Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    ramsbruce is offline Registered User

Re: Fitz not all that impressive

Quote Originally Posted by Ramfan2001
    i also dont think fitz has "it" he was the last drafted qb and he went 2 harvard. Hes supposed 2 b smart not a football player
    How can you tell what Fitz has after 3 1/2 games?

This just in ...... Football players are smart.

Quote Originally Posted by RealRam
    What next, NFL gay players kissing on the mouth. To me it is S.O.S.: simply/obscene/sickening. Rest assured I will never cheer for a known homo player

Ramfan2001 is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by ramsbruce
    How can you tell what Fitz has after 3 1/2 games?

This just in ...... Football players are smart.
    T.O> aint smart and neither is this guy he needs 2 c the field better

RamWraith is offline Registered User

Fitz has had three games to prove himself, and what has he done? Smoker deserves a shot. We need to evaluate the talent pool (if there is one).

Trust me, if Bulger was healthy, these last 2 games would have been a different story. We need Bulger. I question right now if Fitz is even NFL material.

evil disco man is offline Pro Bowl Ram

Maybe he will "c" the field better once he gets more experience. Remember, he is a 7th round rookie trying to survive in the most complicated passing offense in the NFL - which is exactly the reason I agree that Smoker should get a chance.

Could be EDM...but what is the excuse for Smoker not seeing the field? It couldnt be much worse.

Quote Originally Posted by Evil Disco Man
    Maybe he will "c" the field better once he gets more experience. Remember, he is a 7th round rookie trying to survive in the most complicated passing offense in the NFL - which is exactly the reason I agree that Smoker should get a chance.

Quote Originally Posted by RamWraith
    Fitz has had three games to prove himself, and what has he done? Smoker deserves a shot. We need to evaluate the talent pool (if there is one).

Trust me, if Bulger was healthy, these last 2 games would have been a different story. We need Bulger. I question right now if Fitz is even NFL material.
    Of course if Bulger was here it would be different. If he was here Smoker wouldn't be here. You really think that 3 games is enough to decide whether Fitz is our guy or not?

Wraith explain to me what giving Smoker these 2 games will tell us? Will it give us a definite answer on Smoker either way? I just don't believe it will. Even with giving Fitz 5 and 1/2 games I'm not sure we have a definte answer, but I believe it's a better idea than giving Smoker 2 games.
    What next, NFL gay players kissing on the mouth. To me it is S.O.S.: simply/obscene/sickening. Rest assured I will never cheer for a known homo player

talkstoangels61 is offline Registered User

Well here's my opinion on the matter.....Lets see if Smoker can be a solid #3 QB and if he is let's not waste a draft pick next year on a qb..........Just because MM didnt like him does not mean that he can't play1 Sorry to butt in but, thats the way i would try it!

Quote Originally Posted by talkstoangels61
    Well here's my opinion on the matter.....Lets see if Smoker can be a solid #3 QB and if he is let's not waste a draft pick next year on a qb..........Just because MM didnt like him does not mean that he can't play1 Sorry to butt in but, thats the way i would try it!
    Why are we looking for a #3 when we don't know if we have a #2 yet?

RB

I just don't see what keeping Harvard in there is going to do. I would much rather see if Smoker has ANYTHING before next season to know whether or not he can make this team. We all know Fitz is staying because of his 1/2 game flash he had. But not trying Smoker at this point is doing nothing for out future with the kid.

evil disco man is offline Pro Bowl Ram

Could be EDM...but what is the excuse for Smoker not seeing the field? It couldnt be much worse.
    Unless Smoker is just horrible in practice, I don't know why he wouldn't be given a chance. I'd rather him go in than Jamie "my least favorite" Martin.

Now that was funny!!LOL LOL LOL LOL

Quote Originally Posted by Evil Disco Man
    Jamie "my least favorite" Martin.

talkstoangels61 is offline Registered User

Fitz will be a solid qb IMPO and like ramwraith has mentioned we really do need to see if smoker can play at this level or if its just that MM has had him in the doghouse for something other than his talent.! Who knows he might get the job done!We wont ever know unless we see him out there1 I think that there is a lot of talent missed by teams in this league!

RB

I just don't see what keeping Harvard in there is going to do. I would much rather see if Smoker has ANYTHING before next season to know whether or not he can make this team. We all know Fitz is staying because of his 1/2 game flash he had. But not trying Smoker at this point is doing nothing for out future with the kid.
    I get what you are saying, I guess what I'm saying is 2 games for Smoker most likely won't tell us much of anything. I don't want to give up on Fitz after only 3 1/2 games.

I guess we can agree to disagree on this one buddy. :up:

STLRAMSFAN Guest

You know it might not be bad to see Smoker next game and then if he doesn't do any better then we go with Fitz in the last game. Right now long term potential wise I give the edge to Fitz but it would not hurt to give Smoker 1 game if he does good he gets the last one if he does not then Fitz gets the nod.

Quote Originally Posted by STLRAMSFAN
    You know it might not be bad to see Smoker next game and then if he doesn't do any better then we go with Fitz in the last game. Right now long term potential wise I give the edge to Fitz but it would not hurt to give Smoker 1 game if he does good he gets the last one if he does not then Fitz gets the nod.
    If we are gonna give Smoker 1 game then we have to give him 2 games. 1 game won't tell us anything about Smoker, like I said before I don't think 2 games will tell us anything either, but if Smoker gets 1 game no matter what he does, he gets 2 games.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast