EmDiggy is offline Registered User

Football Gameplan's 2010 Week 1 Preview Video - Rams vs Cardinals

Rams vs Cardinals Preview Video

Good Morning Clan Ram!! Good Luck this week and on the upcoming season!

rammiser is offline Registered User

Re: Football Gameplan's 2010 Week 1 Preview Video - Rams vs Cardinals

Sometimes i wish people who want to talk about the strengths and weaknesses of our team would actually do their research. The last few years in my opinion the Rams o-line struggles have been the interior not the tackles. Not only that but missing blitz pickups for whatever reason. Our tackle play has been good and Saffold looks like the real deal. Smith seems to have settled down after his week one debacle. I'm never very confident in my team thats just me but the Rams are going to win this game hands down. I dont think the Cards can stop Jackson and Bradford will be effective enough to keep drives alive. The Cards just are not the same team without Warner.

Rams 23
    Cards 17
    Just Fix It

KoaKoi is offline Registered User

surprised you're predicting a sloppy game given the Rams very low penalty ratio for the preseason this year. i thought they showed excellent discipline and don't expect a penalty happy game for their opener.

always like to see your opinions though. thanks for sharing.

C-Mob 71 is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by rammiser View Post
    Sometimes i wish people who want to talk about the strengths and weaknesses of our team would actually do their research. The last few years in my opinion the Rams o-line struggles have been the interior not the tackles. Not only that but missing blitz pickups for whatever reason. Our tackle play has been good and Saffold looks like the real deal. Smith seems to have settled down after his week one debacle. I'm never very confident in my team thats just me but the Rams are going to win this game hands down. I dont think the Cards can stop Jackson and Bradford will be effective enough to keep drives alive. The Cards just are not the same team without Warner.

Rams 23
    Cards 17

I don't think you can criticize him for questioning the play of our young tackles, we are very inexperienced there. Inexperience does not mean they won't play well, it is just that we don't know what we have there yet. Also IIRC Bill Poilian said that our interior offensive line was one of the best in football.

That being said I think the Rams are going to really surprise some people come Sunday.

Rams 23
    Cards 17
    Thanks for the Feedback!! I agree they aren't the same without Warner...but I just look at the inexperience in the Tackles..not the talent, so its yet to be seen.. And in order to have a solid running game, you HAVE to have good interior line play.

Quote Originally Posted by KoaKoi View Post
    surprised you're predicting a sloppy game given the Rams very low penalty ratio for the preseason this year. i thought they showed excellent discipline and don't expect a penalty happy game for their opener.

always like to see your opinions though. thanks for sharing.
    Thanks for the feedback chief! I'm talking about the fact that this will be the first time that both teams will play a FULL game, so you can expect a sloppy game

Quote Originally Posted by C-Mob 71 View Post
    I don't think you can criticize him for questioning the play of our young tackles, we are very inexperienced there. Inexperience does not mean they won't play well, it is just that we don't know what we have there yet. Also IIRC Bill Poilian said that our interior offensive line was one of the best in football.

That being said I think the Rams are going to really surprise some people come Sunday.
    Thanks C-Mob for the Feedback! I do agree about the Rams surprising people.. the Defense will be very good

The Optimistic Lamb is offline Registered User

I agree with this video. Our tackles have been a problem the last couple seasons...thats why we drafted Saffold and cut Barron. And I also agree that a WR needs to step up to take some presure off Jackson. If these 2 conditions are met, we will probably win this game.

ardavandavari is offline Registered User

did he say burton is our number one option? Didnt he get cut lol

cfh128 is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by ardavandavari View Post
    did he say burton is our number one option? Didnt he get cut lol
    I'd imagine that this video was made before he was cut... but before then I suppose Burton was as good a guess as anybody. Who IS our #1 receiver? On paper you would think Robinson, but did he do anything in preseason whatsoever? I really am not sure who is going to emerge as our go to receiver.

bruce4life is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by EmDiggy View Post
    Thanks for the Feedback!! I agree they aren't the same without Warner...but I just look at the inexperience in the Tackles..not the talent, so its yet to be seen.. And in order to have a solid running game, you HAVE to have good interior line play.

Thanks for the feedback chief! I'm talking about the fact that this will be the first time that both teams will play a FULL game, so you can expect a sloppy game

Thanks C-Mob for the Feedback! I do agree about the Rams surprising people.. the Defense will be very good
    Where did you get this video? DID you make it or produce it
    ?

Quote Originally Posted by bruce4life View Post
    Where did you get this video? DID you make it or produce it
    ?
    All of the above! LOL!! Everything you see...I do it myself.. I'm a one man band chief.. All of the analysis, filming, editing, producing, posting in the forums..etc.. It can get hectic..seeing that I cover ALL of the leagues!

*needs beer*

rammiser is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by The Optimistic Lamb View Post
    I agree with this video. Our tackles have been a problem the last couple seasons...thats why we drafted Saffold and cut Barron. And I also agree that a WR needs to step up to take some presure off Jackson. If these 2 conditions are met, we will probably win this game.
    Our tackles were not a problem with protection. If you've watched any Rams games the last three year the preesure is always up the gut and blitzers running free. So unless the tackles were supposed to move inside and pick those blitzers up i find it hard to say they have been a problem. The problem with Barron was his penalties not his protection. I also think this may be the best o-line we have had in some time. We better hope none of the starters get hurt though because I dont like our depth on the o-line as far as talent goes.
    Just Fix It

molar_pistol is offline Registered User

Rams 23
    Cards 17
    well, as of last year i'm going to have to disagree. bell is solid and brown is a very good center, cogs always had problems with pass blocking but he's obviously gone so we'll see where that goes. the tackles have struggled for a few years, ever since op started to get old and often injured, and remember that up until last year barron played on the right side where he really struggled against power rushes.