HUbison is offline Superbowl MVP

Game 5 Opponent Analysis: World Champ Packers

The best team in the NFL hosting what is by many accounts the worst team in the NFL.

Nothing could go wrong here.

Rodgers vs. Rams DBs --- Um, well.......I got nothing. This is the absolute worst possible matchup for the Rams.

Pack O-line vs. Rams pass rush --- Good news: Both Packer OTs are dinged up. Bad news: The Rams are having trouble duplicating last year's success. Long is still getting pressure, and Quinn is learning, but they are not making opposing QBs nervous. Rodgers with time? Oh brother.

Bradford vs. Pack DBs --- It took a while, but I finally found a category in which the Rams match up better than the Pack. GB's DBs are giving up right at 300 air yards per game. Charles Woodson is ageless, and they can produce TOs, but they get beat a lot in the air as well. At this point, what does this team have to lose. Air it out, Sammy!

Folks, we could look at a few more areas, but none of them are all that pretty. Two things have to happen for the Rams to even make it a game. 1) The pass rush has to get to Rodgers early and often. At least make him think before he plays pitch and catch. 2) The Rams have to be able to stretch the Pack's secondary. I don't think S-Jax is going to be able to get much going against that Pack front 7, so moving the ball on offense will be the job of Bradford and those sure-handed Rams receivers. ---sigh---

"Before the gates of excellence the high gods have placed sweat; long is the road thereto and rough and steep at first; but when the heights are reached, then there is ease, though grievously hard in the winning." --- Hesiod

laram0 is offline Superbowl MVP

Re: Game 5 Opponent Analysis: World Champ Packers

Well, I guess that takes this game off of my UPSET SPECIAL list.