Like Tree2Likes
  • 1 Post By swatter555
  • 1 Post By rammiser

Thread: Football Gameplan's 2012 Wk 2 Rams vs Redskins Video Preview

EmDiggy is offline Registered User

Football Gameplan's 2012 Wk 2 Rams vs Redskins Video Preview

Good morning Rams fans! Good luck this week!

Em

swatter555 is offline Registered User

Re: Football Gameplan's 2012 Wk 2 Rams vs Redskins Video Preview

Good analysis, but I can see RGIII coming back to Earth on Sunday. I think the Rams defense will probably bend, but they won't break and they will make some big plays.

If the offense can hold it together and put together a few really good drives, I like the Rams chances. The Rams can't cry in their beer about the offensive line, they need to find something that works- no excuses.
    EmDiggy likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by swatter555 View Post
    Good analysis, but I can see RGIII coming back to Earth on Sunday. I think the Rams defense will probably bend, but they won't break and they will make some big plays.

If the offense can hold it together and put together a few really good drives, I like the Rams chances. The Rams can't cry in their beer about the offensive line, they need to find something that works- no excuses.
    Thanks Chief! That's the biggest thing.. I have full confidence in the Rams defense vs anybody.. The offense MUST sustain drives in order to have a chance

rammiser is offline Registered User

I don't normally like to do this but the Rams will win this week. The Rams now have the advantage of seeing what the Redskins do. The Rams were able to slow the lions and Megatron down and I dont see anyone on the Skins wr core that can scare a defense like him. Not to mention the Skins front is not as strong as the Lions either. Jackson will have success and I do agree about the spread offense being run by the Rams as well. The Rams will not start 0-2 this year it will not happen!
    LA Rammer likes this.
    Just Fix It

Blind optimism has gotten Rams fans nowhere for years. I personally think the Rams got to Stafford a little, which kept the game within reach. On a good day, Stafford and Megatron probably would have destroyed us. I think the defense was good enough last year (before the catastrophic injuries at CB) to win games. Once again, this year it is about the offense. We can talk about how good Sam is, but talk is worth nothing. I want to see production, not excuses.

I am not a Bradford detractor, I simply want to see the offense move the ball and if they fail to, I don't want to here any excuses. Fisher would probably agree with me more than people who make excuses for Bradford all day. Its not all up to Sam, but he is the key cog. He can do better regardless, I just want to see it.

Azul e Oro is offline Registered User

Lookin' good, Em. Lost some weight literally & streamlined your analysis as well.

Couldn't agree more about the need for The Rams to diversify their run game to widen that 3/4 D. I think The Rams ran effectively in pre vs the 3/4 even with a shuffling O-line.I'd like to see more swing & screen passes,draws to the quicker rook RBs to help. Big test for Hunter @ LT but he wasn't a disaster vs DET.

Until they click, it's just a theory, but Sam & speedster WR Givens had two chances to slice open the Lions' defense last week & I think WASH's DBs are even more vulnerable to speed .

Still, as much fun as it is to look at this game as Sam vs RGIII, I think it will come down to old-fashioned who runs better/stops the run.

You gotta be kidding about STs, though. Wash had two fumbled returns they were fortunate to recover,gave up a blocked punt for a TD, & had another operationally-botched punt .

LA Rammer is offline Registered User

i think only concern will come down to our O-line which Fisher should put a nice band aid on. I'm not saying Bradford won't get hit but Suh and co. didn't destroy sammy. RG3 will have be on check our LB are athletic too, if he does take off. respect your analysis i just hope diggy wrong in the outcome!
    LA RAMMER

It's Jim not Chris
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9HNgqQVHI_8

Blind optimism has gotten Rams fans nowhere for years. I personally think the Rams got to Stafford a little, which kept the game within reach. On a good day, Stafford and Megatron probably would have destroyed us. I think the defense was good enough last year (before the catastrophic injuries at CB) to win games. Once again, this year it is about the offense. We can talk about how good Sam is, but talk is worth nothing. I want to see production, not excuses.

I am not a Bradford detractor, I simply want to see the offense move the ball and if they fail to, I don't want to here any excuses. Fisher would probably agree with me more than people who make excuses for Bradford all day. Its not all up to Sam, but he is the key cog. He can do better regardless, I just want to see it.
    So if Fisher agrees with you it mean he dis-agrees with Kurt Warner. Kurt was sure making a lot of excuses as you call them for Bradford in the interview posted in another forum here. Funny Warner played in the NFL at the highest level and seems to think Bradford needs talent around him. I'm sure Fisher would side with you over Kurt though.
    Just Fix It

I am not saying it is Bradford's fault if the offense doesn't perform, but he is a major factor in that equation. I am just sick of the excuses. Instead of making an excuse for every damn thing, we should expect more. There are no perfect teams in the NFL and teams can still compete with a banged up o-line- QBs can still perform with a banged up o-line. You know Fisher expects more, and so should we. Not to mention, our offense was very stagnant in the first half last week, with the line intact.

Becoming an elite QB is not going to be handed to Bradford on a silver platter, he is going to have to earn it in good situations as well as less than ideal ones. Yes, he needs more playmakers, that is beyond obvious. Yet, there is no excuse for total ineffectiveness. Bradford had a good 4th quarter when the pressure was on, but we have to sustain drives all game, not just in the 4th quarter. I'm a big Bradford fan and was a strong supporter of drafting him when most of you were saying we should draft Colt McCoy in the second round. Yet, the rubber needs to hit the road at some point and Bradford needs to perform in tough situations- that is what seperates and average QB from a good QB.

I am not saying it is Bradford's fault if the offense doesn't perform, but he is a major factor in that equation. I am just sick of the excuses. Instead of making an excuse for every damn thing, we should expect more. There are no perfect teams in the NFL and teams can still compete with a banged up o-line- QBs can still perform with a banged up o-line. You know Fisher expects more, and so should we. Not to mention, our offense was very stagnant in the first half last week, with the line intact.

Becoming an elite QB is not going to be handed to Bradford on a silver platter, he is going to have to earn it in good situations as well as less than ideal ones. Yes, he needs more playmakers, that is beyond obvious. Yet, there is no excuse for total ineffectiveness. Bradford had a good 4th quarter when the pressure was on, but we have to sustain drives all game, not just in the 4th quarter. I'm a big Bradford fan and was a strong supporter of drafting him when most of you were saying we should draft Colt McCoy in the second round. Yet, the rubber needs to hit the road at some point and Bradford needs to perform in tough situations- that is what seperates and average QB from a good QB.
    So how long do you give a guy who is now on his third offense in as many years? How long do you give a guy that plays behind a line that never stays healthy or intact? How long do you give a guy that has average wr's around him? How many systems did Peyton Manning learn in his first 3 years? How many systems did Brady learn his first 3 years? I'm with you that eventually the rubber has to meet the road but when should that be expected considering his circumstances? Seems to me Jeff Fisher and Steve Young and Kurt Warner think with a little time and more talent around him he will be an elite qb. I'll trust in Fisher to figure out how long Bradford needs not the fan base.
    Just Fix It

Quote Originally Posted by Azul e Oro View Post
    Lookin' good, Em. Lost some weight literally & streamlined your analysis as well.

Couldn't agree more about the need for The Rams to diversify their run game to widen that 3/4 D. I think The Rams ran effectively in pre vs the 3/4 even with a shuffling O-line.I'd like to see more swing & screen passes,draws to the quicker rook RBs to help. Big test for Hunter @ LT but he wasn't a disaster vs DET.

Until they click, it's just a theory, but Sam & speedster WR Givens had two chances to slice open the Lions' defense last week & I think WASH's DBs are even more vulnerable to speed .

Still, as much fun as it is to look at this game as Sam vs RGIII, I think it will come down to old-fashioned who runs better/stops the run.

You gotta be kidding about STs, though. Wash had two fumbled returns they were fortunate to recover,gave up a blocked punt for a TD, & had another operationally-botched punt .

Thanks Azul! Yep.. switched up my diet..I still weigh 225, but more leaner. Running vs a 3-4 can be done by using spread formations or adding an extra TE and going Ace..depends on the team's personnel. How's your #2 TE look? is the question that one would ask coming into a game vs a team with a 3-4 defense

Azul e Oro is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by EmDiggy View Post
    Thanks Azul! Yep.. switched up my diet..I still weigh 225, but more leaner. Running vs a 3-4 can be done by using spread formations or adding an extra TE and going Ace..depends on the team's personnel. How's your #2 TE look? is the question that one would ask coming into a game vs a team with a 3-4 defense
    That is indeed a good question. Unfortunately, I'm not sure if The Rams have a TE. 2nd year guy Kendricks looked good in pre again but largely disappeared vs DET as a pass threat & didn't seem to do much as a blocker,either.The other three TEs are a nondescript bunch.Schotty apparently likes going jumbo with a 3rd OT so that's an option as well but you, of course, lose the flex/disguise that a dual threat TE gives you. Not to mention that the hack zebs don't seem to know the rules about an unbalanced line.

Quote Originally Posted by rammiser View Post
    So how long do you give a guy who is now on his third offense in as many years? How long do you give a guy that plays behind a line that never stays healthy or intact? How long do you give a guy that has average wr's around him? How many systems did Peyton Manning learn in his first 3 years? How many systems did Brady learn his first 3 years? I'm with you that eventually the rubber has to meet the road but when should that be expected considering his circumstances? Seems to me Jeff Fisher and Steve Young and Kurt Warner think with a little time and more talent around him he will be an elite qb. I'll trust in Fisher to figure out how long Bradford needs not the fan base.
    We are obviously debating as fans, of course Fisher is going to be the "decider."

IMO, Bradford needs to show growth this year. He is showing some bad habits he is going to have to minimize. He is going to have to seize the reins and elevate those around him. I think its a little bit of a cop-out to expect results from Bradford only after the pieces are assembled that would make any QB look good. I wan't to see the seedling of an elite QB now.

I think what scares people is that the seedling just hasn't sprouted yet. We haven't really seen flashes of greatness. I trust what all the experts say about Bradford, but that doesn't mean I am going to turn my brain off and accept everything they say on faith.

Bar-bq is online now Pro Bowl Ram

Em these videos have gotten so much better since you started! Good job!