throwback week

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    rams8821 is offline Registered User

This game COULD turn the season around....

Ok ok ok I know we havent played well lately, BUT we have played well enought to win especically the Seattle games. So.....

IF we can somehow find a way to dig deep, play a great game on the road, and get a W in Carolina it truly could turn our season right back around. We would be 5-5 and have 3 straight home games. To go 2-1 over those 3 games is a certain possibility. Then we would be 7-6 with 3 to go, and at that point Id like our chances. 9-7 will get a WC berth this year. I remember in 2004 we lost in Carolina to go to 6-7 (I was at that game too, what a stinker!!) then dropped to AZ on the raod to be 6-8. Everyone wrote us off but we won the next two, made the playoffs, and went to Seattle and won. Yeah yeah yeah I know what happened in ATL. But the win in Seattle ranks pretty high up there for me.

All is not lost folks, if we can manage a W on Sunday (ill be there rooting them on), then we are in OK shape....

So lets get a W sunday, and hopefully the fans in St. Louis fire up the team for their 3 game homestand!!

Rams Fan For Life:clanram: :clanram:

general counsel is offline Registered User

Re: This game COULD turn the season around....

Your fighting spirit is very much admired. Lets hope you are right. You must be a real glass half full guy in general.

ramming speed to all

general counsel

I never write my team off is all. Plus we better win, Ill be there!!!

Varg6 is offline Registered User

There is a small bit of hope...and that lies with this game. If we lose, the season is over, simple as that.

Always and Forever a fan of the St. Louis Rams

Country Guest

This is not a must win because the schedule is super weak after Carolina with the exception of the Bears.

general counsel is offline Registered User

Is "at minnesota" a weak team? No weaker than us. More importantly, if we lose to carolina and the bears, even if we run the table, we finish 9-7 which is unlikely to get us into the playoffs. We arent the same team without orlando pace, we are not going to be able to just show up and beat teams, which by the way we havent done all year anyway. The way our defense is playing, i dont know how anyone could believe that we are capable of a real winning streak. Of course, hope springs eternal. World peace could break out tomorrow as well.

ramming speed to all

general counsel

laram0 is offline Superbowl MVP

We all know how bad our defense is....well the Panthers through 9 games have one of the lowest ranked offenses in the league. Also the Panthers 3rd down conversion ranking is near the bottom. On the otherhand the Panthers D is ranked 2nd, I think?

My guess even though it makes no sense is that this will be a high scoring game. Deshaun Foster will have his best game of the season. I have a sick feeling that the Panthers offense will climb up the offensive rankings after this game.:x

I look for our D to really play well, dont ask me why just a hunch. Tye Hill starting is a good thing. If we win the turnover battle I think we can win this game!

r8rh8rmike is offline Superbowl MVP

Over at the Panthers message board, they seem worried about this game. I think they realize that like us, they have been inconsistent and depending on what Carolina team shows up, anything is possible.

There are a few things that should work to our advantage going into this game. Stephen Davis knows the Carolina offense and Will Witherspoon knows the Carolina defense, so I think we'll get a little insight there. Jim Haslett is also very familiar with facing Carolina and has been successful in scheming against them. Whether he can do that with our group remains to be seen, but after watching what we were able to accomplish in the second half against Seattle, maybe we carry that kind of effort over.

The big question will be the offensive line and whether or not they can hold up and give Bulger the protection he needs. Julius Peppers looms very large.

This game is huge because a win not only ties us with a team we might be battling a wildcard spot for, but gives us the tie-breaker over them. It would also get us off the losing streak and give us some momentum going into two very winnable games against the whiners and Cards. We need this.

ramstough39 is offline Registered User

It could turn the season around, and I very well hope it does. Our defense has been killing me -- and it looks like it's killing you guys, as well, too. I just don't understand their awareness anymore. It just seems how receivers on the opposing team are always open; it seems as if our corners are slacking off, dreaming of eating a three musketeers bar after the game, soothing in a warm bath instead of focusing on trying to dodge the receiver away from catching the football -- the primary objective.

I really hope we can get it together against Carolina, and contain Steve Smith, let alone Keyshawn Johnson. The last game against Carolina, in Carolina that we had, we lost miserably. But this time, we have Marc Bulger. And another hit on this time.. we could be worse, except just better at the quarterback position.

jkramsfan Guest

Quote Originally Posted by laram0 View Post
    We all know how bad our defense is....well the Panthers through 9 games have one of the lowest ranked offenses in the league. Also the Panthers 3rd down conversion ranking is near the bottom. On the otherhand the Panthers D is ranked 2nd, I think?

My guess even though it makes no sense is that this will be a high scoring game. Deshaun Foster will have his best game of the season. I have a sick feeling that the Panthers offense will climb up the offensive rankings after this game.:x
    hey i have that same sick feeling, is there anything you can take for it ?

Hopefully I see some fans there with the Blue and Gold. Ill be one of em!!!

ramsplaya16 is offline Registered User

Last game vs the panthers we had chris chandler right? He threw either 6 or 7 PICKS that game I think.... Correct me if I'm wrong
    Built RAM tough

ramsplaya16 is offline Registered User

Btw can you post the link to the panthers message board?
    Built RAM tough

r8rh8rmike is offline Superbowl MVP

Quote Originally Posted by ramsplaya16 View Post
    Btw can you post the link to the panthers message board?
    Here you go: http://www.panthershuddle.com/forum/

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast