Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Fortuninerhater is offline Registered User

Re: Four Players Who Should Be On The Trading Block

Quote Originally Posted by Nick
    Except you're not getting a first round pick for a soon-to-be 32 year old tackle who has missed significant time the last two seasons with injury, so unless you're willing to lower your standards, he stays anyways.

Fortuninerhater:
    That's why I said, "if "

I brought up his production and injury status for this year as a reason to keep him - he's injured and playing in an anemic offense yet will still put up quality numbers if he stays consistent with what he's done so far.

Fortuninerhater
    I understand and respect all that Torry has done for this team, but "if" I could've gotten Calvin Johnson somehow, someway, for Torry Holt (as the primary bait), that would've been a no brainer for me.

When you say, "I also would've traded Torry Holt for Detroit's pick last year if I were in charge," it would seem to me that you're talking about a straight up deal, especially since you mentioned no other terms.

Fortuninerhater:
    My original proposal just before the last college draft was, Torry Holt and our number 13 pick, for Shaun Rogers and Detroits number 2 pick in the draft. Detroit may have required a little more than that from us, but whatever it would've taken within reason, I certainly would've pulled the trigger.
    Last edited by HUbison; -10-24-2007 at 10:28 AM.

HUbison is offline Superbowl MVP

Re: Four Players Who Should Be On The Trading Block

Quote Originally Posted by goldenfleece
    I'd actually be surprised to see Chillar gone. The team seems to be pretty high on him, and he probably won't be on other teams' radar so much.
    I gotta say, fleece, I both agree and disagree with you. I agree that Haslett and Co. seem impressed, and for good reason. Chillar has played pretty well for a 4-3 SAM. However, I disagree that he won't show up on other teams' radars. Chillar is probably the #2 SAM on the FA market behind Karlos Dansby; and the draft is completely devoid of impace SAMs (maybe Michigan's Crable or maybe Nevada's Butler......maybe).
    "Before the gates of excellence the high gods have placed sweat; long is the road thereto and rough and steep at first; but when the heights are reached, then there is ease, though grievously hard in the winning." --- Hesiod

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123