Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    SFCRamFan is offline Registered User

Re: Which Free Agent would you want?

I think that if Justin Smith wants to leave Cincy, then he would choose the Rams. He went to Mizzou and is from Jefferson City, MO. I would like having him on our D; great motor and attitude!!

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

SJax, a developing quarterbacks best friend...

HUbison is offline Superbowl MVP

Quote Originally Posted by SFCRamFan View Post
    I think that if Justin Smith wants to leave Cincy, then he would choose the Rams. He went to Mizzou and is from Jefferson City, MO. I would like having him on our D; great motor and attitude!!
    Good call, Sarge. Maybe he'll give a little hometown lovin' and sign a local boy discount. I doubt it, but Smith sure would be nice to have around.

A rich man's Wistrom.
    "Before the gates of excellence the high gods have placed sweat; long is the road thereto and rough and steep at first; but when the heights are reached, then there is ease, though grievously hard in the winning." --- Hesiod

RAMMAN68 is offline Registered User

I would take Redding, Holiday, and Harris; I think we would see a great improvement in run defense.
    JUST WIN ONE FOR THE FANS

"HIT HARD, HIT FAST, AND HIT OFTEN"
    Adm. William "Bull" Halsey

RamsDynasty is offline Registered User

I don't watch the Bengal's much but I remember Justin Smith from the draft books when he came out. All I am hearing from you guys is he has a great motor, in that he sounds a lot like Grant Wistrom. Is Justin Smith any noticeably better in any way than Wistrom? Not that I have a major problem w/ Grant he was a very high character high energy guy BUT as the #6 guy in the draft was never a dominating force. If I was going to add something to this team I would want a force to be reckoned with. Which is why I would prefer Freeny over Smith. Smith seems to be a high motor good at lots of things but not great at any. While Freeny does have some limitations he is an elite pass rusher. IMHO the Rams shouldn't try to stock the team w/ stop gaps but really needs more elite players on the Defense. Freeny is elite so I would prefer him.

Krush is offline Registered User

Kabeer Gbaja-Biamila is the player that'd I'd love to see the St. Louis Rams show interest in if he hits the market. There seems to be a lot of Linebackers hitting the market, too. It'd be nice if we could sign some skilled players at that position and get a rotation with who we have now. One player that comes to mine is Shaun Phillips from San Diego, but with the year he's having, I wouldn't be suprised if the Chargers re-sign him. We would have to give up some kind of compensation, but I wouldn't mind doing that for a player like Shaun Phillips.

Nick is offline Superbowl MVP

Quote Originally Posted by RamsDynasty View Post
    If I was going to add something to this team I would want a force to be reckoned with. Which is why I would prefer Freeny over Smith.
    Smith is, in my opinion, a much more well rounded player (not better, but more well rounded) than Freeney, who is essentially an amazing speed rusher but is going to struggle at times against the run. I believe Smith defends both well, and while he's not the amazing pass rusher that Freeney is, he's talented at getting to the QB and is going to give you a lot more in the run department as well. Maybe he hasn't lived up to what you'd think a fourth overall player should be, but he's certainly a very important and productive cog in the Bengals' defensive unit.

Furthermore, we already have one speed rusher in Little. Adding a second, a highly paid one at that, either means he's a very expensive part of a rotation or we're getting burned for huge gains by draw plays all year as our two defensive ends overpursue themselves out of the play. Thanks but no thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by Krush View Post
    Kabeer Gbaja-Biamila is the player that'd I'd love to see the St. Louis Rams show interest in if he hits the market. There seems to be a lot of Linebackers hitting the market, too. It'd be nice if we could sign some skilled players at that position and get a rotation with who we have now. One player that comes to mine is Shaun Phillips from San Diego, but with the year he's having, I wouldn't be suprised if the Chargers re-sign him. We would have to give up some kind of compensation, but I wouldn't mind doing that for a player like Shaun Phillips.
    Well to start, NFLPA says KGB is signed until 2009. But if he were to hit the market, again I don't see a reason to be interested. KGB strikes me as a strict pass rusher who isn't going to hold much ground at all against the run. Yes, we need to improve our pass rush but we also have a pretty shoddy run defense as well, and that's not going to improve by signing guys like KGB who are rather one dimensional.

As for Phillips, unless we're switching to the 3-4, I don't see the Rams being able to get the best out of his talents. He was a DE prospect coming into the league and excels in the 3-4 where he can rush the passer from the OLB position. Also consider that he's been playing in San Diego's 3-4 alignment for three years now, so making the transition to a 4-3 OLB is going to be a pretty big project IMO.
    ClanRam ModCast: Episode Two
    Rams Discussion Right at Your Fingertips!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12