View Poll Results: I want the Rams 2012 HC to be...

Voters
48. You may not vote on this poll
  • Steve Spagnuolo

10 20.83%
  • a fiery young college coach.

2 4.17%
  • an innovative offensive coordinator.

6 12.50%
  • a tough talking defensive coordinator.

0 0%
  • a former HC looking to apply what he's learned.

30 62.50%
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
Like Tree7Likes

Thread: Which of the of the following describes the HC you want in charge in 2012?

Richbert88 is offline Registered User

Re: Which of the of the following describes the HC you want in charge in 2012?

"a former HC looking to apply what he's learned."

remove the word 'former' and I think that could be a good description of Spag's.

We are the 20%!!
    Last edited by Richbert88; -11-29-2011 at 07:39 PM.
    Flippin' Ram likes this.

Semper Fi!

Fettmaster is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by Richbert88 View Post
    remove the word 'former' and I think that could be a good description of Spag's.
    Too bad he has never shown an inkling of improvement as a head coach, and continues to coach to not lose. Remember how he took a potential victory away from this team this past weekend? The Rams had one last chance to fight for a win and spags said "nope, too risky". I bet you the pansy does that at least two more times before the end of the season. You really want to give the second losingest and soon to be worst NFL head coach since the 1970 AFL-NFL merger MORE time? What logic is that?
    Last edited by Fettmaster; -11-29-2011 at 05:30 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Fettmaster View Post
    Too bad he has never shown an inkling of improvement as a head coach, and continues to coach to not lose. Remember how he took a potential victory away from this team this past weekend? The Rams had one last chance to fight for a win and spags said "nope, too risky". I bet you the pansy does that at least two more times before the end of the season. You really want to give the second losingest and soon to be worst NFL head coach since the 1970 AFL-NFL merger MORE time? What logic is that?
    Based on the criteria most are using, he HAS shown great improvement......between year one and year two, going from one win to seven wins. And if I am to use consistent logic, lack of talent was no excuse for that first year with one win. And he had an off season to prepare. No excuses. And Spag's finished with seven wins the next year.

You should know, I have some love for you Fett. Upon reflection, I don't think my logic is flawed. Maybe my opinion is flawed, but I think I am logically considering things pretty thoroughly and I truly think I am keeping a lot of my personal emotions about this teams suck out of it. That said, your opinion being different from mine won't affect what I think of your logic.

I like to think of a coach like Belichick. He wasn't particularly astute and successful in his early career. He is now though. I have high hopes. And I am not convinced that blowing this up is not just going to restart the cycle of failure this team is stuck in. Changes will be made, should be made, but I am not convinced that Spag's is the biggest issue.
    Semper Fi!

Fettmaster is offline Registered User

Well sorry for sounding snobby, I just feel so passionate about Spags being the main problem, that I literally can't fathom other people thinking differently. The 7-9 season was fun, but the way I see it is we had a losing record playing in the worst division in the history of the NFL. To me, it really doesn't justify keeping Steve. That's just the way I sees it.

Well.......I feel the pain. We'll see what comes and again hope for the best.
    Semper Fi!

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123