Thread: Fitz game

STLRAMSFAN Guest

Fitz game

Fitz had a horrible OL he played behind. Bruce was out of bounds on two plays that he normally makes. The Bomb to Holt got called back. Jackson had 24 yards rushing to Fitz's 22 yards rushing. This was Fitís first start of the year was he over hyped originally probably but itís hard to match what he did against Houston. He still has a strong arm and good feet his accuracy is not where Bulgers is yet. But we should give this guy until the end of the season to see what he has. Let him get used to playing with the first stringers and then judge him. We had a horrible OL today and I donít know that Bulger could have done much better with a bad OL and no running game. Fitz was getting hit almost every pass play and he was 21/36 or 58% with a horrible OL. I agree he was off with some of his passes but I can't wait to see him the rest of the year. I think he is our #2 QB next year and I want to see him grow while Bulger heals.

Nick is offline Superbowl MVP

Re: Fitz game

...I'm not sure what you're trying to say with this thread?

For instance,

Quote Originally Posted by STLRAMSFAN
    But we should give this guy until the end of the season to see what he has.
    ...okay. Is someone suggesting we shouldn't? I missed the chat so maybe people said it there.
    ClanRam ModCast: Episode Two
    Rams Discussion Right at Your Fingertips!

STLRAMSFAN Guest

We had someone say Fitz sucks and they can't wait for Bulger to come back. My point was we can not say he is a future Pro Bowler or flop today he had no running game, no OL, and was hit almost every pass play. We need to wait until the end of the season. He has had one good game and one average game IMO. But I still like him as our #2 next year better then Martin or some other aging QB.
    Last edited by STLRAMSFAN; -12-04-2005 at 09:37 PM.

He has had one good game and one average game IMO.
    "Average" is being a bit generous. He was off target quite a bit, averaged only 4.5 yards per attempt, and put up a QB rating under 60.

It was a bad day, and he'll grow for it. But you jumped the gun a bit when a grand total of two people voted Jackson as a great player, and now you're starting a new thread because one person said Fitz sucks. I would suggest that you not overreact to opinion of a handful of people.

STLRAMSFAN Guest

Smile Re: Fitz game

Quote Originally Posted by NickSeiler
    "Average" is being a bit generous. He was off target quite a bit, averaged only 4.5 yards per attempt, and put up a QB rating under 60.

It was a bad day, and he'll grow for it. But you jumped the gun a bit when a grand total of two people voted Jackson as a great player, and now you're starting a new thread because one person said Fitz sucks. I would suggest that you not overreact to opinion of a handful of people.
    I was not doing it for the one person when I heard the comment I wanted to make it known I did not think IMO we should over react with sucks or Pro Bowl. If others had said the same about Jackson or Bulger I wonder what Nick would say.

I would suggest you get over your feelings about my posts. This post was nothing more then to say lets not judge him on just these first two games. If you have a problem with the post then why donít we start having everyone here send their post to you before posting them? This way you can proof read them and make sure people are saying what you want them to say. You are still on a Bulger Jackson kick I see.

AvengerRam is offline Moderator Emeritus

Fitz didn't have a good game, but I'm not sure how many QBs would with such horrid pass protection and WRs playing at 75%.

From what I've seen in the past two weeks, Fitz has earned the right to come back next year as the frontrunner for the #2 job (of course, that could change if he regresses during the rest of the season).

If others had said the same about Jackson or Bulger I wonder what Nick would say.
    Well, whatever he'd say, he'd say it as a response in the initial thread and not do that AND create a new thread about it.

STLRAMSFAN Guest

Smile Re: Fitz game

Quote Originally Posted by NickSeiler
    Well, whatever he'd say, he'd say it as a response in the initial thread and not do that AND create a new thread about it.
    If it triggered something that made you think hum I wonder what others think then I would suggest you do as I do and start a thread about the subject I never even said in the thread anything about the other person I just started a thread about Fitz game because I wanted to focus solely on that hence the title Fitz game. Then Nick came in with his conspiracy radar against any STLRAMSFAN post and thought I had an alternative motive. Why do you ever start any of your threads? Do you ever do it because you wonder what the rest of the Clan think?

This thread is as titled "Fitz game".

Maybe it should read "Fitz game and Nick's complaints".

Nick its okay you can admit it you truly are fascinated by me. Otherwise you would not wink at me all the time. Frankly I wonder if you ever wink at women as much as you do me.
    Last edited by STLRAMSFAN; -12-05-2005 at 12:00 AM.

AvengerRam is offline Moderator Emeritus

Hey! Nick has a genetic eye-twitch and he's very sensitive about it, so lay off!

Then Nick came in with his conspiracy radar against any STLRAMSFAN post and thought I had an alternative motive.
    ...what? I simply wondered what the point of this thread was, since you basically made these same comments in another thread.

Good lord.

Frankly I wonder if you ever wink at women as much as you do me.
    No, but only because my girlfriend would probably take offense. :tongue:

HUbison is offline Superbowl MVP

Quote Originally Posted by STL
    We had someone say Fitz sucks and they can't wait for Bulger to come back.
    1. Fitz has far from "sucked" in his short stint on the field.
    2. As for missing Bulger....yea, me too.
    Nick its okay you can admit it you truly are fascinated by me. Otherwise you would not wink at me all the time. Frankly I wonder if you ever wink at women as much as you do me.
    In my best Jerry Seinfeld voice.........."not that there's anything wrong with that."

Ok, have we interjected enough humor to lighten up this inappropriate personal attack? Great, then let's move on.

Fitz did not look as sharp against the Redskins as he did against the Texans.........but couldn't we insert the name of just about any NFL quarterback and say the same thing?

Bottom line? Our line IS the bottom line. They gave the kid no time, but how can we expect it when we're putting out a gimpy LT, a rookie LG, an aging C & RG, and an out-of-position RT?

Over the next four games, this kid is going to learn dance moves known only to tribal bushmen of sub-saharan Africa.
    "Before the gates of excellence the high gods have placed sweat; long is the road thereto and rough and steep at first; but when the heights are reached, then there is ease, though grievously hard in the winning." --- Hesiod

RamJackson39 is offline Registered User

Ok, Fitzhad a bad game behind a horrible O-Line. Why not extend the same courtesy to Steven Jackson? Wy is it that you always seem ready to attack Jackson, yet defend Fitzpatrick when no one has even said anything other than, he is a rookie?

I do believe that Fitzpatrick is going to be a good QB. I also believe that (when standing) Bulger is one of the top 5 QBs in the league. Not too many QBs could do what he's done behind this O-Line, with that defense. So all of the talk of Fitzpatrick becoming the permanent starter were a tad bit premature, dont you think?

Here's to next season.
    The Roman and The Prince. Playmakers until the end.

Quote Originally Posted by RamJackson39
    Ok, Fitzhad a bad game behind a horrible O-Line. Why not extend the same courtesy to Steven Jackson? Wy is it that you always seem ready to attack Jackson, yet defend Fitzpatrick when no one has even said anything other than, he is a rookie?
    Great question.