Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Shadesofgrey is offline Registered User

This forum has lost the plot...

Holy Crap...just read the thread titles..I thought we were Rams fans..that we were better than whining Raiders or Niner fans...I can hardly read this forum the tone is so negative...What the heck is going on?!?!?

rams fans vs. players-who cares more about winning?
    would you trade leonard little....
    Bulger injury worse than feared
    Jackson stunk up the joint
    Vitt is not the answer
    rams vs. eagles- the all bust bowl
    What a nightmare this would be..
    orlando pace and his knee
    It's time for the Head Coach to go, period.

general counsel is offline Registered User

Re: This forum has lost the plot...

I dont understand your post shades. Many of the threads you are referring to were posted by me. I dont think that i am whining and i dont think that i am negative. I do think that with a 4-6 record which includes embarrassing losses to the whiners and the big dead at home, we can be realistic and say that this season is very very disappointing and that the team has not performed up to its talent level and ability. Should we be jumping up and down for joy since we are 4-6.

Neither the raiders nor the whiners had any expectation of competiting this year, which we did. Apples to oranges comparison.

It is what it is big guy, there are a lot of negatives around the rams these days.

I think if you read through a lot of threads, many of mine included, you will also find a lot of positives. I think this team has plenty of talent and given the cap and other reasons why teams fortunes can change quite a bit from year to year i dont think that they sky is falling and i dont think that we are in a total rebuild mode.

However, i think as rams fans talking about what we do to improve the team for next year, which could include which guys to draft, sign, go after in free agency, coach etc is a positive, rather than a negative. Real fans like all of us hang in there when the chips are down, but we cant ignore that the chips are indeed down.

Why dont you tell us the type of threads that you would like to see.

ramming speed to all

general counsel

jkramsfan is offline Registered User

i agree with gc, theres not alot of positve things to say about this season and i cant speak for everyone but good or bad season we are diehard ram fans and i wish we were all talking about the superbowl bound 10-0 rams.

AvengerRam is offline Moderator Emeritus

Its called "tough love."

RamWraith is offline Registered User

I am one of the biggest cheerleaders you will ever find for the Rams, and really try not to talk down about them. But right now it is really hard to find anything good to talk about. I really feel abandoned by my team right now, and don't know why.

I've just seen the mood of this forum change over the last couple of years...It started with the Warner vs. Bulger debate and from there it has only become more negative. I know that there aren't a ton of positives to talk about, but at the same time that doesn't mean things have to be so negative...All I know is that I used to really enjoy reading this forum, but lately I almost dread coming in here. I still love the Rams and ClanRam..I just wish things were more like they were a while back....:clanram:

ramsbruce is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by Shadesofgrey
    Holy Crap...just read the thread titles..I thought we were Rams fans..that we were better than whining Raiders or Niner fans...I can hardly read this forum the tone is so negative...What the heck is going on?!?!?

Bulger injury worse than feared
    Since this was my post. This was an article posted from the St Louis Post Dispatch. There is nothing negative about it, that's just how it is. His injury is worse than before. It's more sad then negative.

I am pro-rams 100% of the time. I think that any of us who suffered through the 90s and are still fans are pro-rams to the death.

I think some of the "negative" posts are constructive criticism.

When reading through the forums I think you need to weed through some of the negative crap and not pay attention to it. But you really have to sort through and see what is negative crap and what is constructive criticism.
    BRUUUUUUUUCE

MauiRam is offline Pro Bowl Ram

Hey Shades... if we have "lost the plot" what exactly is the plot? If the plot is to win, well I guess then we are losing it. There isn't a great deal to cheer about when you are losing. I for one take losses hard. I rarely post after a loss as I need a cooling down period before I make much sense. The only plot I can think of right now is for the Rams to get better and unfortunately it appears that plot is going to take a long time to develop....

:football:

RamWraith is offline Registered User

I think the point Shade is trying to make is that we need to start acting as fans again. We need to support this team in it's darkest hour. Some how we as fans need to dig deep and remember the good things this team has brought us. In a sense he is absolutely right. Life goes on. There is little we can do to change things that are put in motion. What good does it do if we sit back and whine and complain how bad things are. Why not start looking at the way things can be or are going to be.

There has to be a way we can put a positive spin back on all this. This kind of stuff is what seperates the cream. If you are going to run with the big dogs, you better learn to piss on the porch.

HERE'S TO THE NEW RAMS IN '06

Haterade is offline Registered User

With the chances for the playoffs nearly impossible, the role of a spoiler needs to be embraced.

RamsFanSam is offline Pro Bowl Ram

Steve, I know what you mean. I am probably the one here who is known for saying things like "hey, 4-6, who cares? We can still go 10-6!"
    Well, with all the injuries we have, even I am realizing that this Rams team isn't going to be playing after January 1. It's a sad fact.

BUT: As a Rams fan, I can look forward to next year. Soon our posts will leave the gloom and doom behind, and you will see posts with titles like:

Bulger looking the best ever
    Draft results show lots of promise
    New coaching staff shaking things up
    SI reporting Rams are team to look out for in 2006
    Avenger posts 1000th poll
    LOTR identified as Karl Rove
    Seattle Fears 2006 Rams

Just give it a little time...we all had our hopes dashed a little more with each injury, every failed play, every bad game.

The Clan will return to it's normal look, and it will start soon. Just have patience...and if you want to see something uplifting, post something to get the discussion started that way!

Rams13 is offline Registered User

There is no point in having a forum like this if we can't vent and share our concerns of where this franchise is going.

Sure there will be times when we all agree with eachother and everything is all roses, but it hasn't been 2001 for a while now.

LaRamsFanLongTime is offline Registered User

I've just seen the mood of this forum change over the last couple of years
    So has the rams winning percentage. Anytime that happens a collective group of fans are gonna wonder what the hell is going on. Especially after enjoying some great seasons. I am still pretty positive on the Rams as a whole. I think there is some very obvious issues that have been voiced and discussed in a positive manor. I also think there has been some ridiculous sentiments that have nothing to do with what is going wrong with this team.

Whenever you have such a die hard passionate group of fans things will turn ugly from time to time. Much like in a losing teams locker room. The players usually get in arguments and point blame. Hell put a family that loves each other and support each other through some rough times and see the result.There will be fights and bitterness. In the end though a strong family will reunite and become stronger.
    Last edited by LaRamsFanLongTime; -11-24-2005 at 05:37 AM.
    LET'S GO DODGERS

Tony Soprano is offline Registered User

Some are being REALISTIC. We've had an EASY schedule. SanFran, Arizona, and this week the League's worst team 1-9 Houston.

Quote Originally Posted by RamWraith
    I think the point Shade is trying to make is that we need to start acting as fans again. We need to support this team in it's darkest hour. Some how we as fans need to dig deep and remember the good things this team has brought us. In a sense he is absolutely right. Life goes on. There is little we can do to change things that are put in motion. What good does it do if we sit back and whine and complain how bad things are. Why not start looking at the way things can be or are going to be.

There has to be a way we can put a positive spin back on all this. This kind of stuff is what seperates the cream. If you are going to run with the big dogs, you better learn to piss on the porch.

HERE'S TO THE NEW RAMS IN '06
    Exactly

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast