View Poll Results: Which statement do you agree with most?

Voters
74. You may not vote on this poll
  • Marc Bulger is an elite QB.

31 41.89%
  • Jimmy Kennedy is not a bust.

2 2.70%
  • Alex Barron is the best young O lineman in football.

15 20.27%
  • Pisa Tinoisamoa is a top-tier linebacker.

10 13.51%
  • Love the optimism, but I don't agree with any of these.

16 21.62%
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    OldRamsfan is offline Registered User

Re: Four things the national media doesn't realize about the Rams... but they will.

I have said it before and I'll say it again We have a team that can win yesterdays problems where much deeper than just poor play on our team ...
    Kennedy , Barron , Marc and others will do fine ...

Black Hills Ramman is offline Registered User

Re: Four things the national media doesn't realize about the Rams... but they will.

Bulger was my choice as well, and then I remembered his poor tackling ability.
    Hmmm. Oh well, I think he figured out that he should duck and run if there's an interception and 5 enemy Def guys hard charging. !!
    BLACK HILLS RAMMAN

Dr. Defense is offline Registered User

I have to go with the Barron statement. I do believe that he is the best young OL in the game right now. In his rookie year, he faced Michael Strahan. He's one of the best DE's in the game. And he did pretty damn good. He could have done better, but considering that he was a rookie, I was pretty proud. Now as for the other statements. Bulger is a great QB. But he isn't elite though. To get to that level he needs to show that he is fully healed and go the entire season without injury. If he can do that, then I believe that he is elite. I have always believed that Kennedy had the potential to be great. Now he has the chance. I believe that his true home on that line was NT. Well now he's going home. And playing with Glover will only make him better. This is the determaning year. If he does great, then I think that he will be a force to recon with. If he fails, he has no more chances. For Tino, I think that he is right on the threshold of being a top tier player. I think that if he can get some more tackles and sacks this year that everyone will know his name.

bustin_figs is offline Registered User

I went with Pisa. Under JH's scheme the defense should have a seek and destroy mentality. No more of Marmie allowing a 12 yard cushion on 3rd and short. The plays should be over in seconds. Under this type of scheme the defensive players up front will see the most action (we hope). I think that the added talent should benefit both Pisa, and Kennedy. The one thing that Pisa has over Kennedy is he has already proven that he deserves respect. Kennedy still has a ways to go with me. Although the offensive players will benefit from the extra time alone, the improvements on defense should outshine them.
    Figs:ramlogo:

HUbison is offline Superbowl MVP

Quote Originally Posted by Bar-bq
    Pisa Tinoisamoa is a class act. On the field, he provides a spark and a leadership unseen in the Rams uniform since London Fletcher. Sure, he's had his mistakes, but at least he's made them going fast. I rate as the single best performer on the Rams defense over the past two years, and the world will see it this year.
    Ironically, Pisa and Spoon had very similar '05 seasons:

Pisa - 94 tackles, 1.5 sacks, 2 picks
    Spoon - 81 tackles, 2.5 sacks, 2 picks

We did cart-wheels this offseason when we signed Spoon. Hopefully, we do those same gymnastics IF we can re-sign Pisa next offseason.
    "Before the gates of excellence the high gods have placed sweat; long is the road thereto and rough and steep at first; but when the heights are reached, then there is ease, though grievously hard in the winning." --- Hesiod

VegasRam is offline Ram MVP

Bulger's very good, and may have elite stats, but isn't elite yet. I think he will be, however. Pisa may make top tier this year with better people around him, and Kennedy's not a bust, but needs to step up..

Barron IS the best YOUNG lineman, (or at least tackle), in the NFL.

Plus he can catch.
    "the Heart Lies and the Head Plays Tricks with us, but the Eyes See True".

RamsFan4ever is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by VegasRam
    Barron IS the best YOUNG lineman, (or at least tackle), in the NFL.

Plus he can catch.
    LOL I remember that!! Against the Jags... That was funny!

Rampage39 is offline Registered User

Didn't Barron get bull rushed by Demarcus Ware in the season finale? That was the only time I remember seeing Barron getting manhandled, other than that he was a pleasant surprise last season.

txramsfan is offline Registered User

Number 5. Bulger is a good QB but elite ones somehow will their teams to more than just one playoff win. Not saying the Carolina was his fault, by any means. Kennedy and Barron have a bunch to prove to me still. Barron has to stop making stupid mistakes and gettting illegal motion penalties and third down. Kennedy has to play consistently better all year. Pisa has to stop missing tackles that he should make.

Can all these negatives change with this squad? You bet, but until they do I just feel it's over optimistic on our part to think any of these are true.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12