Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Azul e Oro is online now Registered User

The Forgotten vs The Falcons

While it's obviously a lightningrod for concerns about the 2009 Rams, the Bulger issue is only one of a number of concerns I have as we move forward.Funny how none of them have even been mentioned this week.

Just a few of the forgotten names that I will be looking at in the next game.

James Butler & Atogwe.

Always hard to judge safety play on tv,imo. You just don't see them that often unless they are in run support or a DB messes the nest and they have to clean it up.But I'll be watching for them specifically. I hope others will,too, so we have more than one horse to beat on next week. Factual beatings, not ***** slapping assumptions and hysterical hair-pulling.

Big investment in both guys & The Rams need to see quick returns,imo, for success vs The Hags in game one.

Incognito
    You never know when the volcano gonna blow so I think we won't know if Richie has matured emotionally until the end of the season. But I have other concerns about him such as his knee and how vulnerable he has been to quicker DTs because of it,imo. I suspect some of his rep for dirty play comes from his having to dive desperately at rushers' legs because they get around his laterally slow-moving feet at times. I'm thinking specifically about Dockett of The Cards. We'll have a hard time beating them until we neutralize him.

Chris Long

I think D'B. Ferguson is an emerging OT star ( his sacks yielded total dropped to 4 last year after double digit embarrassment) so I'm not too concerned about Long getting stymied in a series or two by him. Long strikes me as the kind of tenacious smart player who will be a 4th quarter sack artist; after wearing a guy down & probing for his weak spots is when his best work will occur.

Tough to see that in limited pre-season action but, as part of an overall more aggressive approach from Flajole on the DL, I hope to see some disruption and more varied use of CL in the coming exhibition.

Alex Barron

If the knee problem keeps him out or noticeably affects his play, it may be hard to glean anything here,either, but there have been few,if any, observations in the press or here about his play in the first game.

Keenan Burton,Fells,Bajema,Grant.

All on the MIA list so far,imo.

Who's on your watch list?

shower beers is offline Registered User

Re: The Forgotten vs The Falcons

I'm hoping to see any sort of pass rush at all. Besides Little's strip, they looked rather dead out there.

MoonJoe is offline Ram MVP

Hey Azul,

I forget which play it was, but I was watching the game last night and I noticed that Long was off the line and on the sideline stopping a play in a matter of seconds. I am thinking that man is pretty fast!
    "The disappointment of losing is huge!"

Jack Youngblood

Quote Originally Posted by MoonJoe View Post
    Hey Azul,

I forget which play it was, but I was watching the game last night and I noticed that Long was off the line and on the sideline stopping a play in a matter of seconds. I am thinking that man is pretty fast!
    Don't get me wrong; I love the guy's hustle and athleticism on plays like that but we need QB pressure as Shower observed.

I'm still not sure if RDE is the best spot for him. It'll be ironic if a resurgent Little actually limits CL's impact this year.

maineram is offline Registered User

Gibson looked pretty good at DT holding his own and bursting to get the QB. Lauranaitis will hopefully get more playing time with the 1's this game, he had a solid first outing when they pulled Draft out. Sanchez made OJ look like a rookie on that long pass to the wideout. One on one coverage with CB and no help from OJ. King was within inches a either picking the ball or knocking it down.

Maine -
    and out of the ashes rise ...The Breakfast Club !

Quote Originally Posted by maineram View Post
    Gibson looked pretty good at DT holding his own and bursting to get the QB. Lauranaitis will hopefully get more playing time with the 1's this game, he had a solid first outing when they pulled Draft out. Sanchez made OJ look like a rookie on that long pass to the wideout. One on one coverage with CB and no help from OJ. King was within inches a either picking the ball or knocking it down.

Maine -
    Didn't Campbell get some pressure once or twice as well? Definitely a lot to watch on the DL.

Pretty sure it was #35 Johnson who was late in helping out King,not Atogwe. Not sure I agree that King's coverage was quite that tight. He was a step behind to my eyes. Nice tackle,though.

I think Long rushed from LDE on the play as well. A step too late to get in Sanchez's face and help his young DB out there on that lonely island.

bruce4life is offline Registered User

I would like to see how Hollis Thomas and Ronald Curry will be fairing...

MOM
    MOM is offline Registered User

I want to see a major and undeniable dropoff in the number of missed tackles, arm tackles, and poor tackling in general. I am also curious to see how many punts made by Donnie Jones will be dropped. If this becomes a trend, it would be a great thing. I also liked the effort I saw in attempting to create turnovers. I'd like to see that continue.
    [SIGPIC]http://www.stickershoppe.com/mm5/graphics/00000001/MLRPANCmini.jpg[/SIGPIC]This is for Randy! GO BRM!

TekeRam is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by shower beers View Post
    I'm hoping to see any sort of pass rush at all. Besides Little's strip, they looked rather dead out there.
    We also weren't running exotic blitz packages like a certain other team was, either...

I was actually rather happy with the way that Long was driving back his linemen, he just needs to be able to break contact faster and get to the QB!

live4ramin is offline Registered User

More blocking; More holes; More Gado.
    Let the hype begin.

LifeLongRam Guest

I'll be watching Mcmichael closely, he has all the potential but has been injured, i'm hoping for a big year from him.
    also Wade and King both have shown good stuff, nice competion for the nickle spot.

maxxdigger is offline Registered User

I really think Hollis Thomas will help with both Little and Longs pass rush when he gets himself down to playing weight. Him and Carriker pushing in the middle will leave alot of one on one agaist these two should be fun to watch.

I agree with Lifelongram, McMichael if he stay healthy should give us what we have been missing since Big Earnie Conwell left. A good blocker on the line and a vey good pass catcher off the line.

On the missed tackle front what coach Spags is doin in camp has helped alot more than last year. Live tackling during practice seems to have helped the starters the most, A bigger improvement from the 1st preseason game last year.

Incognito what bad thing can you really say come on last year he had more fire than 80% of the fans yellin at him. I supported him during his rants with the fans at the dome but that was about it, Yelling at the ref not ever smart.
    What really pisses me off is actually the fans that attnd the game and tell people to be silent and sit down. Come on if you want to sit stay home

Now that it seems likely that he'll play, I'm going to add Karney to my watch list. If the starters do play the whole half as Spags has said they may, it will be an interesting extended debut.

And I can't help but root for Boller. I admired him as a Cal fan & hope some of that player is still in him. Let's hope his unit gives him the chance. Kid could play, I'm tellin' you.

diehard99 is offline Registered User

I know this is another broken record sounding but can Carriker really stay healthy? He tends to get turned sideways on running plays too often. After watching the DEF. play soooo bad I was really hoping we would have more new faces on DEF. Didnt Burton(DT) look good to anyone against the JETS? Will Spags try to pick up any D-linemen from NY Giants after cuts are made? They have 15 on their roster right now - last year they only kept 9. I smell a multiple player trade for more talent and a Giants DEF. player addition late because Spags knows they already know his system. I think the Rams should stick with becoming a heavy run OFF. and punt alot if need be rather than press Bulger too much. RUN THE ROCK AND STUFF THE RUN - can we do it?

RamsInfiniti is offline Registered User

One thing that was undeniable was the solid play in the interior of our defensive line. No matter who was in there, there was absolutely ZERO running room up the middle. This has not been the case here in many years ...

We could potentially be very difficult to run against if this solidity in the middle holds up. I will continue to pay attention to this, and see how our DE's respond to being ask to hold contain on the edges while our linebackers get into position. Will be very interesting to see how solid J.L. is at playing sideline to sideline ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast