View Poll Results: Which statement do you agree with most?

Voters
74. You may not vote on this poll
  • Marc Bulger is an elite QB.

31 41.89%
  • Jimmy Kennedy is not a bust.

2 2.70%
  • Alex Barron is the best young O lineman in football.

15 20.27%
  • Pisa Tinoisamoa is a top-tier linebacker.

10 13.51%
  • Love the optimism, but I don't agree with any of these.

16 21.62%
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    AvengerRam is offline Moderator Emeritus

Four things the national media doesn't realize about the Rams... but they will.

1. Marc Bulger is an elite NFL QB.

The extent to which Marc Bulger is overlooked by the national media when the top QBs are discussed is, perhaps, not surprising. Bulger has not been able to put together a complete year of statistics due to the injuries suffered in the Martz "Lax Protection" scheme. But if you look at his consistent performance over the years he's been a starter, it is clear that he is one of the league's most productive and efficient passers. This year, with a more conservative, protection-oriented, scheme, he will shine. Don't be shocked if Marc Bulger is an MVP candidate by year's end.

2. Jimmy Kennedy is not a bust.

Kennedy has yet to fulfill his potential, no doubt, but a bust? He has demonstrated at times the ability to be effective, even disruptive, at the DT position. In my opinion, he's never been used correctly. Now, with Jim Haslett as DC, I think he will settled into a NT role and succeed. I'm not ready to put him in this year's Pro Bowl, but by year's end, he will be off the "bust" list.

3. Alex Barron is the best young lineman in football

When the national media talks about the O linemen from the 2005 draft, they mention Jammal Brown and Logan Mankins, but rarely Barron. In my opinion, Barron has more talent then the two of them combined. Even after missing much of camp, and without a strong background in technique, he was virtually never beaten because of his immense talent. Now, with a year under his belt and with Paul Boudreau coaching him, he will shine. By the end of this year, some may even (albeit prematurely) question whether Orlando Pace is the Rams' best OT.

4. Pisa Tinoisamoa is a top-tier OLB

Think about the LBs considered the best in the league. Now answer this: how many lacked talented DL and LBs playing along side them? (here's a clue: the answer is "none"). The fact that Pisa has played as well as he has with the parade of stiffs along side him shows how good he can be. With additions like Glover and Witherspoon, and a coach who will let him attack, the national media will finally see how good he is.

RamsFan4ever is offline Registered User

Re: Four things the national media doesn't realize about the Rams... but they will.

Id say Alex Barron is the Best Offensive lineman... I do agree with Marc Being a Elite QB but he needs to be healthy to prove it, Pisa is doing great too.

Alex mite have competion next year on being the best youngest. D Brickashaw Ferguson is good too.

Rip32 is offline Registered User

Re: Four things the national media doesn't realize about the Rams... but they will.

I said Pisa is an elite LB,cant wait to see what he can o in this scheme,he should have made the Pro Bowl his rookie year(76 Tackles - 2 Sacks - 3 Int - 5 Forced Fumbles - 4 pass Def).

Fat Pang is offline Registered User

Barron over Brown as the best young NFL O Lineman.

Handed Vanden Bosch his car keys in their last tangle.

"Taxi for Kyle?"

HUbison is offline Superbowl MVP

I've beaten this drum before, and so far he has continued to make me look like a village idiot, but............I think this is the year for Kennedy. Between poor mindset (1st year), ankle injury (2nd year), and who knows what (3rd year), he has yet to live to potential. He ended 2004 well, and started 2005 even better. In fact, looking at the first half of 2005, he was on track for over 50 tackles and 6 sacks. Not bad for a 2-technique playing the 3-technique position. But then the Nutcracker made his way back to starter, so Kennedy's season fizzled. Was that a Koller (who had no love loss for Kennedy and vice versa) or a Kennedy thing? Don't know, but that problem is gone, so maybe Kennedy can have that breakout year.
    "Before the gates of excellence the high gods have placed sweat; long is the road thereto and rough and steep at first; but when the heights are reached, then there is ease, though grievously hard in the winning." --- Hesiod

viper is offline Registered User

I was looking for an "all of the above" choice, except for the last one. Under the new coaching regime, I believe each of these players are going to excel to the point of garnishing national attention and hopefully probowls. We have a lot of talent on this team that should shine this year.

Go Rams!!! :ramlogo:

r8rh8rmike is offline Superbowl MVP

Without a doubt, Marc Bulger is an elite NFL QB. He has proven year after year that when given adequate support and protection, he produces in a big way. I have no doubt that this year he will dispell the ridiculous notions that he is merely a "system" QB that can only be successful when throwing to spots. This guy is special.

viper is offline Registered User

I forgot to mention that I selected Marc Bulger as well. He is definitely one of the elite QB's in the league. I agree the lack of protection and the scheme have contributed greatly to his injuries. I'll tell ya what...he is one tough dude! Its unbelievable how he gets up time after time after being pummelled by the opposition. His accuracy and vision are excellent. I think some here may even take him for granted. What a fine QB we have guiding our team.
    Last edited by viper; -07-21-2006 at 11:44 AM.

Nick is offline Superbowl MVP

Gotta go with Bulger as an elite quarterback. Fourth best completion percentage in the league, third best yards per attempt average in the league, ninth in the league in TD%, top five in the league in QB rating, yet still sacked more in limited time than many of these top QBs were all season. Give the man proper protection and a consistent running game to draw some attention and I think he could put up even better numbers.
    ClanRam ModCast: Episode Two
    Rams Discussion Right at Your Fingertips!

Scidog68 is offline Registered User

When asked by national media figures who the toughest competition he faced in college was, No. 1 overall Draft pick Mario Williams said with no hesitation, "Alex Barron. He's an animal."

I voted for Bulger, though, 'cuz he's just like Rodney Dangerfield...........No Respect.
    Last edited by Scidog68; -07-21-2006 at 09:19 AM.

Hooah

Win, Lose or Draw... Rams for Life!
    :football:

Goldenfleece is offline Registered User

I totally agree with the points on Bulger and Barron. Alex made some mistakes, but he handled himself extremely well for a rookie. He got my vote. When Bulger is on the field he is outstanding. He has great accuracy even when he's throwing deep, and he's got a quick release. I also think his alleged frailty is exaggerated. It is true that he has not made it through an entire season without injury, but aside from last season he only missed a game or two in the others.

I'm going to say the jury's still out on the other two. I think it's too early to say that "Jimmy Kennedy is a bust," but I also think it's too early to say definitvely that "Jimmy Kennedy is not a bust." As for Pisa, he has played well under the circumstances. On the other hand, the numbers may be slightly inflated because of the fact that his teammates were not making tackles. I think he is a very good player, but when I think top tier, I tend to think of a group of players that you could argue are the very best at their position in the league right now. So by that definition, a "tier" might consist of only one or two players. Would I argue that Tinoisamoa is as good or better than say Keith Bulluck, Keith Brooking, and Derrick Brooks? Probably not. He might very well be in the tier right below that, though.

RamsFan16 is offline Registered User

Not really any but I clicked the wrong one.

Marc Bulger is an elite QB.
    Yea, I know BEFORE I said he is. Don't get me wrong he is a really good QB but until he throws less interceptions I'm going to say he is good, not elite.

Jimmy Kennedy is not a bust.
    I'm still thinking on this one.

Alex Barron is the best young O lineman in football.
    He is ONE of the best, not the best.

Pisa Tinoisamoa is a top-tier linebacker.
    He is a good linebacker, but he has to cut back on missed tackles. I've seen him miss them, and needs to get better in coverage for now he is a good linebacker and is ranked 20 - 25 not a Top 15.

Love the optimism, but I don't agree with any of these.
    Thats what I meant to say.
    RamsFan16

theodus69 is offline Registered User

hell of good points! I'm gonna disect each game this year and hope it is all in my findings! We is going to the bowl..........Maybe.
    I stopped going to the dentist.......I got tired of the cavity searches!

bruce4life is offline Registered User

i put pisa being one of the best linebackers in the league... he has not the type of players as derrick brooks or ray lewis or even witherspoon did last year, yet he is still consistently leading us in tackles every game. not to mention him playing through shoudler injuries left and right... by seasons end people will know hawaii 5-0!!!!!!!!!!

Bar-bq is offline Pro Bowl Ram

Pisa Tinoisamoa is a class act. On the field, he provides a spark and a leadership unseen in the Rams uniform since London Fletcher. Sure, he's had his mistakes, but at least he's made them going fast. I rate as the single best performer on the Rams defense over the past two years, and the world will see it this year.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast