View Poll Results: I want the Rams 2012 HC to be...

Voters
48. You may not vote on this poll
  • Steve Spagnuolo

10 20.83%
  • a fiery young college coach.

2 4.17%
  • an innovative offensive coordinator.

6 12.50%
  • a tough talking defensive coordinator.

0 0%
  • a former HC looking to apply what he's learned.

30 62.50%
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Like Tree7Likes

Thread: Which of the of the following describes the HC you want in charge in 2012?

Ram Mar Ram is offline Registered User

Re: Which of the of the following describes the HC you want in charge in 2012?

Change the Coach ... i don't mind either way

Go with a guy with HC XP hands down if we change the guard..

BUT please do not change the offensive system again .. stick with it, we know it works in the league if we can get it right and get the right guys in.

3 years and 3 systems .... dumb move.

BarronWade is offline Registered User

i picked an innovative offensive coordinator!

Yes i sadly remember linehan but his problem was the draft and not finding OL help to protect the QB...We have talent offensively and huge investments on that side of the field so we need to get something out of that talent

All this time supporting spags and i cannot anymore...so disappointing every week thinking we will be better next week we have talent then seeing lose after lose just cant anymore

There is a reason they are a FORMER head coach...the ones we want are broadcasters and who said they want to coach the rams?

GROUND DOG 39 is offline Registered User

I hoping for someone who knows what he is doing on game day. For that reason, I went for the innovative offensive mind on the poll. A lot of these defensive coaches in the NFL, are a little too conservative for their own good.?
    The think its most likely the Rams will go the safer route, and get a former HC in. ?

mh-i is offline Registered User

All the folks out there that believe the Rams are one or two players away from competing for a ring should hope for a college coach being hired. He would be least likely to overhaul the roster. Any HC with experiance is going to want his own coaches and players. They know what they want. A Parcells type would gut this team.

macrammer is online now Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by fliptalianstallion View Post

Now back to the topic, I still support Spags 100% given the situation he's at. I can assure you no team would even consider a playoff run or at least a .500 season with what we have on the IR, we probably set the record for most injuries for starters in a season. [/I]
    No assurance from anyone on this board carries much weight. The facts are we are 2-9 headed for a top 5 pick with a headcoach that does not know if it is 4th and 1 or 4th and 2 in a crucial game situation. And, he still has your vote? I was ready for Sapgs to go long ago, seems tide has mostly trned now and those that want him to stay are certainly in the minority now. I give it a few more games and the folks on the fence will hop on over to the "Spags needs to go now" side.

lostsoul is offline Registered User

What category would guys like Mularkey or Capers fall into?

Ramendola16 is offline Registered User

I want a coach that leads to an undefeated season. That's all.

On a serious note, my vote goes to either keeping Spags or getting a former HC. In my perfect world, Gruden would be the coach next year.

sosa39rams is offline Registered User

Spags absolutely immediately needs to leave.
    punahou likes this.

RAMFANRAIDERHATER is offline Registered User

The problem I see is getting ANY well-known exNFL HC to go to St. Louis. Who would want that job with the history of futility in St. Louis? It's a career killer.
    Faithful Rams fan since 1968

Fettmaster is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by sosa39rams View Post
    Spags absolutely immediately needs to leave.

Indeed. But I'm split on keeping McD. We have all heard about the control freak nature that spags exhibits, and I'm sure he has more influence on the play calling than people think. I don't think we're seeing the full McD offense, but rather a twisted-conservative-play-not-to-lose spags/McD offense. Maybe we should try to keep McD.

DE_Ramfan is offline Registered User

I'd like to see an offensive genius. You can win in this league with a great offense and just enough defense. In fact I'd say that the more points your offense can put up greatly helps your defense by making teams become one dimensional to keep up. If Sam and co. can put up 30-40 pts a game I bet Long and Quinn would kill some quarterbacks without having to worry about the run.

ZiaRam is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by NJ Ramsfan1 View Post
    Most importantly, it must be a man who inspires immediate confidence in everyone from the fans to the front office people to the players. Other necessary criteria in no particular order:

1)Has a firm grasp of in-game situations and clock management. Can make proper adjustments when necessary.
    2)Is tough-minded and possesses a "losing is unacceptable" mentality. Has little tolerance for preventable injuries and implements a conditioning program that reflects as such.
    3)Can accurately assess talent (or lack thereof) more often than not.
    4)A disciplinarian. Bad teams commit too many penalties. We're a bad team.
    5)Has pro head coaching experience. We've been down both the assistant coach and coordinator routes without success. Completely uninterested in college coaches, unknowns or guys without experience.

A tall order for sure, but then we need to get it right once and for all.
    I think that you just Just described John Gruden to a tee

tomahawk247 is offline Registered User

I would like a former HC looking to apply what he's learned who will hire an innovative offensive coordinator and a tough talking defensive coordinator.

mh-i is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by DE_Ramfan View Post
    If Sam and co. can put up 30-40 pts a game I bet Long and Quinn would kill some quarterbacks without having to worry about the run.
    I don't think that's even possible based on what we've seen this year. We need to completely turnover the personel to become a 30-40 pts. per game offense. We can barely score 1 TD a game as it stands now. Bringing in McDaniel was putting the cart before the horse. You need talented players to pull off a decent offensive plan.

NJ Ramsfan1 is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by ZiaRam View Post
    I think that you just Just described John Gruden to a tee
    While I've said I like Jeff Fisher, I'd be MORE than happy if Gruden came here. I just can't see it happening.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast