viper is offline Registered User

Five Rams Heading to NFL Europa

Friday, February 23, 2007

The St. Louis Rams have allocated five players to NFL Europa for the upcoming 2007 season. All five players spent time with the Rams in some capacity in 2006.

DE Mike Brown and CB Josh Lay have been allocated to the Berlin Thunder.

Brown, 6-4, 250, is a Howard University product who was signed to the Rams' practice squad on Dec. 6.

Lay, 6-1, 197, played at the University of Pittsburgh and signed with the Rams one week later.

A trio of Rams, T Jeremy Parquet, DT Tim Sandidge, and RB John David Washington will play with the Hamburg Sea Devils.

Parquet, 6-6, 321, out of Southern Mississippi, spent the final five weeks of the season on the Rams' active roster but was inactive for those games.

Sandidge, 6-1, 300, from Virginia Tech, was signed just after the 2006 NFL Draft as a rookie free agent. He spent most of the season on the Rams' practice squad before being signed to Kansas City's active roster for the final month of the season.

Washington, 5-9, 208, spent the entire 2006 season on the Rams' practice squad after being signed just after the NFL Draft as a rookie free agent out of Morehouse College.

The 2007 NFL Europa season kicks off Saturday, April 15 and will conclude with World Bowl XV on June 23 in Frankfurt, Germany. In addition to the Berlin and Hamburg teams, the Frankfurt Galaxy, Rhein Fire, Amsterdam Admirals, and Cologne Centurions round out the six-team league.

viper is offline Registered User

Re: Five Rams Heading to NFL Europa

It will be good for these guys to get on the field again. In particular, I'd like to see Washington get some playing time and see how he does with the opportunity.

chipperjones is offline Registered User

What ever happened to Fred Russell. Man he was explosive.

Keenum is offline Registered User

Yeah, I'm interested in seeing JD Washington play some. I think NFL Network carries several of those games.

BerlinThunder is offline Registered User

I will be at almost every home game of Berlin Thunder (see my name ) and may give you some insight how the Rams' Players are doing... The home opener is against the Hamburg Sea Devils so I will see every guy the Rams allocated in this game.
    Should reduce the waiting time until the NFL kicks off again

Milan is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by BerlinThunder View Post
    I will be at almost every home game of Berlin Thunder (see my name ) and may give you some insight how the Rams' Players are doing... The home opener is against the Hamburg Sea Devils so I will see every guy the Rams allocated in this game.
    Should reduce the waiting time until the NFL kicks off again
    That'll help out a lot with these guys.

I'm wondering though, can the Rams allocate any of their players to any other team or are the Thunder their 'farm team'?