general counsel is offline Registered User

Fitz vs. Ragone-Patience guys

Gentlemen

Please stop overeacting to what you read about one practice scrimmage regarding fitz vs. ragone. If you read carefully on this, you would see that fitz played a bit with the #2's and ragone with the #3's. that alone makes it a lot harder on the qb.

I am not advocating either guy. If either of them sees the field this year we have MAJOR problems. My point is that the coaches know best on this one. Stop picking on ziggy and the front office. They arent going to trade anyone without talking to linehan, who is brand new in the job. How can anyone criticize any trade without even knowing what it was we were trading for?

Some of you guys want to grab every available player, yet never give anything up. Some people on this board this draft picks are worth a fortune when we are deciding whether to give one up (ie on bennett) but dont seem to think that they are worth much when it comes to trading for them.

Linehan is a professional. No one on this board is a professional scout and no one on this board is watching these guys practice day in and day out. whichever way linehan decides to go is fine with me.

One other note of caution. I hope people arent going to go off the deep end based on what they see in the second half thursday night when a bunch of guys who are unlikely to make the roster are on the field and people are trying to evaluate who is the best #3 qb. Pre season performance is certainly a relevant data point, but like any comparison in life, if its not apples to apples situation wise, you have to take it with a grain of salt.

Let the coaches decide on this one.

Ramming speed to all

general counsel

Nick is offline Superbowl MVP

Re: Fitz vs. Ragone-Patience guys

Quote Originally Posted by general counsel
    Some people on this board this draft picks are worth a fortune when we are deciding whether to give one up (ie on bennett) but dont seem to think that they are worth much when it comes to trading for them.
    Good post GC. But as someone who does value draft picks, I'd like to see you elaborate on this a bit if you could, specifically the latter part.
    ClanRam ModCast: Episode Two
    Rams Discussion Right at Your Fingertips!