Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    ramsplaya16 is offline Registered User
    Quote Originally Posted by Varg6 View Post
    I'm fine with him being the #3 receiver, but lets put it this way...I'd rather have Curtis in that position. Simply because of the chemistry Bulger and Curtis have had this season and also for the past seasons. But, me personally, I'd rather have Looker of McDonald...Hmmmm
    Hahahaha, I would rather have a pee-wee reciever than mcdonald, he would fumble less, ahahaha

Quote Originally Posted by sbramfan View Post
    McDonald can defiinitely go.

Would prefer to keep Curtis and Looker, but we need a big receiver. If we had got a Vernon Davis type tight end, then we wouldn't need this at WR, but we don't have this at TE either. (Hopeful on Byrd). We already have two average sized receivers in Holt/Bruce. We just can't afford to go small at any position on this team. Need to get bigger.
    Did u just say we don't have a big TE? Isn't klop like 6'7?

P.s. Sorry for doin back to back posts nick, but I'm on my phone and it can't load the link, sorry
    Last edited by Nick; -01-10-2007 at 09:40 PM.

Built RAM tough

RealRam is offline Registered User

Re: Food for Thought: Is Dane Looker Scott Linehan's secret weapon for 2007?

The Rams need consistency and stability, and Curtis knows the team and I believe he would be a fine starting WR if one of starters goes down with an injury. -- Coy Bacon
    Totally agree. In terms of depth, Curtis first, due to his speed and playmaking abilities then Looker from the bench (or even in reverse ocassionally). I really think we need both of these experienced, fine pairs of hands.

This coming season, Curtis at 30 yrs old and Looker at 32, are perfect for their roll. Just need to replace McDonald.

Then we'll be able to better visualize who the secret weapon might be. :r

sprtsmac is offline Registered User

I believe Curtis was born in '78 so he will be 29 going into the 2007 season.
    Sprtsmac :football:

rams_fan81 is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by ramsplaya16 View Post
    Did u just say we don't have a big TE? Isn't klop like 6'7?

P.s. Sorry for doin back to back posts nick, but I'm on my phone and it can't load the link, sorry
    No He meant that if we had a big receiver or a tight end that can play like a wide receiver I.E. Kellen Winslow Jr. Ben Watson or Jeremy Shockey.

ramsplaya16 is offline Registered User

Ohh okay, cuz klop is pretty tall
    Built RAM tough

RealRam is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by Sprtsmac View Post
    I believe Curtis was born in '78 so he will be 29 going into the 2007 season.
    You're correct, Mac. I was using the PC calculator instead of my fingers to substract! Either that or it was a Freudian / football slip.

Making KC a year older than he is doesn't help his stock market value (my mistake, Kevin, sorry). But he's still on the speedy end of good WRs.

Dane Looker on the other hand will be 32 -- just the right length of tooth for a reliable veteran backup.

tomahawk247 is offline Registered User

When i said Curtis is actually quite old, i meant in relation to how long he has been in the league. I believe he took a year out from college to go travelling around the world with his church or something, so he is older then people think. Not old, but old enough that giving him a decent pay check to stay around might not be in our best interests. Looker is signed already for a while, and Holt and Bruce are getting older. We need youth at WR.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12