Like Tree2Likes
  • 2 Post By lordwhttgr

Thread: Free Agency

lordwhttgr is offline Registered User
    I live in Danville Illinois, I work all over the USA.

Free Agency

Please Rams, don't do anything!!! Free agency is for teams that need spot filled to get better right now. We are not in that group. We need to build great players from the ground up and that comes from the draft. I mean who is out there that we need so bad that we can't wait and see what is available in the draft. In my honest opinion, our Defense is tight and our Offense just needs tweaked to get going. T Austin, Z Stacy and even K Clemens improved through out the year. We beat teams like the Colts, Bears and the Saints. The Rams where the youngest team in the league last year and we reached 7-9. With Sam coming back, I think we can break into the playoffs for the first time in 10 years.

Stay the course, cause it is way more fun that when we had Linehan and watching 1-15 to 3-13 every year!! We don't need those has bens on our team!!!

GO RAMS!!!!
    Buy Season Tickets!!!
    Keep the Rams in St. Louis!!!

Sauceman is offline Registered User

Re: Free Agency

Because all free agents are "has beens", I guess. You sign a top tier talent, or even a middle of the road upgrade that's young, you upgrade your team now and for the future.

Sure, maybe signing a Jared Allen is an "instant upgrade" for 1-2 years, but that's not really who the Rams would target, I would think. I'd say the Rams just didn't want to overpay for talent, but would have been happy to sign Byrd or Verner to a contract they're worth.

RebelYell is offline Registered User

Signing big name free agents means you've likely just paid more for the services of a player than the team that knows the most about him was willing to pay. It's not a recipe for great long-term success. You can pick one off occasionally but to do it every year isn't going to work out well.

lordwhttgr is offline Registered User
    I live in Danville Illinois, I work all over the USA.

First, I never said "all" Free Agents are has bens. The ones out there worth having are going to come at a pretty penny, and that pretty penny can be better spent are raw untapped talent coming out of college. We don't need a D Revis or a R moss who was never happy at his last job and so is looking for a new team to pilfer from. Just as RebelYell said, if these guys are worth the time to spend money on, then their current team would have bent over to keep them.

Second, GO RAMS!!!!

Ram Dragoon is offline Registered User

There are already some "Big names" available in FA, many are salary cap casualties. I am not adverse to the Rams signing 1 or 2 year deals, especially if its a skill position.

However, I am more interested in journeyman players who play a solid game at their position and can add some leadership and depth. I'd like to see more depth at QB. Someone who can push Bradford, and possibly step in and take over if the worst should happen. I remember a guy like K. Warner doing just that; too much to ask for to capture lightning in a bottle twice? I don't thinks so.

As for the Browns and Raiders, great they got the money and they are spending it. With some of their brilliant moves today letting go of some players and going out and getting others, it proves the point, stupid is as stupid does and little wonder why they been bottom feeders for so long.