TekeRam is offline Registered User

Formation of SWitCH

Now, I admit this is just a reaction after our first win, and it is by no means permanent, nor guaranteed for any length more than till tomorrow, but I hereby announce the creation of SWitCH, or, Stick With Coach Haslett.

In just under two weeks, Haslett has assumed control over a despondent, failure prone, uninspired franchise, and has started turning the whole thing around. Doing more than his job requires, Haslett has taken on a leadership role of a general manager almost, ordering the office personnel to clean up the building, maintain the grounds, and start acting like a winning, professional organization. He has lifted the spirits of the front office staff, as well as the players.

In fact, the players showed more grit and determination today than we have seen in years. When was the last time you saw the Rams stick with a good team like this? More importantly, when did you last see the Rams win a game defensively?

I submit that Jim Haslett is a coach that knows what he's doing, has the motivational abilities that are required of an NFL head coach, and knows to defer to his coaches who know how to do their jobs best. While we might not have the best staff at the moment, I believe that Haslett will obtain a staff that will work together well and will advance the abilities of our players, something that Linehan could not do, even with the same coaches.

Further, I submit that Haslett has the future of the Franchise in mind as opposed to his own job, and he will continue to do what's best for the Rams long term, when he knows his job is very much unsecure. He will play the rookies and other young players as much as they earn, and will not be afraid to mix things up. As evidenced by some talk I heard before the game, Haslett wants to move Holt around the formation, getting him the ball in any way possible.

Lastly, I want to remind you that this is, indeed, just a reactionary movement, based on less than two weeks of Haslett being the coach. However, I have seen enough in those two weeks, to support Haslett for the time being as being kept on as the head coach.

SFCRamFan is offline Registered User

Re: Formation of SWitCH

I'll take a trial membership...
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

SJax, a developing quarterbacks best friend...

Oh, come on, no one else has anything to say? Thank you SFC for stepping up. Rep to you!

laram0 is offline Superbowl MVP

I think it's a bit premature to hand the 2009 job to Haslett right now.

I am and have been a fan of Haslett's even when he was the Headcoach of the Saints. Thing is, our defense (which is/was his baby) hadn't performed up to the level that I think they are capable of until yesterday. Does Haslett get the credit for that? I'm going to give it a few more games before I pass judgement.

Ramblin` Ram is offline Registered User

well i did supported the move before the win..(can look back at posts for confirmation if you like)

the "ney sayers" pointed to what he has done with the D but the role of HC is totally different than that of a co-ordinator...and well..no one is gonna say the D is the problem after yesterdays game anyway,he was the only real choice we had and if we get some more wins this year,we would be foolish not to support what he`s doing and run him out of town!

Remember Linny in 36 games never beat a team with a better record than us...Coach Haslett done it in his first game!

I understand laram0, and I said this is a reactionary thing to the win, and it's certainly subject to change. But don't you see the night and day switch(get it!) between Haslett and Linehan? Haslett is a good head coach, not a great coordinator. Yes, the defense hadn't played like that before, and actually kept us in a game. However, Haslett is now not responsible for the play calls and specific schemes. That's now Venturi's job, which he handled for the Saints fairly well.

Even if we don't end up winning 6 games, but play like we did yesterday for the rest of the year, I'll be happy to keep Haslett on. I have faith that the offense will take off, eventually, and I think Venturi makes a much better DC.