Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree9Likes

Thread: FWIW: Inside Info on Rams thinking

THOLTFAN81 is offline Registered User

FWIW: Inside Info on Rams thinking

As you all may or may not already know, i have family connected to Billy Devaney. Remember, though it resulted in nothing i told you guys Billy D was visiting Vick in prison before ESPN even leaked it. Well I got some more inside information on the rams organization today. Some interesting stuff. Apparently, the Rams are going to give Devaney one more year to bring in some more talent. However, Spags is on the list of people to be fired. Whether that is now, or at seasons end remains to be seen.

Bottomline: Baring something unforeseen, Billy D will remain here, and Spags will be fired. You heard it here first. I'm happy w this outcome cause I want Spags gone more than I want Billy gone. I do enjoy having this connection.

You guys can take this however you want , I won't lose any sleep if you don't believe me. But you guys are my Ram family, and I love keeping you guys informed. After 759 posts I think I've developed some clout and have zero reason to lie.

sosa39rams is online now Registered User

Re: FWIW: Inside Info on Rams thinking

Very interesting, but a huge blow. I guess that means we bring in a new HC which could possibly lead to a new DC? I understand why they would do it (win now league) but Im not even exactly sure where I stand on the topic.

I believe the real question is whether anybody would be open to using a 3-4 defense? If Spags is gone, we will need a new defensive scheme. I don't know whether its a good idea or not. We certainly don't have the players to fit a 3-4.

Though it seems like most of the dominant defenses in the NFL are a 3-4. I think Spags is gone, not sure when. I think we grab a HC with previous experience. I think we ultimately stay in the 4-3.
    Last edited by sosa39rams; -10-16-2011 at 11:38 PM.

Bar-bq is offline Pro Bowl Ram

Thanks for your input.

As always, I'll believe it when I see it
    cfh128 and ManofGod like this.

Agreed on all points. We stay in a 4-3, and our new coach I believe will be a former head coach.

general counsel is online now Registered User

I am frankly more interested in the situation with the offensive coordinator. The idea of sammy having a third system in three years is just awful.

ramming speed to all

general counsel
    ManofGod likes this.

Varg6 is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by general counsel View Post
    I am frankly more interested in the situation with the offensive coordinator. The idea of sammy having a third system in three years is just awful.

ramming speed to all

general counsel
    We can only hope Josh McDaniels stays here and that the next head coach wants to keep him also.

Always and Forever a fan of the St. Louis Rams

NJ Ramsfan1 is offline Registered User

I take you at your word, although much has to happen yet this season and much dust must settle before such a scenario unfolds. It is unusual to fire an NFL football coach in mid-season, although it certainly happens from time to time. Devaney's record is not perfect, but he has upgraded the roster and generally done a decent job with the last two drafts. Several picks are still very much works in progress (Quinn, Pettis, Salas, Kendricks), but each holds promise.

I have officially gotten off the "I support Spags" bus. I understand that yelling and hollering and ripping guys publicly is not the way to go, but I am simply very disenchanted with his approach to a team who I think needs a jolt of energy. His sideline mannerisms, quotes and general demeanor show me a guy who is in over his head. The most damning indictments that will sink Spags, however, are the penalties and general stupidity that plague a team being led by a guy who came in here with a reputation of being one who stresses sound fundamental play.

Very distressing for a guy most of us were thrilled to get as a coach.
    THOLTFAN81 likes this.

AvengerRam is offline Moderator Emeritus

I'm not a fan of the "I know someone on the inside" posts. Anyone, whether they know someone or not, can post such a thread.

Quote Originally Posted by general counsel View Post

ramming speed to all

general counsel
    Fair point. But we can't provide bad coaching simply for this reason. It will all work out in the long run. Can't be much worse than this.

Quote Originally Posted by AvengerRam View Post
    I'm not a fan of the "I know someone on the inside" posts. Anyone, whether they know someone or not, can post such a thread.
    Fair point. That's y I said what I said. Just looking to let you guys know what I heard.

Fastcat is offline Registered User

Id like to see mcd be the hc.... Then we would have the same offense and atleast he has experience....

sosa39rams is online now Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by Fastcat View Post
    Id like to see mcd be the hc.... Then we would have the same offense and atleast he has experience....
    You're kidding right?
    RAMarkable, THOLTFAN81 and cfh128 like this.

macrammer is online now Registered User

Ok, I suppose time will tell. But as I said in another post, for me the new ownership here is the trump card. Get us away from being perennial doormats. Help!!
    THOLTFAN81 likes this.

lordwhttgr is offline Registered User
    I live in Danville Illinois, I work all over the USA.

I hope that Spaggs stays long enough to get a better head coach and maybe keep Spaggs as a DC where he excelled. The melt down in Denver was bad enough for me to never want to see McDaniels as a head coach anywhere.

Goldenfleece is offline Registered User

Interesting how inside sources always seem to share the same opinions as the people who share the inside information.

I'm on the fence about Spagnuolo, but I do hope that he doesn't wind up just being a fall guy. If it was the front office's decision not to get him better receivers and the front office's decision to change up the offensive system by bringing in McDaniels and the front office's decision to go with Justin King and Al Harris as the primary back-ups at corner once Murphy went down, I don't think Spags should be scapegoated for a bad season.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast