allrams11 is offline Registered User

Angry Fumbled snap against Seattle! ARRGGHHH!!!

Did anyone watch the game on Sunday? If you did, you would be screaming at Gus Ferrotte in your mind right now. He fumbled the snap on 4th and Goal on the half yard line with 30 seconds left in the game. The snap was good too, so don't give me that.
    Last edited by allrams11; -11-27-2007 at 10:44 PM.

rammiser is offline Registered User

Re: Fumbled snap against Seattle! ARRGGHHH!!!

Quote Originally Posted by allrams11 View Post
    Did anyone watch the game on Sunday? If you did, you would be screaming at Gus Ferrotte in your mind right now. He fumbled the snap on 4th and Goal on the half yard line with 30 seconds left in the game. The snap was good too, so don't give me that.

We're 2-9, I'm more worried why everyone seems to want to keep Linny around. It must be his great number of wins vs winning teams or his great second half game planning.
    Just Fix It

TekeRam is offline Registered User

I second Rammiser. Crap happens, especially when you're on your backup QB who only takes limited snaps and is in a very stressful moment. Who's to say they wouldn't have stuffed Jax even if the play hadn't broken? They knew he was running it. That's one of the few 4th down situations I think it's a good idea to throw off play action.

I blame Linehan more than Gus.

Fat Pang is offline Registered User

I blame Linehan too. Sheesh, what a lame-ass. Just think, if only we got rid of him we'd be beating every team above .500 with ease. I mean, look at how stacked we are with pro-bowlers and look at the depth on defence. Linehans drafts have been utter bilge of course, way out of line with the proud draft history of our franchise but we still have one of the best rosters in the NFL.

Frerotte was Linehans guy, so naturally Linehan must be to blame. To follow a line of argument used elsewhere, I'd run up the white flag right now, pull Bulger, fire Frerotte, bench Jackson and use second-stringers and street FA's on the line. (Oh wait, we're already doing that on the line) We should just give up and make sure we get that #1 pick because that will guarantee us the playoffs next season folks. All we need is a LONG-shot of whatever description and we'd be there.

Its a no-lose situation. If we drop eight games next season its just rinse and repeat and get the #1 pick that year as well. With Linehan gone, we can get Marty or Bill and if they stink the place up we can say its a rebuilding job and they've got three years. New HC's have no business in the NFL, there's a continous line of old HC's who are going to be kept in Cryogenic stasis for situations just like these. (George Allen didn't die of Gatorade induced pneumonia, it was Cryogenic fluid)

Its as simple as ABC ; get rid of that Losehan schmuck and his staff, fire Frerotte, break out an 'experienced' HC and watch our squad of pro-bowlers trample all over the NFL.

Right?

Right????

Tony Soprano is offline Registered User

Pang may be onto something. If they err and Keep Linehan around coupled with the fact Bulger is likely to be in traction - the Number 1 pick in the Draft in 2009 is a strong possibility.

RealRam is offline Registered User

Back to Allrams11 post, yes, I saw the game on Sunday and most of us here are dismayed and disappointed beyond belief with that last play of ours. Indeed ... ARRGGHHH!!!

...Sad to think this will be one of those truly infamous plays that remains in the Rams Hall of Shame of the Diehard Fan's memory bank but every team has its own little collection of blunders and 'ignominious instances'. **Sigh**

Allrams, Welcome to the Clan! :bash:

tomahawk247 is offline Registered User

i was disappointed that we didnt win the game

but after thinking about it, i realised that i would prefer to lose it and rebuild for next year. even if we somehow got in the playoffs, we would just get embarrassed by a better team.

i can only seeing us winning against atlanta and arizona, and even those arent assured with our current offence. especially if bulger misses more time.

laram0 is offline Superbowl MVP

Quote Originally Posted by TekeRam View Post
    I second Rammiser. Crap happens, especially when you're on your backup QB who only takes limited snaps and is in a very stressful moment. Who's to say they wouldn't have stuffed Jax even if the play hadn't broken? They knew he was running it. That's one of the few 4th down situations I think it's a good idea to throw off play action.

I blame Linehan more than Gus.
    You mentioned the backup QB but forgot about the backup o-lineman, how ever many were on the field for that play. Was it 2, 3 or maybe 4?

So what should have been done? Play action when we weren't running the ball effectively....wait I forgot Jackson did break a 50 some odd yard run in the beginning of the game when we caught the Seahawks blitzing? (another terrible call by the OC or HC whomever made that call)

Varg6 is offline Registered User

I was just upset (more upset than the other losses) because it was against Seattle. That is the one team I hate more than any other team, and I can't stand Hasselbeck and his stupid smirks and just his cocky attitude towards himself. He acts as if he's God's gift to the people of the world and I hate it and his stupid bald head. And Holmgren is a great coach, but I hate him now too because he coaches that team!! Rawr...post frustration!

Always and Forever a fan of the St. Louis Rams