throwback week



Results 1 to 8 of 8

Thread: Funny The Rams,

  1. #1
    LA Rammer's Avatar
    LA Rammer is offline Registered User
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    Wilmington, CA
    Age
    44
    Posts
    2,811
    Rep Power
    39

    Funny The Rams,

    Funny The Los Angeles Rams, Chargers, Angels, and Dodgers once played in the Los Angeles Memorial Coliseum.

    LA RAMMER

    It's Jim not Chris
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9HNgqQVHI_8

  2. #2
    RAMFANRAIDERHATER's Avatar
    RAMFANRAIDERHATER is offline Registered User
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    Surf City USA
    Age
    61
    Posts
    2,386
    Rep Power
    58

    Re: Funny The Rams,

    Quote Originally Posted by LA Rammer View Post
    Funny The Los Angeles Rams, Chargers, Angels, and Dodgers once played in the Los Angeles Memorial Coliseum.
    I'm old enough to have seen both the Dodgers and Rams play in the LA coliseum, and I know the Chargers played there in 1960, but I don't believe the Angels ever played there. They started out at Wrigley Field in South Central in 1962, then moved to Chavez Ravine (Dodger Stadium) until 1965, then moved to Anaheim in 1966.
    Faithful Rams fan since 1968

  3. #3
    LA Rammer's Avatar
    LA Rammer is offline Registered User
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    Wilmington, CA
    Age
    44
    Posts
    2,811
    Rep Power
    39

    Re: Funny The Rams,

    You are right! Wow thought I read that somewhere. Anyways the Angels played that inaugural 1961 season at Wrigley Field in South Los Angeles, then they played thier home games in Dodger Stadium (Chavez Ravine) 1962. Way before my time!

    Our Rams played in the LA Coliseum 1946-1979
    and Chargers only in 1960
    LA RAMMER

    It's Jim not Chris
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9HNgqQVHI_8

  4. #4
    LA Rammer's Avatar
    LA Rammer is offline Registered User
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    Wilmington, CA
    Age
    44
    Posts
    2,811
    Rep Power
    39

    Re: Funny The Rams,

    How the Chargers got thier name:
    Barron Hilton agreed after his general manager, Frank Ready picked the Chargers name when he purchased an AFL franchise for Los Angeles. “I liked it because they were yelling ‘charge’ and sounding the bugle at Dodgers Stadium and at USC games.”

    In 1960 The Chargers were 10-4
    Our Rams were 4 - 7 - 1 Ouch!

    First time we ever played regular season we won at the Coliseum 37-10 in 1970 the very year I was born!

    My son was born this year. Do I sense Déjà vu?
    Last edited by LA Rammer; -10-25-2006 at 01:29 AM. Reason: typo
    LA RAMMER

    It's Jim not Chris
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9HNgqQVHI_8

  5. #5
    RAMMAN68's Avatar
    RAMMAN68 is offline Registered User
    Join Date
    May 2004
    Location
    Escondido, CA
    Age
    46
    Posts
    2,714
    Rep Power
    15

    Re: Funny The Rams,

    My first NFL game was RAMS vs ****** in 74' (dam I feel old) in the Los Angeles Memorial Coliseum.

    First time we ever played regular season we won at the Coliseum 37-10 in 1970 the very year I was born!

    My son was born this year. Do I sense Déjà vu?
    Haven't I heard that somewhere before? I hope your right LARammer.
    JUST WIN ONE FOR THE FANS


    "HIT HARD, HIT FAST, AND HIT OFTEN"
    Adm. William "Bull" Halsey

  6. #6
    laram0's Avatar
    laram0 is offline Superbowl MVP
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    Massachusetts
    Age
    57
    Posts
    9,312
    Rep Power
    109

    Re: Funny The Rams,

    Quote Originally Posted by LA Rammer View Post
    How the Chargers got thier name:
    Barron Hilton agreed after his general manager, Frank Ready picked the Chargers name when he purchased an AFL franchise for Los Angeles. “I liked it because they were yelling ‘charge’ and sounding the bugle at Dodgers Stadium and at USC games.”

    In 1960 The Chargers were 10-4
    Our Rams were 4 - 7 - 1 Ouch!

    First time we ever played regular season we won at the Coliseum 37-10 in 1970 the very year I was born!

    My son was born this year. Do I sense Déjà vu?
    So it's a lock! Time to call the bet in.

  7. #7
    thedaws Guest

    Re: Funny The Rams,

    Quote Originally Posted by LA Rammer View Post
    Funny The Los Angeles Rams, Chargers, Angels, and Dodgers once played in the Los Angeles Memorial Coliseum.
    The Angels played at Wrigley Field Los Angeles, Dodger Stadium, and Anaheim
    Stadium.

    Daws

  8. #8
    ramsanddodgers's Avatar
    ramsanddodgers is online now Registered User
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    Arroyo Grande, CA
    Age
    58
    Posts
    2,274
    Rep Power
    51

    Re: Funny The Rams,

    Quote Originally Posted by RAMMAN68 View Post
    My first NFL game was RAMS vs ****** in 74' (dam I feel old) in the Los Angeles Memorial Coliseum.
    YOU feel old? I graduated High School in 1974....
    RnD

    GO RAMS!!

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •