Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Re: Furrey ........... no more

its called defending your turf

tanus is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by LaRamsFanLongTime View Post
    Finally the validation that has been needed in my life. Thank you Thank you!!!!

What is up with this new breed of bitter little posters. Everything is so angry and on the edge. The Rome Clones are growing.

Its kind of a stupid thing to do vs your old team when everyone else is showing class and respect. His numbers truly spoke for themselves he could have left it at that . Not really that big of a deal though.The second TD he searched out the logo then threw the ball at it. He will not get to play against Fisher every week so I guess this was his break out game so all the attention he could get he tried to get.
    You're welcome. After all, I am here to help!

I've been here for quite some time and I've always been the same way. I think this topic is being so overblown it's ridiculous. It wasn't like he did something out of the ordinary or something we haven't seen before. He threw the ball against the wall. Wow. Turn on Sportscenter and you will see the same exact celebration numerous times every week during the season.

It's quite funny that Furrey is being labelled as a "cast away" receiver. I don't really get that at all. Sure, he was let go from us but we have arguably the deepest WR core in the league. If you look at the guys that were above him, it is more about their other contributions than anything else. McDonald has punt return skills, and Looker is the holder for Wilkins.

It is quite humorous that you guys are going off about class and respect then you go right on and diss the guy. Hello Pot...
    Last edited by tanus; -10-02-2006 at 02:36 PM. Reason: spelling

but but .......... I never at ANY point dissed the guy as you say.

I said it was uncool what he did. He took a shot at the Rams. You want to let that go fine, just stop complaining when other dont.

anyway, its about time we had a litle fire going here

tanus is offline Registered User

Once again, glad I could help Dez.

And I'll admit, most of the time I speak in generalizations. That is mostly due to the fact that I am way too lazy to point out every single poster by name.

no worries, I am in a fiesty mood since coming back off holiday ....... and having to take some time off work LOL

RAMFANRAIDERHATER is offline Registered User

I witnessed what Furrey did, as it was happening. Thought it was pretty funny, actually. Some of you guys get so riled up over much of nothing.

It's a game of emotion, and he got a little emotional. So what? If the Rams had a problem with it, like jkramsfan said; "play some defense" and shut him up. ...and if you can't, deal with it.

Respect? Come on... Now you're starting to sound like a head-buttin' frenchmen at a soccer game. Please.
    Faithful Rams fan since 1968

HUbison is offline Superbowl MVP

So, here's my question....if a trade was announced that brought Furrey back here, and he put up a pair of TDs next Sunday while throwing the ball into a Packer sign......would any of us make a stink about it?

I'm guessing probably not.

It's debatable whether any of these guys should even be accountable to the fans in seeking their approval, but assuming that is the case.....it's the Detroit fans he has to please now. And I'll just bet Lions fans aren't displeased. They lost the game so they can't be too happy, but I doubt they're upset about Furrey.
    "Before the gates of excellence the high gods have placed sweat; long is the road thereto and rough and steep at first; but when the heights are reached, then there is ease, though grievously hard in the winning." --- Hesiod

letsgoramz is offline Registered User

Man I gotta see this game can someone upload
    Torry Holt Dont play that

LaRamsFanLongTime is offline Registered User

So, here's my question....if a trade was announced that brought Furrey back here, and he put up a pair of TDs next Sunday while throwing the ball into a Packer sign......would any of us make a stink about it?
    If he was a former Packer and did that I could see a few unhappy fans. It was a minor offense I will probably leave him off my x-mas card mailer this year and then re-instate him next year. Then again I think he served his time in Jail after realizing that his Td's would not be enough to overthrow Martz original project.
    LET'S GO DODGERS

jkramsfan is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by RamDez View Post
    its called defending your turf
    defending your turf,are they playing football or doing a remake of Grease.

RAMFANRAIDERHATER is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by jkramsfan View Post
    defending your turf,are they playing football or doing a remake of Grease.
    ...thanks jk, now I've got to clean up the coffee I just sprayed across my monitor.

Too funny man, too funny.
    Faithful Rams fan since 1968

RamFan_Til_I_Die is offline Registered User

When TO was a niner and took the ball and ran to midfield in Dallas and slammed it on the star, one of the cowboys knocked him on his ass. The media, fans and league in general called him arrogant, disrespectful, etc. What Furrey did was the same thing, except the media was always looking for an excuse to hate TO, so they blew it out of proportion.

Furrey is a borderline nobody at this point, so no one really said anything. The whole Lions team was fired up to seek revenge for Martz; Furrey just chose to display his passion in a different way. He was having a career day in a game that probably mattered more to him than any game in his career. Was Furrey being ann ass purposely dissing his ex team who he felt did him and Martz wrong? Yep, but I guess in the heat of the battle it was just his way of saying, "Yeah you cut me and guess what? I'm smoking your D all day. What do you think of me now?"

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123