StLouisSam is offline Registered User

Found an expert who likes the Rams a ton

Everyone on ESPN except for that Wickersham fellow likes the Browns, so I set out to find someone who had sonme confidence picking the Rams.

Found a guy. I don't agree with everything in the write-up, altho the Linehan having a nervous breakdown thing is kinda funny:

Reading that gave me more confidence! Hope we can pull out a victory!
    Last edited by RamDez; -10-28-2007 at 10:42 AM. Reason: link removed

RAMMAN68 is offline Registered User

Re: Found an expert who likes the Rams a ton

The Vegas. Edge: Rams.
    Everyone's going to be on the Browns. The Rams suck. I can't imagine a single person willingly backing St. Louis
    Obviously he's never been to this site.
    JUST WIN ONE FOR THE FANS

"HIT HARD, HIT FAST, AND HIT OFTEN"
    Adm. William "Bull" Halsey

rammiser is offline Registered User

Not sure how credible this site is especially when they say Tye Hill is out. In order to do a write up on a game shouldnt you know the injuries at least? Sean Salsbury who I think is a complete doofus said the Browns are going to crush the Rams tonight on gamenight radio. I thinnk it's possible for that as bad as we've been but he failed to recognize how crappy Clevelands defense is. Only having six sack is a positive for Bulger he might actually get some time.
    Just Fix It

ramsanddodgers is online now Registered User

I never heard of the guy, but then there are a lot of people I've yet to hear of.

His credibility? No idea. But anybody that picks the Rams to win can't be all bad?

Cleveland Browns (3-3) at St. Louis Rams (0-7)
    Line: Browns by 3. Total: 45.
    Walt's Projected Line (Before Week 7): Browns -3.
    Walt's Projected Line (After Week 7): Browns -4.
    Sunday, 1:00 ET - Buy Tickets

The Game. Edge: Browns.
    Injuries: BROWNS: OUT: OT Ryan Tucker, C LeCharles Bentley, LB Willie McGinest. RAMS: OUT: OT Orlando Pace, CB Tye Hill.

A frustrated Scott Linehan stated Monday that he's going to borrow a couple of trick plays from Rutgers in an attempt to beat Cleveland. Odd. Here's something weirder. Linehan, who looked like he was one more injury away from having a nervous breakdown, stated, "It's all about wins, not about stats." Yeah, that's great he feels that way because his team has neither. His two quarterbacks have five touchdowns, 15 interceptions and 25 broken ribs. None of his running backs gain more than four yards per carry. The offensive line has allowed 24 sacks, while the entire scoring unit is averaging 11.3 points per game. Phew... Thank God it's not about stats because the Rams would be 0-7 or something!

It's a shame that the Rams are winless because they have the talent to compete in a mediocre NFC West. It's just that the talent is injured. Four of the top six offensive linemen are out. Bulger is barely walking. Jackson is hurt. Asking any second-string offense to put up more than two touchdowns in a single game is ridiculous. But I feel St. Louis can break out of its slump on Sunday because the Browns can't stop anyone. They have only six sacks, so Bulger should be able to operate freely in the pocket, throwing into a secondary ranked 29th against the pass. Steven Jackson and Brian Leonard will also establish a solid ground attack; Cleveland gives up close to five yards per carry.

The reason the Browns are 3-3 is because of Derek Anderson; the Oregon State alumnus has 14 touchdowns to just eight picks. He doesn't get sacked much, thanks to a pair of potent targets - Braylon Edwards and Kellen Winslow Jr. - and an effective rush game. Jamal Lewis, averaging five yards per carry, should be able to trample the Rams' pathetic defensive front (18th versus the run), allowing Anderson to capitalize with play-action.

That said, I'm not confident in Anderson and the Browns to win as a road favorite. Since when does Cleveland deserve to be laying points as a visitor? With tons of money flowing toward the Browns, I'll take the desperate Rams, who have fared well in the role of a home underdog over the years. This is a great spot for St. Louis, as Cleveland could be looking forward to its battles against Seattle, Pittsburgh and Baltimore the next three weeks.

The Psychology. Edge: Rams.
    The Rams are being compared to one of the worst teams of all time. They need to win. Meanwhile, I consider this a Breather Alert for the Browns. Following this "easy" game, they play Seattle, Pittsburgh and Baltimore.

The Vegas. Edge: Rams.
    Everyone's going to be on the Browns. The Rams suck. I can't imagine a single person willingly backing St. Louis.
    Percentage of money on Cleveland: 83% (31,000 bets)

The Trends. Edge: Rams.
    Zero Trend: 0-7 (or worse) teams are 10-1 ATS since 2000.
    Zero Trend: 0-7 (or worse) teams are 5-0 ATS vs. non-losing teams since 2000.
    Marc Bulger is 5-1 ATS as a home dog.
    Opening Line: Browns -3.
    Opening Total: 43.5.
    Weather: Dome.

Fantasy Spin.
    Start Em: Torry Holt, Jamal Lewis, Braylon Edwards, Kellen Winslow Jr.
    Sit Em: Both Defenses.

Prediction: Rams 24, Browns 21
    Rams +3 (5 Units - Double Money Pick)
    Over 45 (.5 Units)
    RnD

GO RAMS!!

Bruce=GOAT is offline Registered User

Sterling Sharpe picked us to win on NFL network, so there is another supporter. LOL, we will take all we can get.

mpire is offline Registered User

Has leCharles ever played a down for the Browns?
    Wasn't he their big FA signing last year out for the season in minicamp or something?

eldfan is offline Registered User

quote:The Psychology. Edge: Rams.
    The Rams are being compared to one of the worst teams of all time. They need to win. Meanwhile, I consider this a Breather Alert for the Browns. Following this "easy" game, they play Seattle, Pittsburgh and Baltimore."

WOW!!!!!! I can't imagine we being worse than the 70's TB Bucks.
    :ramlogo:

ramsanddodgers is online now Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by eldfan View Post
    quote:The Psychology. Edge: Rams.
    The Rams are being compared to one of the worst teams of all time. They need to win. Meanwhile, I consider this a Breather Alert for the Browns. Following this "easy" game, they play Seattle, Pittsburgh and Baltimore."

WOW!!!!!! I can't imagine we being worse than the 70's TB Bucks.
    I assume you are referring to the upstart '76/77 Buccaneers who began their history with 26 consecutive losses?

The Bucs had a built-in excuse though. We don't. :x
    RnD

GO RAMS!!