Friday, December 30, 2005
- The Rams signed linebacker Trev Faulk and offensive lineman Ben Noll to one-year contract extensions Friday. Those deals should allow the Rams to continue to develop those players and get another look at them.
- I like the signing of Faulk. He has played pretty well as the starter the last few weeks and he continues to improve. He doesn't do anything special athletically, but he plays hard on every down and understands the game. He might never be better than an average starter, but his future is intriguing and at the very least he is strong on special teams.
- Noll hasn't gotten much of an opportunity, but the Rams are high on him and his potential. They wanted to keep him last year but he was claimed by the Cowboys. He was good in that training camp and has showed signs of having a good future in the league. He's worth keeping around to get a long look at with the interior line getting up there in age (aside from Claude Terrell).
- Steven Jackson is going to be a gametime decision again this week. He just didn't feel well enough to do much of anything in practice and he might not be ready to go. He played in pain and illness last week, though, so it will take a lot to keep him off the field. He has been downgraded to questionable. Marshall Faulk is really sick and his status will be up in the air until game time too according to interim coach Joe Vitt. If both are down, Arlen Harris will start at running back with Aveion Cason as the backup.
- Continued prayers and thoughts for Jack Snow. He's always been a fighter and he won't go down without a fight this time, either.
- The Rams will hand out their team awards tomorrow. My nominations: Torry Holt for MVP, Alex Barron for Rookie of the Year and Pisa Tinoisamoa for the Spirit award.