Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree2Likes

Thread: Football Gameplan's 2012 Wk 4 Rams vs Seahawks Video Preview

EmDiggy is offline Registered User

Football Gameplan's 2012 Wk 4 Rams vs Seahawks Video Preview

Good morning Rams fans! Good luck this week!

Em

Rambos is offline Registered User

Re: Football Gameplan's 2012 Wk 4 Rams vs Seahawks Video Preview

Can't believe you do not think Bradford is a better QB. Really can you explain that one too me? ST is more then just the return guy... But really you have the QB'a as equal?

Quote Originally Posted by Rambos View Post
    Can't believe you do not think Bradford is a better QB. Really can you explain that one too me? ST is more then just the return guy... But really you have the QB'a as equal?
    Skill set-wise, I think both the Hawks & Rams are talented at their QB position. You can't look at stats, just look at skill set. Also, what is going unnoticed about Russell Wilson's game is how he isn't afraid of the moment or feels the pressure of the situation. That's HUGE for a rookie

Rambos is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by EmDiggy View Post
    Skill set-wise, I think both the Hawks & Rams are talented at their QB position. You can't look at stats, just look at skill set. Also, what is going unnoticed about Russell Wilson's game is how he isn't afraid of the moment or feels the pressure of the situation. That's HUGE for a rookie
    Fair enough, all things being equal. I would have to give Bradford the check mark due to experience. He is in year three and Russell is in game four. As you pointed out he is a rookie. Russell has huge upside but at the moment he is playing not to lose the game and why not with that defense.
    Last edited by Rambos; -09-26-2012 at 01:40 PM.

rammiser is offline Registered User

Once again just like in Week two you are wrong the Rams will win this game. Bradford is the better qb and the Rams will have success running against the Seahawks. This game is in St Louis not Seattle and hopefully the refs dont gift them another hail mary.
    Just Fix It

macrammer is offline Registered User

interesting choice of words:

"Russell Wilson's game is how he isn't afraid of the moment or feels the pressure of the situation. "

What does this imply about Sams' play?

Quote Originally Posted by rammiser View Post
    Once again just like in Week two you are wrong the Rams will win this game. Bradford is the better qb and the Rams will have success running against the Seahawks. This game is in St Louis not Seattle and hopefully the refs dont gift them another hail mary.
    I don't know if they'll have success running vs that front of the Hawks. The Rams best bet would be to use the pass to set up the run..or throw on running downs and run on passing downs during parts of the game just to mix it up a bit

Quote Originally Posted by macrammer View Post
    interesting choice of words:

"Russell Wilson's game is how he isn't afraid of the moment or feels the pressure of the situation. "

What does this imply about Sams' play?
    It is no slight at Bradford..I've been on record saying I'm a Sam Bradford fan..OL has to give him a chance back there. You saw against Washington what he can do with time in the pocket (sans the quick passes to Amendola)

macrammer is offline Registered User

Em,

thanks.....we will see after sunday. Hawks are tough but I expect the Rams to have designed a good game plan. OL is key though so always dicey in that regard.

Azul e Oro is online now Registered User

Not sure what skills you are referring to here.Size ? accuracy? Ability to read defenses? Wilson is a nice story but he's quickly being unmasked as DCs get more tape on him. He has enjoyed good support from his teammates, especially Lynch and Tate, a fierce defense & a raucous home crowd, and a couple of defense-induced poor performances from opposing QBs.
    Comments like the above about his lack of fear and resistance to pressure are projections & don't really have much fact to back them up,imo; he failed to seal the deal vs AZ & was generally ineffective vs GB, the zebs incompetence at the end notwithstanding. Maybe you don't want to use stats here because they undermine your point but take away the absurd ruling on the hail mary & he was,iirc, 9 for 21, 104 yds,1TD, 1 INT & that's some horrible skillsetting especially with that huge homefield advantage, & Rice, Edwards,Tate,Miller, and Lynch in support.

We heard this same mancrushing drivel about RGme-me-me & look how that turned out. Given similar support, Bradford will wipe the FieldTurf with him. It's entirely possible that The Rams OL will be overwhelmed by the Hags DL but that's not at all the same thing as Wilson having a better skillset, is it ?

And I think you're wrong about how to defend him; keep the runt in the pocket, make him throw blindly off quick reads, & with a rookie's naive self-confidence, over his line, and let The Rams defenders feast.

Agreed on the need to run weakside & outside in general. I think GB really lacked zip on the outside with Benson.Those DBs ARE big but slower in support as well.

Another unknown is the impact of Brockers returning for his debut. The Rams have actually played the run better than I expected in his absence (and just about every other DT we expected to make the team ), thanks to some creative formations and support from the LBs and safeties but if Brockers can be effective in the middle & Quinn can hold contain on the right side, I think they'll do better vs Lynch.

r8rh8rmike is offline Superbowl MVP

Also, what is going unnoticed about Russell Wilson's game is how he isn't afraid of the moment or feels the pressure of the situation. That's HUGE for a rookie
    Really? Didn't Wilson get confused and call the wrong play on the Hail Mary, causing some teammates to run the play he called, while others ran the play he was supposed to call?? He looked shaky to me on that last series when the game was on the line. Luckily for him, the worst call in NFL history bailed him out.

sosa39rams is offline Registered User

Why are you guys straight shredding Em? Who cares. He has an opinion too. He thinks Russell Wilson is just as good if not better right now. That may almost be true with the current offensive line and weapons that Bradford is playing with. Give Sam a decent healthy offensive line, and 1 more weapon, and he can work his magic. I don't think Wilson is better, but I do like him. Very smart, mobile, accurate, good decision maker. He just needs somebody to step up in the WR corps, and experience.

THE DREAM TEAM

Quote Originally Posted by sosa39rams View Post
    Why are you guys straight shredding Em? Who cares. He has an opinion too. He thinks Russell Wilson is just as good if not better right now. That may almost be true with the current offensive line and weapons that Bradford is playing with. Give Sam a decent healthy offensive line, and 1 more weapon, and he can work his magic. I don't think Wilson is better, but I do like him. Very smart, mobile, accurate, good decision maker. He just needs somebody to step up in the WR corps, and experience.
    It's game week vs The Seahags. Nobody, not even a respected friend of the Clan like Em, comes here & tells us that a HAG rookie QB with one genuine winning performance under his belt at home has an equal skill set to Bradford. What's wrong with you ? It was a weak observation & deserved to be shredded.
    Rambos and gap like this.

r8rh8rmike is offline Superbowl MVP

Why are you guys straight shredding Em? Who cares. He has an opinion too. He thinks Russell Wilson is just as good if not better right now.
    I'm not shredding him, just disagreeing with his opinion. He's a big boy, I'm sure he can handle it.

sosa39rams is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by Azul e Oro View Post
    It's game week vs The Seahags. Nobody, not even a respected friend of the Clan like Em, comes here & tells us that a HAG rookie QB with one genuine winning performance under his belt at home has an equal skill set to Bradford. What's wrong with you ? It was a weak observation & deserved to be shredded.
    Lol nothings wrong with me. I mean dont get me wrong, I thought his opinion was weak too with really no substance to prove that Wilson has any chance of being better than Bradford right now, but I gave him the benefit of the doubt.

THE DREAM TEAM

Lol nothings wrong with me. I mean dont get me wrong, I thought his opinion was weak too with really no substance to prove that Wilson has any chance of being better than Bradford right now, but I gave him the benefit of the doubt.
    And I meant no disrespect to Em; he's always got something astute to say about these games.

But it's time to get in touch with our inner Finnegan & take no unmerited criticism or unflattering comparisons to our QB lying down. After the performances vs DET & WASH it's clear to me that Bradford is now waiting for this team to catch up to him. It's just a question of when & can they keep him healthy until it happens. Not sayin' Wilson is a stiff or has no potential but he is even more of a rookie than RGme-me-me in terms of an overall command of the QB position & nowhere near Bradford.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast