throwback week

BfNYC Guest

Friendly and Humble Bills Fan Here...

I want to wish you guys luck in the sense that neither team suffers any injuries, and it is a fun game to watch.

The Bills are improved this year mainly due to Trent Edwards and Marcus Stroud. Marcus has been providing constant pressure. He also stuffs the middle, and even pursues plays down the field. He has played better than almost anybody would have expected.

Is Mark Setterstrom still around? I thought he would be a 3rd or 4th round pick. He looked great in college until the combine. I wanted the Bills to draft him and I felt like you "stole" him in the 7th.
    Also, are there any young players I should watch?

Once again, good luck, and if you have any questions I will try to answer them if I can.

RamsInfiniti is offline Registered User

Re: Friendly and Humble Bills Fan Here...

Quote Originally Posted by BfNYC View Post
    I want to wish you guys luck in the sense that neither team suffers any injuries, and it is a fun game to watch.

The Bills are improved this year mainly due to Trent Edwards and Marcus Stroud. Marcus has been providing constant pressure. He also stuffs the middle, and even pursues plays down the field. He has played better than almost anybody would have expected.

Is Mark Setterstrom still around? I thought he would be a 3rd or 4th round pick. He looked great in college until the combine. I wanted the Bills to draft him and I felt like you "stole" him in the 7th.
    Also, are there any young players I should watch?

Once again, good luck, and if you have any questions I will try to answer them if I can.
    Good to have you around and good luck this weekend ...

Setterstrom is IR'd, for the second consecutive season. He proved to be a more than adequate linemen in 2006 but hasn't stayed on the field much since there ...

We have some productive young guys on our defensive line, including Adam Carriker, Clifton Ryan, and Chris Long. They have been inconsistent, but were very active against the Seahawks ...

Will Witherspoon is our force in the LB corp. He plays all over the field ...

Watch out for WR Donnie Avery this week. He got onto the field for the first time last week and was very explosive anytime he got the ball in his hand. He is one of the fastest players in the league and could make short work of a DB who takes his eyes off of him for a second ...

SJ is still getting in shape, but could cause problems if he gets loose ...

Our secondary is terrible and Edwards should have no problem finding the spots he needs to throw to. Our offense will likely cause our defense to wear down, and Lynch could have a field day ...

Overall, the Bills have a good chance to win this game. If our offense doesn't get off early, it could be a nasty blowout ...

BfNYC Guest

Re: Friendly and Humble Bills Fan Here...

Thanks for the response. I am sorry to hear this about Setterstrom.

Also, how is Pace? I rarely get to watch him but imo, he is the best LT to ever play football and yes, this includes Munoz. The media implies that he isn't the same at this point. Is he hurt?

Looking at the Rams overall makes me think of the Bills. Fans argued about the qb position constantly. Names include Rob Johnson, Flutie, Bledsoe, Losman, Edwards, and others. What I learned from all of this mess was that NO qb can be any good without strong offensive line play. Flutie was an exception because he thrived on broken plays, and was too short to stay in the pocket. I always thought of Bulger as a traditional pocket passer, so a couple of games off might actually not be the worst thing for his future.

You guys seem to have a group of young, talented players. When you fix the OL, it will all come together, or so I think.

Quote Originally Posted by RamsInfiniti View Post
    Good to have you around and good luck this weekend ...

Setterstrom is IR'd, for the second consecutive season. He proved to be a more than adequate linemen in 2006 but hasn't stayed on the field much since there ...

We have some productive young guys on our defensive line, including Adam Carriker, Clifton Ryan, and Chris Long. They have been inconsistent, but were very active against the Seahawks ...

Will Witherspoon is our force in the LB corp. He plays all over the field ...

Watch out for WR Donnie Avery this week. He got onto the field for the first time last week and was very explosive anytime he got the ball in his hand. He is one of the fastest players in the league and could make short work of a DB who takes his eyes off of him for a second ...

SJ is still getting in shape, but could cause problems if he gets loose ...

Our secondary is terrible and Edwards should have no problem finding the spots he needs to throw to. Our offense will likely cause our defense to wear down, and Lynch could have a field day ...

Overall, the Bills have a good chance to win this game. If our offense doesn't get off early, it could be a nasty blowout ...