Results 1 to 3 of 3
Thread: Friday Afternoon--Wagoner
Friday, December 9, 2005
- Cornerback Travis Fisher's status doesn't look good. He is officially out this week because of a severe pull and slight tear in his groin. It's beginning to look more and more like Fisher will be out for the rest of this season. He said Friday that he isn't getting any better and he might need surgery if it doesn't start showing signs of progress. Obviously, Fisher struggled some when he was in earlier in the year and it was as we all suspected; he was trying to play through pain to help cover for the absence of his friend and teammate Jerametrius Butler. Fisher can still be a good corner in this league, he just needs to stop having such bad luck with injuries.
- Strong safety Adam Archuleta is a full go this weekend. He practiced all week and is ready to get back on the field.
- One development for a rookie that has gone overlooked....fullback Madison Hedgecock. The kid just quietly goes about his business and has gotten better every week. He could one day soon be the perfect hammer to set up Steven Jackson.
- Speaking of Jackson, well you all heard him, give him the ball. Thankfully Steven stopped a word short or he might have owed Keyshawn Johnson some sort of royalties.
- Ryan Fitzpatrick has a tall order on hand this weekend. It will be loud in the MetroDome and the Vikings defense is playing really well right now.
- On the bright side, defensive tackle Kevin Williams is doubtful and unlikely to play. Minnesota makes up for that with Pat Williams, a ridiculously large mountain of a man that has plenty of gas left in the tank.
- Darren Sharper is doing a nice job at safety for the Vikings, making plays consistently. Of all the former Green Bay defensive backs the Rams could have gone after in the offseason, Sharper would definitely have been the most help.
- Brad Johnson isn't an MVP candidate or anything and he shouldn't be, but he is doing a good job of managing the game and making plays when the Vikings need him to. Most important, he isn't turning the ball over at an amazing rate like Daunte Culpepper was.
- Is that the same Koren Robinson that led the league in dropped passes when he was with Seattle? They look similar, but this one seems to be making big plays more consistently.
- Be sure to check in this weekend for complete game coverage from Minnesota as well as my postgame thoughts in this very space. Have a good weekend everyone.
Re: Friday Afternoon--Wagoner
Who cares what wagoner thinks when RamWraith himself will be in attendance on the sideline and in communication with the squad this sunday. Jason, make sure that you are suited up in case we get more injuries in the secondary. I KNOW that you can tackle better than many of the guys we have running around back there.
ramming speed to all, keep ike and sign big grease,
-12-10-2005 #3CanadianRam! Guest
Re: Friday Afternoon--Wagoner
Well Arch should help us this week
you can't tackle any worse than Jerome Carter did last week!