Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    MauiRam is offline Pro Bowl Ram

Fox Sports ranks Bulger 22nd among 32 QBs ..

22. RAMS
    Marc Bulger
    Kyle Boller
    Keith Null
    Brock Berlin Can Marc Bulger revive his career? He probably can with a real live NFL offensive line around him. Once a Pro Bowl-caliber QB, Bulger needs a big season after two straight years of struggles. The Rams added Kyle Boller as a backup, who seemed to be evolving in Baltimore until injuries cost him his 2008 season — and Joe Flacco stole his job. Other than that, this pocket has a few holes in it.

Anyone think Marc is flying under the radar with our new O-line? If he stays healthy, I'll bet he'll rank alot higher come the 2009 season's end ..

TekeRam is offline Registered User

Re: Fox Sports ranks Bulger 22nd among 32 QBs ..

That's the key... having a real offensive line around him. We have three new starters in the last two years, all of them upgrades. Now they just need to gel and show off what they got. The line is the key to the offense and the center is the key. It was huge to get Jason Brown in my opinion. If it works, then Jax will have a big year and Bulger will show everyone that he's not done in my opinion. I'm excited to see what we do this year!

jjigga3000 is offline Registered User

The Rams were the second pic in the draft. As a team they don't deserve to have any people on their jock at this point. As fans of course we think we have a good team. Bulger was horrible last year, most of the fault was because of the line, some of it was coaching, but he's has some blame in this also. I do however think that Bulger is a great QB, but with his play the last two years there's no reason for anyone to say he's a top 10 QB. I'm very hopefull this year will be different.

AtlantaRamFan is offline Registered User

I've always been a big fan of Bulger..gotta feel sorry for the beating he's taken..This offseason though, not only did they improve the line, but something I haven't seen too many people take into account is the WCO that he'll play in. If I understand this right, shorter drop backs, short routes..if he can get the O down, the offensive line won't have to do as much for as long. Hopefully it helps!

r8rh8rmike is online now Superbowl MVP

Wow, 22nd. I guess Bulger has a lot to prove. Pretty funny that Kyle Orton is ranked 20th.

Rankings: Quarterbacks
    Rk Player Tm Bye
    1 Drew Brees NO 5
    2 Peyton Manning IND 6
    3 Tom Brady NE 8
    4 Philip Rivers SD 5
    5 Kurt Warner ARI 4
    6 Aaron Rodgers GB 5
    7 Donovan McNabb PHI 4
    8 Tony Romo DAL 6
    9 Jay Cutler DEN 7
    10 Ben Roethlisberger PIT 8
    11 Matt Ryan ATL 4
    12 Matt Schaub HOU 10
    13 Matt Hasselbeck SEA 7
    14 Eli Manning NYG 10
    15 Matt Cassel KC 8
    16 Carson Palmer CIN 8
    17 Jake Delhomme CAR 4
    18 David Garrard JAC 7
    19 Trent Edwards BUF 9
    20 Kyle Orton DEN 7
    21 Chad Pennington MIA 6
    22 Marc Bulger STL 9
    23 Joe Flacco BAL 7
    24 Kerry Collins TEN 7
    25 Jason Campbell WAS 8
    26 Brady Quinn CLE 9
    27 JaMarcus Russell OAK 9
    28 Sage Rosenfels MIN 9
    29 Byron Leftwich TB 8
    30 Mark Sanchez NYJ 9
    31 Tavaris Jackson MIN 9
    32 Matthew Stafford DET 7
    33 Shaun Hill SF 6
    34 Jeff Garcia OAK 9
    35 Daunte Culpepper DET 7
    36 Derek Anderson CLE 9
    37 Jon Kitna DAL 6
    38 Chris Simms DEN 7
    39 Dan Orlovsky HOU 10
    40 Vince Young TEN 7
    41 Kyle Boller STL 9
    42 Alex Smith SF 6
    43 Matt Leinart ARI 4
    44 Josh McCown CAR 4
    45 Todd Collins WAS 8
    46 Josh Freeman TB 8
    47 Brian Griese TB 8
    48 Tyler Thigpen KC 8
    49 Kellen Clemens NYJ 9
    50 Seneca Wallace SEA 7

TekeRam is offline Registered User

Oh, I agree Jigga, and to say that we have the 22nd best QB situation is actually rather good in my opinion when we've had back to back 2nd picks.

HUbison is offline Superbowl MVP

33 Shaun Hill SF 6
    Is anyone else tickled by the notion that the whiners don't have a QB in the top 32?
    "Before the gates of excellence the high gods have placed sweat; long is the road thereto and rough and steep at first; but when the heights are reached, then there is ease, though grievously hard in the winning." --- Hesiod

jmk321 is offline Registered User

I really wouldn't put Matt Cassel, David Gerrard, Trent Edwards or Kyle Orton ahead of Bulger. Neither Edwards or Orton have even had a good season in the NFL and if people are going to use the bad offensive line excuse for Gerrard then they should also be able to use it for Bulger. Cassel was able to throw it to the best receiver tandem in the NFL and had the best team in the NFL around him so I doubt his moderate success carries over to the Chiefs.

shower beers is offline Registered User

It seems a bit strange to me that Matthew Stafford and Mark Sanchez, having never played an NFL game before, are ranked higher than a good number of proven NFL veterans.

Pape is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by MauiRam View Post
    22. RAMS
    Marc Bulger
    Kyle Boller
    Keith Null
    Brock Berlin Can Marc Bulger revive his career? He probably can with a real live NFL offensive line around him. Once a Pro Bowl-caliber QB, Bulger needs a big season after two straight years of struggles. The Rams added Kyle Boller as a backup, who seemed to be evolving in Baltimore until injuries cost him his 2008 season — and Joe Flacco stole his job. Other than that, this pocket has a few holes in it.

Anyone think Marc is flying under the radar with our new O-line? If he stays healthy, I'll bet he'll rank alot higher come the 2009 season's end ..
    You do realize that the article doesn't rank the quarterbacks in the league, its intent is to rank each teams qb corp based on its starter and roster depth, right?

Ram Dragoon is offline Registered User

At worst one can fault Bulgers on the field demeanor but he has the skills to be a great QB. Not all that long ago he took Warner's job--odd that after the Rams everyone was saying stick a fork in Warner, he is done. Oh boy those same experts where so right on that one.

Regardless who you have taking snaps behind center, a lot depends on who your playing with. McNabb a head of Bulger...
    I wonder if Fox Sports "experts" see the same thing we are. Prone to choking in the big games, doesn't know the rules, need i go on?

To be fair McNabb, is a good QB but if there wasn't a Westbrooks--there wouldn't be a McNabb. If there where not for a sold defense for the Eagles there wouldn't be any payoff apearences. Its that simple...they never provided McNabb lots of weapons--T.O was a bust, but who else have they really got? With McNabbs mobility, a solid TE is desperately needed--just a lot of needs at the skilled offensive postions to mention

Romo--haha! boy has too much Jessica on the brain. But seriously, Romo is handicapped with having Jerry Jones running the show. Jones brings in disfunctional players and puts W. Phillips at their head--now thats a winning combination if I ever heard one. If Romo is serious about his career--he ought to leave Dallas.

Manning(s) and Brady are a case study in a team that does it right. You don't make it as a QB in the NFL coming out of college being an average player. So there is talent, but its how its used and who you have to support it. Some QBs have more talent then others-true, but without a solid line or other assets, your just a name on a roaster.

Seeing what the Rams have done thus far with the team, am pretty sure the brain-trust know what they have in a QB. Easily could have gotten another one at number 2 in the draft or picked up another.

LA Rammer is online now Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by MauiRam View Post
    22. RAMS
    Marc Bulger [/COLOR]..
    Good can serve him motivation for 09! Go Bulger!
    LA RAMMER

It's Jim not Chris
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9HNgqQVHI_8

RamOfDenmark is offline Registered User

I know we all (including me) love to criticise the media usually (and for good reason more often than not!) but I have to say that it seems like a fair ranking to me at this point. There was a time where he was definitely top 10 in the league - but that's a long long time ago and it's only fair to say he has to prove that he still has it to be considered much higher than 20-ish. Look at the names above him, and ask yourself honestly if they aren't better than Bulger at this point for all we know? I only take issue with Edwards & Orton, they are not better than Bulger in my opinion and should be ranked lower, but other than that it looks pretty fair to me.

Bulger to me has looked done for a couple of years, I know it's the O-line's fault that he's been hit so much and that's the reason his play has deteriorated. But the bottomline is that he has also played like crap for quite a while now, when he doesn't get hit within 0.5 second, he thinks that he will and that affects his decisions, it's perfectly understandable but it's not good QB play in the NFL. I sincerely hope that he turns it around (along with the rest of the team) this year - because if he doesn't our rebuilding is probably going to take a while if we have to find and develop a rookie QB until he's good enough. But at this point Marc Bulger is no better than 20-25 among the 32 starting QB's.

Ramer is offline Registered User

I really do think he is flying under the radar. The last 2 season he had no OL. I see Bulger having a hugh year, and back to be considered as a Pro Bowl caliber QB.

laram0 is offline Superbowl MVP

Quote Originally Posted by Ramer View Post
    I really do think he is flying under the radar. The last 2 season he had no OL. I see Bulger having a hugh year, and back to be considered as a Pro Bowl caliber QB.
    Sure we have an improved o-line, on paper. I really hope our o-line is improved but the proof will be shown on the field. So let's say that the o-line has improved, does that automatically make Bulger better? It should but.....

We have a group of no-name receivers that he still has to get comfortable with.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast