Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    LaRamsFanLongTime is offline Registered User

Frustration mounts

So last week I got pretty excited when I heard Sam Adams visited the Rams. I however could not find any source that confirmed this and chalk it up to an error on the NFL network news bar. Which has made mistakes by putting the wrong team emblem up before a story. Anyways to my point whether he visited or did not visit we have failed to sign the best FA defensive tackle, the TEAMS BIGGEST NEED!!!!!!!! Maybe Im wrong but in todays NFL its not, well you know I visited with the Rams and I just did not like where their defensive program was going. It's more like, you gonna pay me??? In this case The Rams should have said yes we will pay you we need you thank you football gods for letting you become available.Instead Sam is a Bronco, Oh well. I'm very sour at the defensive side of the off-season so far. I think the Rams have pulled the wool over eyes again (pun intended) with flashy offensive aquisitions yet very little on the other side. I want proven veteran FA's on the defensive side of the ball. Rookie DE's are nice but you never know if they will be good or not Sam Adams is good we know this. ACK @#!%#!^%$#*&^%$ thats how I feel right now. I dont want to see this team score 30 points a game in losing efforts again this year.

LET'S GO DODGERS

RebelYell is offline Registered User

Re: Frustration mounts

If Sam Adams is so great, why does he keep getting cut?

Goldenfleece is offline Registered User

I understand where you're coming from, LARamsFan, but there were some red flags here. Adams was released after only one season with the Bengals, raised questions about his conditioning while he was with them, will be 34 years old next month, and is recovering from offseason knee surgery. He might have been the best free agent out there, but there really wasn't much talent in the DT free agency pool this year.

LaRamsFanLongTime is offline Registered User

Then it should have been real cheap to get him. He has to be better then the interior we have now? Its not really just the sam adams thing its the whole off-season defensive side of the ball. It seems they did very little so far.
    LET'S GO DODGERS

RAMarkable is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by LaRamsFanLongTime View Post
    So last week I got pretty excited when I heard Sam Adams visited the Rams. I however could not find any source that confirmed this and chalk it up to an error on the NFL network news bar. Which has made mistakes by putting the wrong team emblem up before a story. Anyways to my point whether he visited or did not visit we have failed to sign the best FA defensive tackle, the TEAMS BIGGEST NEED!!!!!!!! Maybe Im wrong but in todays NFL its not, well you know I visited with the Rams and I just did not like where their defensive program was going. It's more like, you gonna pay me??? In this case The Rams should have said yes we will pay you we need you thank you football gods for letting you become available.Instead Sam is a Bronco, Oh well. I'm very sour at the defensive side of the off-season so far. I think the Rams have pulled the wool over eyes again (pun intended) with flashy offensive aquisitions yet very little on the other side. I want proven veteran FA's on the defensive side of the ball. Rookie DE's are nice but you never know if they will be good or not Sam Adams is good we know this. ACK @#!%#!^%$#*&^%$ thats how I feel right now. I dont want to see this team score 30 points a game in losing efforts again this year.
    Good post, LRFLT. I agree with everything mentioned. You'd think after last year's debacle of passing on Grady Jackson (Too fat, Too old, etc.) that the Rams would learn that none of these big run stopping Dt's ever "look good" in the offseason. I mean who really cares? The question should be, when the games count is this guy going to be able to help stop the run? We heard all of the same excuses last year and ended up signing a used up and over-the-hill Jason Fisk to play NT: and the rest, as they say, is just bleak history. Folks, S. Adams could have been a great help to A. Carriker on the nuances of NFL interior line play. He could have easily given us 20 - 25 snaps per game of quality D. tackle play. Now the Rams are stuck (yet again) hoping that Jimmy "Dead" Kennedy will actually do something this year to help the team. Or that our rookie Carriker grows up in a hurry. None of this needed to happen. And I better not hear that it was another concern over money that Adams is not a Ram!! Color me disgusted!

WHAT SAY YE?

tomahawk247 is online now Registered User

why dont we bring in Tony Siragusa as well? he is still fat

helorm341 is offline Registered User

This guy had to have been pretty cheap, he's old and out of shape apparently. He's visited a few teams before us already, dont you think theres a reason he hasn't been signed already?

I'm sick of hearing about Adams like he's going to be our saviour. Since he was probably cheap enough and If he was an actually an upgrade dont you think he would be signed by now? We bought him in for a visit, if we had no chance of signing him he wouldn't of had a visit at this point in the offseason. I think it's a much more likely scenario that he just wasn't an upgrade or he was too out of shape.

RebelYell is offline Registered User

This rant reminds me of Brian McKenna ranting one day that the Rams did absolutely nothing to upgrade the defensive line. The co-host says what about Charriker? Well sure he's going to be solid but I'm not counting that.

What about James Hall? Well sure but I can't count that.

So the team got two new starters out of four and you think they haven't done anything? Well they didn't sign a fat guy.

Krames41 is offline Registered User

If Adam was/is going to be an impact player don't you think he would have been signed by someone before June?

Quote Originally Posted by helorm341 View Post
    This guy had to have been pretty cheap, he's old and out of shape apparently. He's visited a few teams before us already, dont you think theres a reason he hasn't been signed already?

I'm sick of hearing about Adams like he's going to be our saviour. Since he was probably cheap enough and If he was an actually an upgrade dont you think he would be signed by now?
    Um, he was signed by Denver yesterday. As to your other points let me deal with them also:
    1.) So he's "old and out of shape", he's still more of a player at this point than "Dead" Kennedy ever will be. Besides I already addressed the issue of older DTs not looking in shape in the offseason.

2.) No one has ever stated that Adams was to be our "saviour", that's why I only advocated a one year deal. This would have allowed the kids like Carriker and Wroten, and maybe even Ryan and Jackson the time to develop instead of being thrown to the wolves before they're ready.

3.) I agree that Adams was probably "pretty cheap", so why didn't we sign him at or near the vet minimum? Seemed like a no lose situation to me.

WHAT SAY YE?

Goldenfleece is offline Registered User

I'll agree with you totally that Adams is still a better player than Kennedy. If it was just about the money, I'd have to say I'd be pretty disappointed in the front office for not getting it done. But I think the real question here is whether the Sam Adams situation was like the "debacle of passing on Grady Jackson" or "signing a used up and over-the-hill Jason Fisk". Adams is the same age Fisk was last year, but Adams has actually played two more years than Fisk had when we signed him. If he starts and plays well for Denver while our line struggles yet again, I'll certainly remember this opportunity, but I'd like to think that the reason we didn't sign him was because the Rams just didn't believe he had anything left.

Quote Originally Posted by Goldenfleece View Post
    I'll agree with you totally that Adams is still a better player than Kennedy. If it was just about the money, I'd have to say I'd be pretty disappointed in the front office for not getting it done. But I think the real question here is whether the Sam Adams situation was like the "debacle of passing on Grady Jackson" or "signing a used up and over-the-hill Jason Fisk". Adams is the same age Fisk was last year, but Adams has actually played two more years than Fisk had when we signed him. If he starts and plays well for Denver while our line struggles yet again, I'll certainly remember this opportunity, but I'd like to think that the reason we didn't sign him was because the Rams just didn't believe he had anything left.
    Well, I guess we'll just have to wait and see. Actually I'm kinda hoping that you are correct in your assessment here, as it will help to quell any more-let's just say- heated responses from me on this issue.
    BTW what part of Arkansas are ya'll from? And do you also follow the Hogs (silly question I know, but I had to ask!!).

WHAT SAY YE?

blood85 is offline Registered User

I think we've done "some" work on the defensive side, whether they will be impact players remains to be seen. I think the rams did the best they could based on what was available and still remain under the salary cap. I too wish the defense received more help. We'll just have to wait and see.

helorm341 is offline Registered User

Um, he was signed by Denver yesterday. As to your other points let me deal with them also:
    1.) So he's "old and out of shape", he's still more of a player at this point than "Dead" Kennedy ever will be. Besides I already addressed the issue of older DTs not looking in shape in the offseason.

2.) No one has ever stated that Adams was to be our "saviour", that's why I only advocated a one year deal. This would have allowed the kids like Carriker and Wroten, and maybe even Ryan and Jackson the time to develop instead of being thrown to the wolves before they're ready.

3.) I agree that Adams was probably "pretty cheap", so why didn't we sign him at or near the vet minimum? Seemed like a no lose situation to me.

WHAT SAY YE?
    I saw that about 30 minutes after I posted, I can't keep up with every free agent happening :x.

I still don't think he woul dhave been a real upgrade for the rams or they would have signed him. He's just an aged vet that was never really a star so I dont see how good he can be now.

I didn't mean someone actually called him aa saviour but they sure acted like it. I saw threads here and on other boards for two weeks of people just clamoring for him like he was something special. I didn't understand it then and I don't now. My opinion still isn't changed even now that Denver has signed him. Also this isn't baseball, I dont think throwing our rookies in there is going to hurt them, it can only make them better.

I'm not sure this was a no lose situation. He takes up a spot on the roster, I'm not sure how full we are but there was a couple day two rookies in the draft this year that I'd like to see in camp battles next year and not cut to make room for Adams. Also, spending money on someone that isnt an upgrade(which the coaches had to think he wasn't) is a loss any way you look at it.

I hate Kennedy as well but I dont think Adams was ever the answer. We still have time to make a trade/signing too.

tomahawk247 is online now Registered User

i would rather sign Kendrick Clancy, who was recently released by the Cards in a money saving move

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast