Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    mde8352gorams is offline Registered User

Re: The Flow Chart of Doom

It's always about the players who perform on the field. BUT you need the coaches to select the right players in the draft or Free Agency and who will get the most out of each player's talent.

When we had players like Jack Youngblood or Willie "Flipper" Anderson, these were players with enormous talent that coaches extracted the most from. They were never labeled at the top of their position in the NFL. They had great work ethics and the Rams were the beneficiaries.

So to stay on message, to be successful in the NFL you need all the levels from Owner to FO to GM to HC to player to work in sync. But the player will always be the bottom line.

Go Rams!

jquarando is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by AvengerRam View Post
    Don't hold back. Tell us how you really feel.

Hey, if you want to believe its all rainbows and sunshine but-for the injuries, go right ahead. Not everyone sees it that way, though. I find it hard to imagine that any fan would disagree that this franchise would benefit from a new owner and new front office. If that happens (it might in the next 2 years), you can bet that there will be a new coaching staff and new players as well.
    I wish someone on this board would hold back and not tell me how they felt day in and day out.

rollrams is offline Registered User

[/QUOTE][quote=AvengerRam;208656]
    HTML Code:
    I find it hard to imagine that any fan would disagree
    With you ?!?
    Last edited by rollrams; -01-18-2008 at 01:28 PM.

HUbison is offline Superbowl MVP

Quote Originally Posted by jquarando View Post
    I wish someone on this board would hold back and not tell me how they felt day in and day out.
    It's a fans' message board. Exactly, what else is there than fans' opinions, chief?
    "Before the gates of excellence the high gods have placed sweat; long is the road thereto and rough and steep at first; but when the heights are reached, then there is ease, though grievously hard in the winning." --- Hesiod

Totally agree and that's why I put my opinion on how i felt about the constantly negative views.

Totally agree and that's why I put my opinion on how i felt about the constantly negative views.
    So your opinion is worthy of airing, but opinions of others are not? It appears you don't agree.

As to the negativity.......you're not alone, nobody likes it. But when a team is 3-13, there's probably some aspects of note that aren't exactly positive. Positivity should be sought, but not at the expense of honesty.
    "Before the gates of excellence the high gods have placed sweat; long is the road thereto and rough and steep at first; but when the heights are reached, then there is ease, though grievously hard in the winning." --- Hesiod

PeoriaRam is offline Registered User

I wonder if you guys EVER get tired of writing this dribble. I am so freaking tired of coming to this site and reading all this crap. If there is any justice I cant wait till next year and this team goes to the playoffs under lineham. What will you guys say then? With any luck the O line will heal up and we will be back in the top 10 in offense like every year for the past 8 years. We finally have a coach that puts emphasis on the defensive improvement and has drafted top end talent and brought in a some very good FA talent. Im done with you downers and I am really sick of coming to this site and seeing that stupid post on the main page. If there is anything to get that down please do it! I dont know how you people can deal with all this negative attitude.
    Would this be a bad time to point out that Linny has only coached this team back from a deficit of greater than 7 points once?:x

Quote Originally Posted by HUbison View Post
    So your opinion is worthy of airing, but opinions of others are not? It appears you don't agree.

As to the negativity.......you're not alone, nobody likes it. But when a team is 3-13, there's probably some aspects of note that aren't exactly positive. Positivity should be sought, but not at the expense of honesty.

I said I wish they wouldnt. I didnt say they had to stop.
    Last edited by jquarando; -01-18-2008 at 03:52 PM.

Don't hold back. Tell us how you really feel.

Hey, if you want to believe its all rainbows and sunshine but-for the injuries, go right ahead. Not everyone sees it that way, though. I find it hard to imagine that any fan would disagree that this franchise would benefit from a new owner and new front office. If that happens (it might in the next 2 years), you can bet that there will be a new coaching staff and new players as well.
    Thanks for the negative rep. It really goes along with the negative attitude theme

As for saying "You made that clear. Now its time to move on" I think the same can be said for your crusade against linehan
    Last edited by jquarando; -01-18-2008 at 04:00 PM.

AvengerRam is offline Moderator Emeritus

As for saying "You made that clear. Now its time to move on" I think the same can be said for your crusade against linehan
    I will when he does.

I will when he does.
    Cool so I can keep telling people to look on the brighter side of things?

I said I wish they wouldnt. I didnt say they had to stop.
    The difference being the power to make it happen.

If it is a thread of a positive nature you seek, by all means, start one. In the opening post, dictate that ONLY positive posts are allowed. I'll even moderate it, and make sure only positive threads are allowed. But don't be disappointed when someone starts the negative yin to your positive yang.

You see.....there IS room for all different viewpoints.
    Quote Originally Posted by jquarando
    Cool so I can keep telling people to look on the brighter side of things?
    Whoever said you couldn't?
    Last edited by HUbison; -01-18-2008 at 04:15 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by HUbison View Post
    The difference being the power to make it happen.

If it is a thread of a positive nature you seek, by all means, start one. In the opening post, dictate that ONLY positive posts are allowed. I'll even moderate it, and make sure only positive threads are allowed. But don't be disappointed when someone starts the negative yin to your positive yang.

You see.....there IS room for all different viewpoints. Whoever said you couldn't?
    Hubison you could a hostage negotiator. I will definitly start a thread where only positive thoughts are allowed and will enjoy your help in keeping the negative nellys out of it. Thanks!

As for someone saying I couldnt it was AV who put in my negative rep that I need to move on which I thought implied I needed to shut up about people needing to stop being negative.

AvengerRam is offline Moderator Emeritus

Do what you want. I gave you negative because I thought it was unnecessary for you to repeat how much you wished that people would stop posting their opinions just because you disagree with them.

That said, you are incorrect in characterizing my posts as negative. There is a difference between constructive criticism and mere negativity.

For example, this thread is designed to show that the Rams' problems can be fixed if the process starts from the top. Because a change in ownership is likely to occur within the not-too-distant future, this may happen sooner rather than later.

None of this bodes well for 2008, though, as the team has gone from mere "status quo" to dreaded "limbo" status. That's not to say that with good health, a good FA signing (or 2) and a couple of productive rookies, that this team couldn't make the playoffs next year. They absolutely could.

However, if the Rams are ever going to have true sustained success, the whole flow chart must be addressed.
    Last edited by AvengerRam; -01-18-2008 at 04:28 PM.

Do what you want. I gave you negative because I thought it was unnecessary for you to repeat how much you wished that people would stop posting their opinions just because you disagree with them.

That said, you are incorrect in characterizing my posts as negative. There is a difference between constructive criticism and mere negativity.

For example, this thread is designed to show that the Rams' problems can be fixed if the process starts from the top. Because a change in ownership is likely to occur within the not-too-distant future, this may happen sooner rather than later.

None of this bodes well for 2008, though, as the team has gone from mere "status quo" to dreaded "limbo" status. That's not to say that with good health, a good FA signing (or 2) and a couple of productive rookies, that this team couldn't make the playoffs next year. They absolutely could.

However, if the Rams are ever going to have true sustained success, the whole flow chart must be addressed.
    Sorry the title flow chart of doom threw me off. There is nothing negative about doom. Also, I dont think I ever said I disagreed with them all I expressed was my opinion on the mood of forum lately.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

LinkBacks (?)

1. -01-17-2008, 08:14 PM