball to a reciever instead of relying on a spot pass that counts on timing would he be better?
    Somehow, I think that if he had the chance to pick his own plays, he might be doing better. Then again, Marc would, too.
    I was there today. Believe me, those INTs were on Fitz. He over/under threw wide open receivers. He threw behind his receivers on other plays. Even when he had time, he often missed. Do I think he is terrible? No, he's young. He should get better. But I'm not going to blame the system for poor play.

We had short fields much of the day and couldn't do squat. Disgusting.

On a bright note, #31 was all over the place. Arch played a very solid game. Although he was faked out of his shoes by Robinson on the reverse for a TD.
    That's my story, and I'm sticking to it!!

AlphaRam is offline Registered User

Fitzpatrick needs time to develop. However, our O-line has been Swiss cheese - even before the injuries.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

RamsFanSam is online now Pro Bowl Ram

Quote Originally Posted by Truth
    I was there today. Believe me, those INTs were on Fitz. He over/under threw wide open receivers. He threw behind his receivers on other plays. Even when he had time, he often missed. Do I think he is terrible? No, he's young. He should get better. But I'm not going to blame the system for poor play.

We had short fields much of the day and couldn't do squat. Disgusting.

On a bright note, #31 was all over the place. Arch played a very solid game. Although he was faked out of his shoes by Robinson on the reverse for a TD.
    I actually think the uber-precise timing our routes call for could be the fault in today's loss. Remember the play where Holt slipped and fell? Had he been able to keep his footing, he may have made a catch.
    The Rams offense relies on precise timing. A reciever running at full speed can cover three yards in the blink of an eye, so how do you think a young QB would react if his thoughts were interrupted by pressure? He would either throw early or late, resulting in either an incomplete pass or an interception.
    If the QB was allowed to choose plays he was comfortable with, it would allow an opponent to read our offense. But, it would result in many more succesful plays.
    Last edited by RamsFanSam; -12-11-2005 at 08:22 PM.

txramsfan is offline Registered User

work in progress