throwback week

Like Tree3Likes
  • 1 Post By Truth
  • 1 Post By mh-i
  • 1 Post By Fortuninerhater

Thread: Football games aren’t won on Sundays..they’re won on draft day

Rambos is offline Registered User

Football games aren’t won on Sundays..they’re won on draft day

Kroenke described his desire to build the Rams organization that emulated the success of the New England Patriots. He cited the book War Room and building through the draft.

Football games aren’t won on Sundays in the fall. They’re won on draft day in the spring— in the war room.
    The Rams have been beyond bad with the draft. But with the new regime and the need to add talent and develop it. With a rock star, experienced coaching staff. Could the best move for the future of this franchise be to moving way back in this years draft?

Hear me out...

The last two regimes could not draft talent or coach them once they got here. With Fisher that all will change. I don't think Fisher is going to be a three year bust as our coach. Fisher always took a sub par roster and coach the hell out of them to a .500 record.

The trade I propose, I would not consider with the Rams front office of old and coaches that have wasted so many high draft picks it makes my stomach turn.

Now that we have some stability and trust in the coaches we are bring in. Would it not make sense to load up on as many high draft picks as possible. Lets be real we still have many holes and lack of playmakers on this team to complete in a year.

So with that being said here is the proposed trade with the Browns. We trade our 2nd overall pick to the Browns for their 22nd, 2nd Rd and 3rd Rd picks in 2012 and in 2013 we get their 1st Rd and 2nd Rd picks.

The Browns could draft RG3 and Blackmon two playmakers.

Considering the cost of the Julio Jones trade moving from No. 27 to No. 6 was sending that No. 27 pick, along with second- and fourth-round choices and first and fourth-round picks in 2012. That move was to get one playmaker. This trade is too secure two playmakers.

Rams
    2012 draft picks
    1) 1st Rd
    2) 2nd Rd
    2) 3rd Rd

2) 1st Rd
    2) 2nd Rd
    1) 3rd Rd

THOLTFAN81 is offline Registered User

Re: Football games aren’t won on Sundays..they’re won on draft day

Quote Originally Posted by Rambos View Post
    Kroenke described his desire to build the Rams organization that emulated the success of the New England Patriots. He cited the book War Room and building through the draft.

The Rams have been beyond bad with the draft. But with the new regime and the need to add talent and develop it. With a rock star, experienced coaching staff. Could the best move for the future of this franchise be to moving way back in this years draft?

Hear me out...

The last two regimes could not draft talent or coach them once they got here. With Fisher that all will change. I don't think Fisher is going to be a three year bust as our coach. Fisher always took a sub par roster and coach the hell out of them to a .500 record.

The trade I propose, I would not consider with the Rams front office of old and coaches that have wasted so many high draft picks it makes my stomach turn.

Now that we have some stability and trust in the coaches we are bring in. Would it not make sense to load up on as many high draft picks as possible. Lets be real we still have many holes and lack of playmakers on this team to complete in a year.

So with that being said here is the proposed trade with the Browns. We trade our 2nd overall pick to the Browns for their 22nd, 2nd Rd and 3rd Rd picks in 2012 and in 2013 we get their 1st Rd and 2nd Rd picks.

The Browns could draft RG3 and Blackmon two playmakers.

Considering the cost of the Julio Jones trade moving from No. 27 to No. 6 was sending that No. 27 pick, along with second- and fourth-round choices and first and fourth-round picks in 2012. That move was to get one playmaker. This trade is too secure two playmakers.

Rams
    2012 draft picks
    1) 1st Rd
    2) 2nd Rd
    2) 3rd Rd

2) 1st Rd
    2) 2nd Rd
    1) 3rd Rd
    Only problem is our roster isn't the New England Patriots, and we need talent now. We have an opportunity to get a blue chip player, and we cannot drop out of the top 10. Good thought though. I do think we should trade down, but we can still get two ones not trading outside of the top 10.

Quote Originally Posted by THOLTFAN81 View Post
    Only problem is our roster isn't the New England Patriots, and we need talent now. We have an opportunity to get a blue chip player, and we cannot drop out of the top 10. Good thought though. I do think we should trade down, but we can still get two ones not trading outside of the top 10.
    Its a fact we do not have the Patriots roster that is the problem. We need talent now? Don't tell me you think the world is ending in 2012 THOLTFAN81 it not... LOL

It's Clear Kroenke wants to build something special and it doesn't happen over night... and it won't happen with one player. This team needs several players if you want to build a super bowl contender.

Truth is offline Registered User

I agree with trading with Cleveland. However, If they want RGIII, and they do, it would take BOTH their 1st round picks, and their 2nd and/or 3rd.
    THOLTFAN81 likes this.
    That's my story, and I'm sticking to it!!

sosa39rams is online now Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by Rambos View Post
    Its a fact we do not have the Patriots roster that is the problem. We need talent now? Don't tell me you think the world is ending in 2012 THOLTFAN81 it not... LOL

It's Clear Kroenke wants to build something special and it doesn't happen over night... and it won't happen with one player. This team needs several players if you want to build a super bowl contender.
    Exactly. People are so scared. They want to fix everything in 1 year. Its most likely not going to happen, we must be patient and do whats best for the next 5 years. You think the Browns regret trading back last year? Nope. They picked up 2 great players on their defensive line (Jabaal Sheard, Phil Taylor) and now have a nice duo there.

If we trade back, I'd prefer we dont drop that far, but its not the end of the world.

Quote Originally Posted by Truth View Post
    I agree with trading with Cleveland. However, If they want RGIII, and they do, it would take BOTH their 1st round picks, and their 2nd and/or 3rd.
    I'm asking for their 22nd and 2nd and 3rd pick this year and their First Rd and Second Rd next year...
    In this scenario they get their needs this year at 2 and 4 and we get our needs over the next two drafts.

I'm not sure of the value, but the possibility to have 3 first round picks. four 2nd round picks and three 3rd round picks over the next two drafts would be awesome IMO.

tomahawk247 is offline Registered User

I wanna milk that 2nd pick for as much as possible. Now that the rookie wage scale is in place there won't be as much issue with teams moving into the top 5. I'd like those teams that have need for a QB to start bidding against each other

At least we know Jeff Fisher has experience in that! :P

mh-i is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by Truth View Post
    I agree. The Browns first round pick next year may not be that high.
    Truth likes this.

sosa39rams is online now Registered User

Our pick is approximately worth 2,600 points. What you have the Browns giving up this year (22nd, 2nd, 3rd) equates to 1,300 points. We cant calculate next years value because we dont know where their drafting but it seems like a reasonable deal for both teams.

Quote Originally Posted by sosa39rams View Post
    Exactly. People are so scared. They want to fix everything in 1 year. Its most likely not going to happen, we must be patient and do whats best for the next 5 years. You think the Browns regret trading back last year? Nope. They picked up 2 great players on their defensive line (Jabaal Sheard, Phil Taylor) and now have a nice duo there.

If we trade back, I'd prefer we dont drop that far, but its not the end of the world.
    I think the Brown are happy, but I also think the Falcons may not be..

D. It turns out New England coach Bill Belichick advised Atlanta general manager Thomas Dimitroff against trading up to get receiver Julio Jones in the April draft.
    Considering that The Falcons lost in the first round in the playoffs and scored 2 points on a safety. I would think it's not looking good. They made that trade thinking they could win the Super Bowl this year or make a deep run at it.

Falcons, who had posted a 13-3 record the previous season, had addressed two big needs by trading up to take Julio Jones in the NFL draft and then signing free agent DE Ray Edwards to a long-term deal. Atlanta, thought to be only a couple of pieces away from a championship
    We are years away from know how this will effect them.... but scoring just two point after spending all those picks, I gotta wonder.

The Brown trade would give them two top 5 picks in the same draft, not sure I have ever seen that.

BlueTalon is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by sosa39rams View Post
    Our pick is approximately worth 2,600 points. What you have the Browns giving up this year (22nd, 2nd, 3rd) equates to 1,300 points. We cant calculate next years value because we dont know where their drafting but it seems like a reasonable deal for both teams.
    That draft chart is obsolete now.

Fortuninerhater is online now Registered User

Like Truth said, any trade with the Browns starts with the 4th pick in the draft, and goes on to include the 22nd pick, among other considerations.

The Rams need the top tier talent RIGHT NOW, and dropping out of the top ten would make no sense at this point, particularly all the way down to 22.
    THOLTFAN81 likes this.