Results 1 to 2 of 2
Thread: Five Things to Watch
Five Things to Watch
Wednesday, September 1, 2004
By Nick Wagoner
1. The first-team offense probably won’t play as long as it did against Washington, but look for it to get some solid work in the first quarter. Coach Mike Martz wants to get his top unit as strong as possible for the opener Sept. 12 against Arizona.
2. This is the final opportunity for the young players and unknowns to make an impression. Cut day is Sunday and there are still positions to be won.
3. The battle for spots on the offensive line, in the secondary and for the practice squad should come to fruition Thursday night. Dwight Anderson, Brandon Spoon and Greg Randall are among the group attempting to land roster spots.
4. Lamar Gordon could make his return to the field and play pain-free for the first time since his junior year of college. Gordon has been especially enthusiastic in practice this week and has a chance to make an impact.
5. Kevin Garrett gets another go at one of the cornerback spots, in place of the injured Travis Fisher. He was solid against the Redskins, but might need a big performance against the Raiders to earn the spot instead of DeJuan Groce.
Re: Five Things to Watch
I'm looking to see how the new guys step up tonight. There have been some nice suprises so far.
I'm not usually one to bestow accolades upon opposing team players. But, Oakland's 3rd string quarterback Tuiasasopo (spelling?) is an exciting player, very competive. I think he could be a starter in this league. Wouldn't mind having him as a backup in St. Louis IMHO.
By RamWraith in forum RAM TALKReplies: 0Last Post: -01-03-2007, 05:35 PM
By RamWraith in forum RAM TALKReplies: 0Last Post: -11-02-2006, 09:03 AM
By RamWraith in forum RAM TALKReplies: 2Last Post: -09-28-2006, 11:00 PM
By RamWraith in forum RAM TALKReplies: 0Last Post: -01-21-2006, 11:00 AM
By RamTime in forum RAM TALKReplies: 2Last Post: -03-19-2005, 06:45 PM