RamWraith is offline Registered User

A funny take on our free agents.

During the off season:

Bennett--got all the press, greatest show on turf is back. The great white hope. Now people are wondering why we didn't put more effort into Curtis and Bennett has been a gimp most of the year.

D. Hall--Going to turn out special teams around, give us all hope in our return game. He has been productive put we haven't been able to capitalize on much of his work.

J. Hall--Add another pass threat from the end position. A good compliment to Little. Both players have been absent all year.

D. Jones--What the hell are we doing picking up this guy. He sucks, biggest mistake of Linehans career. We should have re-signed the old fart!!Jones leads the league in punting average at 50.6 yards. And has been nothing short of stellar. He might be our only pro-bowl entrant!

jkramsfan is offline Registered User

Re: A funny take on our free agents.

well that pretty much tells you what kind of season we are having when your punter is playing the best of all your off season transactions.to me Bennett has been a hugh disappointment for the money he received.

laram0 is offline Superbowl MVP

Bennett hasn't been healthy all season. I am disappointed with him maybe unfairly though.

BigGameMN is offline Registered User

Bennett has been a huge bust so far. This guy doesn't even know when he's supposed to be on the field! That has nothing to do with injury. Last week on several occasions Hall had to get his attention and inform him he was supposed to be on the field.

TN fans tried to warn me that he was super over-rated but I didn't buy it. That is one signing I would love for us to have back.

tomahawk247 is offline Registered User

The thing is, Curtis hasnt been too much better than Bennett, Curtis was just lucky he got to play against Detroit...

Thats my story and im sticking to it

RamOfDenmark is offline Registered User

I wanted to keep Curtis over Bennett all along, but I'm surprised Bennett hasn't done more than he has - he looked pretty good for the Titans. But the problem is we just haven't got that speed guy on offense, Curtis was our new Hakim in our attempt to rebuild the GSOT. What receiver do we have that we can send downfield and plain outrun everyone for the homerun ball? No one.

I didn't really know anything about D. Jones beforehand and didn't really have any expectations - but he certainly exceeded my expectations anyway . He looks like a pro bowler out there.

Guam rammer is offline Registered User

I still like Bennette and think he is a victim of a system that doesnt know how to maximize player skills. He didnt just have one good year in Tennesse, He had a couple and was regarded as one of the best offseason pickups in free agent recievers. Randy McMichael? same thing. Good hands, good blocking TE, and best production in the endzone Miami has had for a couple of years. Why does that all that change when they get here? Hmmmm!

Guam rammer is offline Registered User

I'll take Bennette over Curtis any day. Fast guys get slow after a couple of years or couple of big hits. Tall guys don't start to shrink until like 50's.

GSOT is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by RamWraith View Post
    During the off season:

Bennett--got all the press, greatest show on turf is back. The great white hope. Now people are wondering why we didn't put more effort into Curtis and Bennett has been a gimp most of the year.

D. Hall--Going to turn out special teams around, give us all hope in our return game. He has been productive put we haven't been able to capitalize on much of his work.

J. Hall--Add another pass threat from the end position. A good compliment to Little. Both players have been absent all year.

D. Jones--What the hell are we doing picking up this guy. He sucks, biggest mistake of Linehans career. We should have re-signed the old fart!!Jones leads the league in punting average at 50.6 yards. And has been nothing short of stellar. He might be our only pro-bowl entrant!

I don't think this is something you really need to bring race into.