Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree10Likes

Thread: game comentry

game comentry

These game commentators have to be the worse yet. 4 times they have called the Rams cardinals.

TheBritishRam is offline Registered User

Re: game comentry

Their performance is matching that of the refs....

Flippin' Ram is offline Registered User

Don't know why Fox just retires Stockton, his age is showing and the poor use of the camera/missed calls reflects that.

♪ R.I.P. Nujabes ♫
    Your beat still laments the world

DE_Ramfan is online now Registered User

Ronde Barber is awful.

SavageRam is offline Registered User

Stockton just did it again, called the Rams the Cardinals.

I don't know what's been worse, the commentary, officiating, or the Ram's play calling.

jdh008 is offline Registered User

This is a nitpicky thing, but it has bothered all game that Stockton pronounces Carson Palmer's last name "Pahmer." And it's not as if he has a thick east coast accent or anything.

Vinnie25 is offline Registered User

Barber just called the Rams the Cardinals again… these commentators are as big of a joke as this game

Ram Dragoon is offline Registered User

nit-picky gents, the horrid play the Rams exhibited in this game is far-FAR worst then the commentators inability to distinguish between Rams and Cardinals
    Fargo Ram Fan likes this.

Fargo Ram Fan is offline Registered User

Typical and sad. The Rams looked pathetic (all too familiar) and the 'crew' here has to deride the TV crew. Do I really need to remind people that there is still a team called the St. Louis Cardinals? It's a simple mistake. Every time the Cards play the Rams this easy mistake gets made by the TV crew. I just love how many here predictably hammer any announcing crew who works any Rams beat down. Quite frankly, ANYONE in the media who has talked objectively about the Rams shortcomings (over the last several years) has been declared 'idiots', 'clueless', etc. To those who feel that these announcers are so awful...please post some of your air checks...from the last few games YOU called. Can't wait to critique those!

R.I.P. objectivity.
    Last edited by Fargo Ram Fan; -12-08-2013 at 10:00 PM.
    "You people point your 'f'in' finger and say theres the bad guy....what that make you....good?" Tony Montana

r8rh8rmike is online now Superbowl MVP

Quote Originally Posted by Fargo Ram Fan View Post
    Typical and sad. The Rams looked pathetic (all too familiar) and the 'crew' here has to deride the TV crew. Do I really need to remind people that there is still a team called the St. Louis Cardinals? It's a simple mistake. Every time the Cards play the Rams this easy mistake gets made by the TV crew. I just love how many here predictably hammer any announcing crew who works any Rams beat down. Quite frankly, ANYONE in the media who has talked objectively about the Rams shortcomings (over the last several years) has been declared 'idiots', 'clueless', etc. To those who feel that these announcers are so awful...please post some of your air checks...from the last few games YOU called. Can't wait to critique those!

R.I.P. objectivity.
    Really? Sad? Who are you, the message board critic? I think there's plenty of room for this thread/discussion to go along with any criticism of the Rams you want to see. Lighten up, we're here for entertainment, not to be scolded or told what to post/respond to.

As far as the announcers. They were HORRIBLE. Stumbling, bumbling, confused, embarrassing, and unprofessional. Stockton needs to be out to pasture, and Barber needs to go in a different retirement direction.
    ramsbruce likes this.

AvengerRam is online now Moderator Emeritus

R.I.P. objectivity.
    Why is it that 98% of your posts convey anger? Maybe you need a new hobby.
    RamDez, ramsbruce and THOLTFAN81 like this.

ramsbruce is online now Registered User

R.I.P. objectivity.
    Oh please, spare us the message board lecture. Personally, I don't expect much, if any praise from the media because we aren't very good. I have no problem with the media, we need to become more consistent winners to get some praise, and I'm fine with that. I always have been.

Whether the Rams are good or not this year, the fact still remains Dick Stockton is older now and not always on the ball. He can't keep up like he used to, and it's not just the St. Louis Rams/Cards mistakes. He butchers other games I've watched also. The criticism of Dick, and Barber for that matter is fair from the games I've watched with them this season.
    r8rh8rmike likes this.
    BRUUUUUUUUUUUCE

mmmmmm, not MY job to do it. THEY get PAID and a lot of money they get paid to do the job.

R.I.P. objectivity.
    ramsbruce and lordwhttgr like this.

lordwhttgr is offline Registered User
    I live in Danville Illinois, I work all over the USA.

Quote Originally Posted by RamDez View Post
    mmmmmm, not MY job to do it. THEY get PAID and a lot of money they get paid to do the job.
    I agree 100%. They are paid to be the subject matter experts on the game. Confusing the Rams with the St. Louis cardinals is inexcusable as it blows your confidence in who is speaking. They prepare all week for this and they can't keep the blue team's name straight. And the Cards are in Cardinal red to boot! Poor planning makes for P Poor performance.
    RamDez and laram0 like this.

laram0 is offline Superbowl MVP

Quote Originally Posted by lordwhttgr View Post
    I agree 100%. They are paid to be the subject matter experts on the game. Confusing the Rams with the St. Louis cardinals is inexcusable as it blows your confidence in who is speaking. They prepare all week for this and they can't keep the blue team's name straight. And the Cards are in Cardinal red to boot! Poor planning makes for P Poor performance.
    I could see why the commentators would confuse the 2 teams uniforms. Now where did I put my glasses!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast