Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    RamWraith is offline Registered User

Fitz not all that impressive

I really am not all that sold on this kid. He has done nothing to impress me the last three weeks. He has shown little improvement and doesn't see the field all that well. Again this week he has had wide open receivers and over throws them. I am not sure what some of you see in him, but I am sure not feeling it. Bring in Smoker.

jkramsfan is offline Registered User

Re: Fitz not all that impressive

i hope all the people who thought he was the second coming of joe montana are satisfied that he is not,1 good game 3 bad,makes you really appriciate how good bulger is.

RamJackson39 is offline Registered User

I would also like to see Smoker given a shot. From what I hear, he has a good arm. I havent seen him play, but it seems that he has plenty of talent.
    The Roman and The Prince. Playmakers until the end.

RamsFan16 is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by RamJackson39
    I would also like to see Smoker given a shot. From what I hear, he has a good arm. I havent seen him play, but it seems that he has plenty of talent.
    Yep I agree. I would have liked to see Smoker come in. Fitz is becoming to wild and doesn't get him self calmed down and is over or underthrowing people. I would have liked to see Smoker get a shot but we had to put in the 40 year old Jamie Martin who can't throw the ball over 30 yards. Anyways its a loss and I'm HAPPY about it!
    RamsFan16

r8rh8rmike is online now Superbowl MVP

I still like Fitzpatrick's potential. A little early to make a determination either way. Four games does not make a career. I seem to remember a rookie named Aikman who had 9 TD's and 18 INT's on a 1-15 team.

STLRAMSFAN Guest

Quote Originally Posted by r8rh8rmike
    I still like Fitzpatrick's potential. A little early to make a determination either way. Four games does not make a career. I seem to remember a rookie named Aikman who had 9 TD's and 18 INT's on a 1-15 team.
    Good point and I agree. Fitz needs all the reps he can get because with any hope Bulger will be taking all the reps next year and we will have already determined if Fitz is a viable prospect. If their are people that know that Smoker has more potential then Fitz then I am for Smoker but I have not seen enough of him to say. This offense with its timing routes is not easy and Vitt even said a lot of it is just timing. However I believe I have seen passes from Fitz that looked like more then timing even on the screen passes. But Fitz still needs more reps to let him feel more comfortable in the system and then judge his potential.

shortman1984 is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by r8rh8rmike
    Im with you.. I think he has potential and he is a rookie. and he was only a 7th round pick. I think he is having a better year than Alex Smith who was the number 1 overall pick.

jkramsfan is offline Registered User

he needs all the reps,but as soon as bulger comes back he goes back to the bench,so he needs to prove himself while he has the chance and so far not so good.

Nick is offline Superbowl MVP

I don't know what Jeff Smoker has done that has people clammoring to see him?

Fitzpatrick hasn't looked sharp the last few weeks, but has shown potential, as evident in the Texans game. We need to use the rest of the season to continue to evaluate him as a potential #2 guy for next year.
    ClanRam ModCast: Episode Two
    Rams Discussion Right at Your Fingertips!

talkstoangels61 is offline Registered User

Too say the least!.............Put smoker in after all you did draft him didnt you?..............Whats it gonna hurt?...............Wears a good # too!15

ramsbruce is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by RamWraith
    I really am not all that sold on this kid. He has done nothing to impress me the last three weeks. He has shown little improvement and doesn't see the field all that well. Again this week he has had wide open receivers and over throws them. I am not sure what some of you see in him, but I am sure not feeling it. Bring in Smoker.
    I dunno Wraith I think it's a bit harsh to write Fitz off right now. This team is so messed up that it's really hard to evaluate Fitz in my opinion.

We cut Smoker before and if Bulger wasn't hurt he wouldn't be on the roster, so I'm not sure why we need to see him right now.

Who knows what will happen with no Martz next year, who knows what direction we will go with the backup QBs.

I get what you are saying Wraith but I still want to see Fitz. Martz saw something in Fitz, and we all saw it during the Houston game. Now is he the real deal, I'm not sure. But we need to keep him in there as long as possible to see if the kid has "IT"

The fact that Martz saw something in Fitz, and I am impressed with how Martz has evaluated QBs for the most part (no Martz is not perfect for those of you who will bring up his QB failures) but for as many mistakes as Martz has made, he has also had some real success.

So let's see what Fitz has for the last 2 games, and see what happens with all the coaching and personnel changes when we get into the offseason.
    BRUUUUUUUUCE

Fitz will be okay but, we really need to see what Smoker can do in there to solidify our 1,2,and 3 Qb's so we don't have to draft another one next year and waste a pick on a qb. we need impact players not anymore project players1
    Last edited by talkstoangels61; -12-18-2005 at 10:39 PM.

Just because Martz doesn't like him does not mean that smoker isn't any good! After all he did a real good job at Michigan State

Ramfan2001 is offline Registered User

i also dont think fitz has "it" he was the last drafted qb and he went 2 harvard. Hes supposed 2 b smart not a football player

ramsbruce is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by talkstoangels61
    Just because Martz doesn't like him does not mean that smoker isn't any good! After all he did a real good job at Michigan State
    No one said Martz didn't like him and no one said Smoker isn't any good. Fitz earned the time to play and we need to see what he has. If we even want to keep Smoker we can evaluate him next year in training camp and so on, but the last 2 games won't tell us anything about Smoker.

Imagine if we only saw Fitz in the Houston game and then the following week. We wouldn't know anything about Fitz because 1 week he's a star the next week he's not. Give Fitz the last 2 games, if he performs like he has lately in the last 2 games then we might have a problem, but even then it's really hard to tell because this team is such a mess and Fitz has only played in 3 and 1/2 games.
    BRUUUUUUUUCE

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast