39thebeast is offline Registered User

Full of potential

Sam Bradford was unleashed this game even though Shurmur put him back in his cage later in the game. Just looking at the offense and the young guys who are starting to shine i think it is 2 maybe 3 starters away from being a legit top ten offense. DX healthy IMO can be a legit starting wideout same goes with Oh-Oh as an all around TE. You still have Bajema next year blocking and Fendi comes back with more football knowledge to go along with the off the charts athleticism. You have Amendola IMO hard to name 5 better slot receivers. You still have Gibson, Gillyard, and also Avery coming back from injury under contract. Those guys wont be top 3 receiving options like they are now, but young depth guys. Saffold and Smith are book end tackles. Jason Brown is a pretty good interior lineman. Foster and Fraley provide decent depth. S-Jax still has some in the tank, but could use a backup to groom as his successor.

We need at least 2 new starters. At least 1 new guard because Goldberg is a FA and is always getting pushed back. Bell solid pass blocker doesn't get alot of push in the run game if you could work around his big contract you might want to replace him also. A big Mauling RG would really help the run game. Also another receiver opposite DX could be found in this offseason which is stacked in both Free Agency and the Draft. Get at least 1 guard and at least 1 receiver I think it would be tough to find a whole on this offense when healthy.

sosa39rams is offline Registered User

Re: Full of potential

I think we should definently sign Guard Carl Nicks OG from the saints this year. He is a power blocker and is nothing short of solid. He would definently solidify our run game.

Then I think we should go after Sidney Rice WR from the Vikings. He makes big plays, hes a big receiver, and a pro bowler. He had a hip injury but looks to be fine.

With these 2 we could easily make the playoffs. And remember, we haven't even mentioned the draft yet.

BrokenWing is offline Registered User

I like both these ideas.

sosa39rams is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by BrokenWing View Post
    I like both these ideas.
    Good. If we follow that strategy, we can draft a defensive player, maybe someone like DE Robert Quinn. He and Long would be a terror.

C-Mob 71 is offline Registered User

Picking up a WR and G in free agency would really solidify our offense, leaving the draft to address our defense and help our front seven get younger.

Freddie and Hall have been playing great, but we can realistically only milk them for another year or hopefully two.

Don't get me started on the OLBs, lets just say they leave a lot to be desired, even though Diggs had a great game today.

And even though our DBs have been getting burned late lately, I think we have a lot of potential back there. That said, I would love to upgrade the SS position. Seeing Craig Dahl out there just makes me shake my head.

shower beers is offline Registered User

Clayton, Alexander, Avery and Amendola doesn't sound bad as a group next year. I'm not entirely convinced a big time WR is our number one priority this off season. They'll have to prove they can stay on the field though, which may be a good counter to my own argument.