Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    general counsel Guest

Re: Flipper, Ellard V Bruce, Holt

I dont know where flipper is today, we should be able to find out by googling him, but i hadnt heard that he was allegedly incarcerated. I thought henley was the only former ram currently in jail.

general counsel

Curly Horns is offline Registered User

Cool Re: Flipper, Ellard V Bruce, Holt

As of the 2002 Pro Bowl he was not in jail.

http://ww2.nfl.com/probowl/2002/beach_020602.html

NFL greats compete in legends Beach Bowl
    By Greg Solomon
    NFL.com

HONOLULU (Feb. 6, 2002) — Former NFL quarterback Warren Moon played in nine Pro Bowls during his stellar 17 year NFL career. But today, Moon played what was believed to be his first Pro Bowl on the beach.

Moon was among 14 former NFL greats on hand to compete in the DIRECTV legends Beach Bowl at Fort DeRussy Beach at the Hilton Hawaiian Village.

The Beach Bowl will air on Saturday at 3:00 p.m. ET on ESPN, immediately preceding the 2002 AFC-NFC Pro Bowl (4:30 p.m. ET on ABC-TV, CBS Radio).

"I don't think I have ever played football on the beach like this before," said Moon, who played quarterback for the Houston Oilers and Minnesota Vikings. "It's just great to be around these guys again and we're just out here trying to have some fun."

Along with Moon on the AFC squad was former Buffalo Bills wide receiver Andrew Reed, who was selected to play in seven Pro Bowls during his 15-year career.

"It's always nice to be back in Hawaii," Reed said. "My last season was only a year ago, so I'm in pretty good shape. Yes, I miss the game but being away from the game has also given me a chance to things I didn't get a chance to do while I was playing."

Reed also spoke about former teammate Jim Kelly, the former Bills quarterback who was elected into the Pro Football Hall of Fame on Saturday.
    "What can you say about Jim," Reed said. "There was probably no one more deserving to get in on his first try. It's great for the city of Buffalo and it's great for the Bills."

Also on hand for the legends game was Hall of Famer Tony Dorsett, who played in two Super Bowls, five NFC Championship Games and four Pro Bowls for the Dallas Cowboys.

"My goal today is to stay in one piece, have some fun and not have one of those Jerome Bettis' groin pulls," Dorsett said. "It's just good to back in this atmosphere and to be around these guys again."

Following are the legends that participated in the 2002 Beach Bowl:

Players, Pos. Team

AFC
    Marcus Allen, RB Chiefs
    Vann McElroy, DB Raiders
    Warren Moon, QB Oilers
    Kenny Jackson, WR Oilers
    Andre Reed, WR Bills
    Dennis Smith, DB Broncos
    Darryl Talley, LB Bills

NFC
    Flipper Anderson, WR Rams
    Chuck Cecil, DB Cardinals
    Tony Dorsett, RB Cowboys
    Irving Fryar, WR Eagles
    Jim McMahon QB Bears
    Everson Walls, DB Giants
    Jack Youngblood, LB Rams

thoey is offline Registered User

Re: Flipper, Ellard V Bruce, Holt

Well???? Who won????

I hate this time of year...

This space for rent...

jjsram is offline Registered User

Re: I agree with LA

Quote Originally Posted by txramsfan
    However, Torry Holt has the tools to become when it's all said and done, one of the great WR's in the history of the NFL. He's that good.
    I also think that Bruce and Holt are the best tandem receivers in Rams history, but for now my reasoning is more with Bruce than Holt. IMO, Holt is a very good receiver, not great, yet. If Holt would become one of the great WR's in the history of the NFL, he would have to have great games when they really count. He dropped a sure td in the SB vs. Titans and last year's game vs. Carolina was not one for the record books for him. He surely has the talent, but he needs to show it in the big games.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12